Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2014, 02:49   #3136
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Interestingly the international Polo GTi won't come along for another couple of months. We could have taken some cues how the TSi or TDi would have turned out. With this steering change, seems like I will have to put the R-line steering wheel I bought on the market :(
the Gti has got no similarities with the gt tsi in any market as far as I know so I dont think it matters much.

I expect the new 2014 Gti to look different from the new 2014 polo just like the older Gti looks different vs. the older polo with different front and rear bumpers amongst other cosmetic differences.

That being said from the scoop pictures i feel the new flat bottom steering wheel in the face lift polo seems to be smaller in size than the outgoing model. it might actually be the same size as the gti/r line steering wheel. but will only know for sure once we see it in person.

can you tell us how much abd from where you bought the r line steering wheel ? is it with airbags or you going to use oem airbag ? who is installing it for you ?

thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 10:44   #3137
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
That being said from the scoop pictures i feel the new flat bottom steering wheel in the face lift polo seems to be smaller in size than the outgoing model. it might actually be the same size as the gti/r line steering wheel. but will only know for sure once we see it in person.

can you tell us how much abd from where you bought the r line steering wheel ? is it with airbags or you going to use oem airbag ? who is installing it for you ?

thanks
If there is a size difference between the old and new steering it would just be due to the flat bottom I feel, there shouldn't be considerable difference in size between the two.

I got the full R-line steering wheel shipped in from Europe. I don't think I'm allowed to put pricing and stuff on the thread, however I'll send you a PM with more info.
shefiu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 14:23   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
hey guys I was reading a few reviews on the new face lifted 2014 polo and it seems vw have updated the steering system from the electro hydraulic setup to a new electro mechanical setup which has made it more responsive and quicker.

since the steering wheel seems to have changed in the new upcoming indian polo can we expect this new setup here too ?

I too have read the same in some of the reviews. The steering feel is something which customers around the world have been complaining on. It needs to be seen if this new setup ( provided it applies to the India bound model) makes the handling comparable to the fiesta or punto. Only a test drive of the new polo can demonstrate the change.

This will definitely be welcome along with stiffer springs and better braking :-)

What VW has been quietly doing is adjusting EPS settings through the VAS at service stations as I have noticed post my last annual visit. The steering feel seems better now.
Old 15th June 2014, 02:22   #3139
BHPian

Has anyone confirmed from the dealerships on when the new polo will be launched.? My SE here says the car might be launched in august. Hope the spy pics seen are that of a comfort line as the alloys of the current car (highline) look much better than the facelifted version.
Old 15th June 2014, 13:06   #3140
BHPian

UPDATE - My SA spoke to his boss who inturn spoke to the folks at VW headquarters.... So apparently, there will be no changes in the 1.2, not even cosmetic. They are however launching a 1.5 petrol very soon, bookings for which will start in July. It will be priced a lac over the 1.2 across all variants. BTW, the trendline has now been discontinued - only the comfortline and highline are available. This last bit is first hand info when i visited the showroom yesterday. They've also got 2 interesting schemes going.
Old 15th June 2014, 23:24   #3141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_jacob View Post
UPDATE - My SA spoke to his boss who inturn spoke to the folks at VW headquarters.... So apparently, there will be no changes in the 1.2, not even cosmetic. They are however launching a 1.5 petrol very soon, bookings for which will start in July. It will be priced a lac over the 1.2 across all variants. BTW, the trendline has now been discontinued - only the comfortline and highline are available. This last bit is first hand info when i visited the showroom yesterday. They've also got 2 interesting schemes going.
That information seems misleading mate, maybe dealer wants you to buy current car by telling wrong info.
If some manufacture is launching a facelift (cosmetic) they will provide that too for every variant, so I'm completely disagree with your dealer info.
Old 15th June 2014, 23:36   #3142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
That information seems misleading mate, maybe dealer wants you to buy current car by telling wrong info.
If some manufacture is launching a facelift (cosmetic) they will provide that too for every variant, so I'm completely disagree with your dealer info.
Possibly, which is why i said 'apparently' ! I guess its a wait and watch game.... July isn't too far away. Might be worth the wait, but i am impatient !
Old 16th June 2014, 12:16   #3143
BANNED

i dont know what to believe and who to believe... spoke to a SA just now.

He told me only the 1.2 polo will be facelifted along with the all new 1.5 diesel. The gt tsi will remain same as face lifting it will add a lot more cost to the already on road 9 lakhs, told me it might go to 10 lakhs.

He also said to book polo gt tsi fast as it might get discontinued. i don't want to lose out on the gt tsi. what should i do ?

edit : the SA called me. now he is saying the gt tsi will continue. He said to book current gt tsi as the facelift gt tsi will be almost a lakh over the current gt tsi.

Really ? That much...? How much would a facelift 1.2 highlone be over the current 1.2 highline ?

Last edited by rana_kirti : 16th June 2014 at 12:39.
Old 16th June 2014, 23:44   #3144
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_jacob View Post
BTW, the trendline has now been discontinued - only the comfortline and highline are available. This last bit is first hand info when i visited the showroom yesterday. They've also got 2 interesting schemes going.
Do you have any more information with regard to the features of the new comfortline/highline?

Please shed some more light on the 2 schemes. Cheers.
Old 17th June 2014, 07:51   #3145
Senior - BHPian

I can confirm that I have also been told no trendline across VW range.
Old 17th June 2014, 09:51   #3146
BHPian

Quote:
i dont know what to believe and who to believe... spoke to a SA just now.

He told me only the 1.2 polo will be facelifted along with the all new 1.5 diesel. The gt tsi will remain same as face lifting it will add a lot more cost to the already on road 9 lakhs, told me it might go to 10 lakhs.

He also said to book polo gt tsi fast as it might get discontinued. i don't want to lose out on the gt tsi. what should i do ?

edit : the SA called me. now he is saying the gt tsi will continue. He said to book current gt tsi as the facelift gt tsi will be almost a lakh over the current gt tsi.

Really ? That much...? How much would a facelift 1.2 highlone be over the current 1.2 highline ?
These guys and their tricks to make a sale. I've decided that i am going to wait it out. July seems to be the most likely facelift launch. This has been confirmed by online forums, magazines and the SA as well - so the probability is high.

I was told the facelift highline will cost a Lac over the current version. I don't believe him.
Old 17th June 2014, 10:22   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Do you have any more information with regard to the features of the new comfortline/highline?

Please shed some more light on the 2 schemes. Cheers.
- Front: Changes are limited to the new headlights with twin-lighting elements (which are similar to the units found on the last-gen Polo sold in Europe) and silver insert , new fog lamps, new front bumper which is more sculptured than before and gets a new silver element that mimics the one in the headlight unit, a new grille.
-Interiors - No changes for the indian market :(
-Rear: Changes are limited to the new bumper with a more pronounced area around the number plate holder and new reflectors.

What are the differences?
1) The international model will get optional LED daytime running lamps, which Volkswagen India may or may not offer (the latter seems more probable).
2) The lower profile tyres found on the international model may not make it here. It will be offered with 15, 16 and 17-inch alloys based on the variant abroad, while in India we may have to be content with the 15-inch wheels. This is not exactly a bad thing as the ride will be more comfy on the standard tyres, but those who want a bit more of style will have to go for aftermarket wheels.
3) The international model gets a slight facelift on the inside too, which the test mule spied in India does not have. we may not get updates like a different shifter, redesigned three-spoke steering, new instrument cluster etc.
4) At the rear, the international model gets LED tail-lamp elements which have not been offered in India.

Schemes Currently Offered:

Scheme 1 : 25k Cash Discount on the Highline, 55k on the Comfortline.
After Discount the Highline comes to 6.63 with zero dep insurance and the Comfortline comes to 5.8 with insurance

Scheme 2: No Cash discount.
1. 3 Yr RSA + 3 Yr Warranty + 3 yr Comp insurance. ( can be converted to zero dep on additional charge)
2.Loan @9.99% if < than 4 Lacs. Over 4 Lacs loan at 10.6%.
Loan Details : Processing fee of 4-5k. Partial payments are allowed - the amount paid must be 3 times the amount of emi, and can be done twice a year. They charge 2% for this. Loan Pre Closure before 24 months at 3% of outstanding principal amount. After 24 months, 1.5% of outstanding principal amt.

On paying 600 Rs per month with your emi, end of year Service charge is free of cost( including labour).

Some pics from Spy shots of a test mule
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vw.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vw2.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vw3.jpg  

pavan_jacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 10:30   #3148
BANNED

spy shots seem to be of gt tsi. so gt tsi variant will also see a facelift... ?
Old 17th June 2014, 10:50   #3149
Senior - BHPian

It seems increasingly likely that all the hype about the 1.5 TDi with a DSG is a rumor. No substantial news ,no pics/catches. Very frustrating.
Old 21st June 2014, 10:25   #3150
BANNED

guys what do you think of the look of the facelift polo 2014 ? Does it look better than before ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks