Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2014, 13:07   #3151
BANNED

if I purchase a car a from a vw dealer then do I have to go to him for any warranty issues in the 2 years or can I go to any vw dealer ?
Old 22nd June 2014, 13:36   #3152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
if I purchase a car a from a vw dealer then do I have to go to him for any warranty issues in the 2 years or can I go to any vw dealer ?
You can go to any VW dealer/VWASS, anywhere in India.
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:47   #3153
BHPian

I just booked the Polo 1.2 Diesel Comfortline with the preferred pack kit yesterday. ABS, Airbags, fog lamps are standard. The preferred "corporate" kit comes with 15" alloys, blue-tooth, seat-covers, Side Door Protector and Rubber Mats.

The earlier Polo comfortline didn't have "avg km/l" reading in the MID. Does anyone have an idea whether the current Polo does?
Old 25th June 2014, 08:03   #3154
Distinguished - BHPian

With the facelifted Polo ready for launch , VW discontinues the GT range.

Volkswagen India has officially stopped production of the highly acclaimed Polo GT range in both TSI and TDI versions.
Quote:
With the new facelifted Polo right around the corner, Volkswagen's decision to stop production of its most expensive variants is an expected call. Although it is uncertain whether the new Polo will carry a GT line (or something even more powerful), the introduction of the 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine is expected at multiple levels of tune in order to combat the likes of the Ford Ecoboost and the Tata Revotron engine families
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...inued/37126552
Old 25th June 2014, 11:25   #3155
BHPian

My dream of owning the GT TSI will stay just that, a dream. It was out of my budget when I decided to buy a car last year, and I ended up buying the Petrol Highline.

I can only mourn now. :(
Old 25th June 2014, 11:55   #3156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
My dream of owning the GT TSI will stay just that, a dream. I can only mourn now. :(
Hold on for some time, VW is yet to spell out the Polo facelit variants. GT option could be available even in these too.
Old 27th June 2014, 10:56   #3157
BHPian

Volkswagen to Launch 2014 Polo Facelift on July 15th.

Update::

Volkswagen India launching 2014 Polo Facelift on July 15th.

Source:: IAB
Old 27th June 2014, 21:48   #3158
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Volkswagen to Launch 2014 Polo Facelift on July 15th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Update::

Volkswagen India launching 2014 Polo Facelift on July 15th.

Source:: IAB
From IAB

"Mechanically, VW will introduce a new 1.5-liter four-cylinder diesel engine on the Polo. This engine would be made in two states of tunes of 8o bhp and 104 bhp, with the more powerful variant getting the ‘GT TDI’ branding.

The petrol range of the Polo, which sees a 1.2-liter naturally-aspirated three-cylinder engine and a 1.2-liter TSI four-cylinder, is expected to continue unchanged. While the 1.2 three-cylinder is paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox, the TSI gets the modern 7-speed DSG transmission"
Old 28th June 2014, 11:48   #3159
BHPian

VW opens booking for 2014 Polo

Volkswagen has commenced booking of 2014 Polo on a down payment of INR 50,000. This facelifted Polo is expected to be launched on 15th July in 3 trims - Comfortline, Highline and Highline+ which means that the Trendline variant would be discontinued.

The new Polo will see cosmetic changes both from outside and inside.

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vw-polo1.png
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vw-polo3.png
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vw-polo5.png
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vw-polo4.png
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-vw-polo2.png

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/06/2...ommence-135084
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2014, 11:57   #3160
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW opens booking for 2014 Polo

picture below shows an armrest and flat-bottomed steering wheel. is this india specific ? and only on highline+?
called up a dealer to ask. bloke was clueless: "...i'll check and get back to you s'aar"
Old 28th June 2014, 12:06   #3161
BHPian

What happens to the Cross Polo? Will this be released in the new version.. with GT TDI? That might be interesting to a few.
Old 28th June 2014, 12:10   #3162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
picture below shows an armrest and flat-bottomed steering wheel. is this india specific ? and only on highline+?

called up a dealer to ask. bloke was clueless: "...i'll check and get back to you s'aar"

I don't think this vehicle is for India market, in the instrument cluster mph markings are made bolder than kph.

Also the first image in red for sure is a LHD.

Cheers!
Old 28th June 2014, 12:14   #3163
Senior - BHPian

This may not be India specific.
The interiors looks classy though. The current speedo console some how looks tacky, more so with the red MID.

VW needs to actually "care" for the customers and not just launch facelifted models.
Even the commercial advertisements seems downgrade the customer with a "Do you know how to drive" remark!!
Old 28th June 2014, 12:45   #3164
BHPian

The pics are of the new Polo sold in Europe market. I don't think the interiors will be as classy in India but we will definitely see an upgrade.

Moreover I always thought that the built and finish of Polo currently sold in India was best in its class. The 2 things which puts me off are poor leg room for rear seat passengers and after sales service.

VW has been focusing on offering premium quality product which is seen by the quality of paint finish, plastic quality used, DSG for auto transmission, etc. Its time to revamp and address all service related issues.
Old 28th June 2014, 12:56   #3165
Senior - BHPian

The GT variants of the 2014 Polo will be launched in August.

Quote:
VW will launch the refreshed 2014 VW Polo facelift on July 15. However, a report on Overdrive says that the launch will not cover the GT TSI and GT TDI variants of the hatchback. According to the report, the GT variants will launch a month after the regular Polo goes on sale.

The GT TSI variant will keep its 1.2-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine which produces 105 PS and 175 Nm of torque. It will also retain its gearbox which happens to be a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.

The GT TDI on the other hand will get its 1.6-liter engine replaced by a 1.5-liter four-cylinder motor, probably producing 105 PS of power. The transmission, a 5-speed manual, will continue unchanged.
Source: IAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I don't think this vehicle is for India market, in the instrument cluster mph markings are made bolder than kph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
This may not be India specific.
The interiors looks classy though. The current speedo console some how looks tacky, more so with the red MID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
The pics are of the new Polo sold in Europe market. I don't think the interiors will be as classy in India but we will definitely see an upgrade.
Except for the Dot Matrix MID and maybe the color display central unit, I guess the rest is India specific as suggested by the spy pic provided below:
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-spied2014vwpolofaceliftindiainterior.jpg

Source: ACI

Last edited by _raVan_ : 28th June 2014 at 13:09.
_raVan_ is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed