Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:56   #3196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Interesting if we could use these upgrades for the pre 2014 models.
The headrests look like a direct swap and the dead pedal should be an easy install. Not so sure about the steering wheel cause it looks like the wiring will be a little different.

@diffsoft: sorry, no idea about the armrest :/
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 20:43   #3197
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Functionally, the flat part at the bottom is supposed to help bulky people with the ingress and egress. Aesthetically, it transforms the cabin to give it a sporty look. May not appeal to the older generations though. That is to say, my father may not be able to appreciate this difference.
OK, OK, so I'm old.

No, wait! You're right! 62 on Friday
Old 2nd July 2014, 20:49   #3198
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
OK, OK, so I'm old.

No, wait! You're right! 62 on Friday
Sir, I didn't mean to offend you. Apologies if it did. My father is a wee bit older than you are and he isn't exactly well versed with the newer technologies inside the car.

Many happy returns in advance btw!
Old 2nd July 2014, 21:50   #3199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, I didn't mean to offend you. Apologies if it did.
No way, no problem: the joke is on me, and I'm quite happy with it, hence the laughing smilie

And thanks for the wishes!
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:00   #3200
BHPian

The alloys aren't to my taste. Looks like wheel covers from afar.
Even the current model's Estrada aren't very good. The earlier thicker spokes were far better looking. Just my opinion.
Old 3rd July 2014, 08:21   #3201
Distinguished - BHPian

People in Mumbai & Pune with RCD 310 player, fyi & NA please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
USB cable to connect your ipods & iphones (other than 5/5c/5s) to the stock (RCD 310) music player.

Basically had one, misplaced it, bought a new one, and then found the old one. It works perfectly fine, and is just about a year old.

I'm currently keeping it for Pune & Mumbai bhpians currently - whom I could hand it over in person. PM me if you need this.

Charges: Eak chai of the best tea-joint you can recommend
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:17   #3202
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Would be interesting to know the changes in head light assembly for 2014 Polo. Any changes noticed on the same.

The present head light are not upto the mark on illuminating the roads. If 2014 polo/vento comes with improved head light assembly, and if reasonably priced, then I would go for upgrade, rather than going for non-OEM projector setup.
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:22   #3203

Can someone confirm on the colors (exterior) on the facelift version ? I'm looking forward to buy GT TSI facelifted, but I'm afraid the current Red color is going to be discontinued.

I'm not too happy with the new 'copper orange' color. I just hope white and black will be available for the new version.

Also any reviews on the touch screen media player with GPS navigation, bluetooth etc. ? It costs something around 68k when exchanged with the OEM fitted media player. Would like to know if it is indeed worth it's cost.
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:39   #3204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_SRK View Post
Can someone confirm on the colors (exterior) on the facelift version ? I'm looking forward to buy GT TSI facelifted, but I'm afraid the current Red color is going to be discontinued.
VW has not confirmed the launch of the GT TSI/TDI facelift Polo yet.
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:47   #3205

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW has not confirmed the launch of the GT TSI/TDI facelift Polo yet.
My SA in Pune informed me that GT TSI facelifted will be available in August 2014. He knows from someone in the chakan plant, that SOP for GT TSI facelift will be in CW32.

I hope the news is true.
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:10   #3206
BANNED

Slightly offtopic - my friend is contemplating between grand i10 & polo 1.2 p, he likes to know which is more fun to drive & has peppy engine ?
He can't digest the fact that car costing upwards 7 lakh which has 3 cylinder engine, apart from that he's sold on polo.
Old 3rd July 2014, 22:05   #3207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Slightly offtopic - my friend is contemplating between grand i10 & polo 1.2 p, he likes to know which is more fun to drive & has peppy engine ?
He can't digest the fact that car costing upwards 7 lakh which has 3 cylinder engine, apart from that he's sold on polo.
I'm no expert, but I've driven several petrol and diesel cars.

However, last sunday was the first time i drove a polo and that even diesel.
While, I agree the car costs way too much but seriously, what i can't digest is that vw's engineering is certainly worth appreciating that they can take out so much power from a 1.2-litre 3 cylinder engine, I was floored !

Please note I've been driving a Getz CRDi 110 bhp since last 5 years, never for even an instant i felt i was driving an underpowered car while driving polo 1.2 tdi. I have not driven polo petrol, but i expect it to be equally if not more good.

Also, i would recommend one should purchase the car which satisfies all the requirements of the person, should be apt for the usage pattern and i believe should bring a smile on the person's face.

Strictly my personal opinion.

Last edited by vishalchaudhary : 3rd July 2014 at 22:06. Reason: Adding Text
vishalchaudhary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 10:36   #3208
BHPian

I am taking delivery of my Polo TDi today afternoon at Volkwagen Whitefield. Initial checks done and necessary documents ready. Hopefully, everything goes as planned.
Old 4th July 2014, 11:32   #3209
Team-BHP Support

AutoEvolution has reviewed the facelifted 2014 Polo - AutoEvolution

Some snaps from the review:

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpolofaceliftreview2014720p32.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpolofaceliftreview2014720p30.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpolofaceliftreview2014720p25.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpolofaceliftreview2014720p18.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpolofaceliftreview2014720p8.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpolofaceliftreview2014720p15.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpolofaceliftreview2014720p1.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpolofaceliftreview2014720p13.jpg

Unfortunately, the differences between the Indian facelift and the European ones are glaring! Well they pay a bigger premium for the Polo so that’s there. This shade of blue looks very nice similar to the one on the Brio/Amaze, Laura/Octavia. I hope at least it makes it here.

EDIT: The keyfob has also changed similar to the new Octavia:

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img10714.jpg

Source: link

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th July 2014 at 11:42.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 13:16   #3210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
I own a Polo 1.2 P since June 2013, and have recently booked a Grand i10. So I guess I am qualified to answer your query.

Polo: The 3 pot engine of the Polo 1.2 is definitely unrefined, especially compared to the Grand i10's purrer. The Polo doesn't like low revs (read below 1200 RPM), and will feel sluggish if you let the RPM fall. You'll end up shifting to the 1st gear for most potholes and speed breakers. Having said that, the engine pulls satisfactorily once it crosses 1300 RPM. And the overall FTD factor is high. She does bring a smile to my face even after a year.

Grand i10: While I have only test driven the car, everyone on the forum seems to agree that at its price point, the Grand i10 is the perfect city car. It is definitely feature-rich, and has a very refined engine. A couple of times during the TD, I didn't know if the engine was running or not. But only time will tell if I enjoy her as much as I do my German princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
AutoEvolution has reviewed the facelifted 2014 Polo
So they HAVE dropped the smoked headlights from the facelift! I wonder why...

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 4th July 2014 at 13:30.
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks