Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2014, 13:30   #3211
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Would the Indian spec version(s) have:-
- rear disk brakes?
- arm rest?
- foot rest?

I see that the ACC is missing in the photos, unless this is a lower variant.
Old 4th July 2014, 14:01   #3212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Would the Indian spec version(s) have:-
- rear disk brakes?
- arm rest?
- foot rest?
Dead pedal is confirmed. Please check the snaps (Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review) posted 2 pages back.

I don't suppose the arm rest and rear discs would be available. None of the scoop snaps posted had the details of these visible.

Quote:
I see that the ACC is missing in the photos, unless this is a lower variant.
For the AutoEvolution review? Yes that's the entry level model. The higher end variants have the climatronic AC.
Old 4th July 2014, 14:19   #3213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Dead pedal is confirmed. Please check the snaps (Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review) posted 2 pages back.

I don't suppose the arm rest and rear discs would be available. None of the scoop snaps posted had the details of these visible.
Ohh yes. Just saw the snaps. Wish the current models had the dead-pedal at-least. The clutch on the Polo is not the easiest to handle.
Old 4th July 2014, 14:43   #3214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Slightly offtopic - my friend is contemplating between grand i10 & polo 1.2 p, he likes to know which is more fun to drive & has peppy engine ?
He can't digest the fact that car costing upwards 7 lakh which has 3 cylinder engine, apart from that he's sold on polo.
I would say that the most fun / peppy petrol hatchbacks today on the market are:
  • Grand i10
  • Swift
  • Brio
  • Upcoming Bolt
  • Etios Cross 1.5 Petrol

I also found the Polo 1.2 sluggish due to the heavy weight.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 19:00   #3215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I would say that the most fun / peppy petrol hatchbacks today on the market are:
  • Grand i10
  • Swift
  • Brio
  • Upcoming Bolt
  • Etios Cross 1.5 Petrol

I also found the Polo 1.2 sluggish due to the heavy weight.

I think we Team BHP guys can be too enthusiastic at times. Don't get me wrong brother but how can we rate a car which is yet to be released (Tata Bolt) . It might be the best or the worst of the lot.
Old 4th July 2014, 21:22   #3216
BANNED

vishalchaudhary
I have pass on your impression mate & I agree with you mate, buy whats you happy, Thanks.
TheLizardKing
Forward your observations to my friend mate, I agree grande i10 is more fun to drive.
Thanks.
gsurya
Completely agree with you mate, thanks.
unknown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 05:28   #3217
BHPian

I took delivery of my Polo TDi comfortline yesterday evening from Volkswagen Whitefield(Apple Auto). I would rate the overall show-room experience as between good and better. The staff were very courteous and though there were a number of deliveries, all were given importance equally and without UN-necessary delays. The only negatives:-
- I was not told when I would get the "preferred corporate" kit. It would take about 10 days, I was told, but no exact date given.
- We were being pressurized/convinced to give a "Very Satisfactory" rating to the overall sales process when we receive feedback calls in a few days time. C'mon, Apple Auto why do you need to get that low and tell us what to do?

Coming to the car itself: Though a Comfortline, its got a lot more features than the earlier version. Comparing with the same variant of two years back, this comes with:-
- ABS, Airbags as Standard
- 2-DIN Music system
- Electrically adjustable ORVM
- MID with a lot of information including and not limited to: acutal speed, average speed of trip, instantaneous fuel efficiency, average fuel efficiency, duration of trip, distance to empty
- Rear wiper
- Illuminated switches all round
- Auto up/down for all windows
- Anti-Pinch safety on all windows.
I am still exploring the car, so will take a while till i get to know all the features.

The safety and comfortable feeling inside the Polo is well known. Coming from an Alto, this really feels like its built to last. The quality is impeccable. Since its still very early days, I am not going to comment on the drive, engine or others just yet.

Will share details in my ownership review thread.
That's my son, with the chocolates he got in one hand and the car in the other.
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20140704_183223.jpg

P.S: I didn't feel the clutch hard or heavy as some others have reported, but why did VW have to make the play so lengthy?

Last edited by aneezan : 5th July 2014 at 05:45. Reason: changed word
aneezan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 08:23   #3218
BHPian

VW Sales Advisor I spoke to gave a few more details on the facelift. Prominent among them (interiors) are:

1. Wheelbase longer by 13 mm translating into better rear comfort albeit marginally.

2. Double barrel headlamps has improved luminosity as well.

3. No arm rest but a dead pedal as shown in the facelift pictures.

4. MID will now show coolant temperature in place of instantaneous consumption.

5. The dash and center console arrangement will not touch the driver's knee.

Another minor change in the exterior logo is that the V and the W of VW are merged, unlike a micro gap now.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 08:57   #3219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I took delivery of my Polo TDi comfortline yesterday evening from Volkswagen Whitefield(Apple Auto).
Many congrats aneezan. Let the car serve you and your family for many years to come.

I am wondering why the car did not come with those smoked headlamps. Was this not changed sometime back across all the variants? I hope you’ve cross-checked the car’s VIN with member wildon. Please do it if you haven’t just to be sure.

Drive safe!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 09:43   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Many congrats aneezan. Let the car serve you and your family for many years to come.

I am wondering why the car did not come with those smoked headlamps. Was this not changed sometime back across all the variants? I hope you’ve cross-checked the car’s VIN with member wildon. Please do it if you haven’t just to be sure.

Drive safe!
Thanks a lot Gannu.
The smoked headlamps are only standard on the HL.
I have checked the VIN with another reference I know, however, will surely double check here as well. Thank you again.
Old 5th July 2014, 14:28   #3221
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of my Polo TDi comfortline yesterday evening from Volkswagen Whitefield(Apple Auto).
Honestly you have taken one of the best cars that money can buy today in Indian market. Well this could be arguable, but since the 2013 model Polo have been well equipped. Especially the comfort line.It has almost all the features that the high line has except alloys, and a blue tooth radio. To give a perspective, in the Hyundai range such detailed MID starts from only Verna.
They have also rectified many issues that they had with their initial cars.
So congrats Aneezan
I really hope that the service experience improves and the car buyer gets a long trouble free ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
VW Sales Advisor I spoke to gave a few more details on the facelift. Prominent among them (interiors) are:

2. Double barrel headlamps has improved luminosity as well.

4. MID will now show coolant temperature in place of instantaneous consumption.
Well I am going to miss the Double barrel headlamps for sure. It looks so cool. And to my eyes no after market headlamps compares to it in terms of looks!
Coolant temperature is a cool thing to show, but they should not have replaced the instantaneous FE figures.

I spoke to one of the SAs and he mentioned about a 4 cylinder petrol engine.
May be just a rumor, but I will be really interested to see which one would it be. A TSi with a manual gear box ?
Lets wait till July 15th
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 17:11   #3222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Coolant temperature is a cool thing to show, but they should not have replaced the instantaneous FE figures.
Instantaneous FE is useless as it can go up till 50 Kmpl+. There is another FE figure which is denoted by Ø this symbol. That gives you correct/approx FE.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 17:27   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Instantaneous FE is useless as it can go up till 50 Kmpl+. There is another FE figure which is denoted by Ø this symbol. That gives you correct/approx FE.
Ah exactly that's why its called instantaneous. And the max I have seen in my car is 85 kmpl when you have your foot off the accelerator and do an engine breaking. Of course it shows 8 kmpl during hard acceleration. I quite fancy it really, because if your mind is in a fuel saving mode, then noticing these patterns can really help you optimize your driving style to give you the best FE - with a Ø symbol
rejoycjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 10:59   #3224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
HEspecially the comfort line.It has almost all the features that the high line has except alloys, and a blue tooth radio. To give a perspective, in the Hyundai range such detailed MID starts from only Verna.
They have also rectified many issues that they had with their initial cars.
So congrats Aneezan
Thanks rejoycjohn,
They are adding alloys and blue-tooth as freebies, which I shall be getting in about 10 days time.
Old 6th July 2014, 19:56   #3225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Will share details in my ownership review thread.
Congrats aneezan and welcome to the 'Polo Club'.

White still is my favourite color, though I now have a Special thing for Red !!

Quote:

I am wondering why the car did not come with those smoked headlamps. Was this not changed sometime back across all the variants?
I was just wondering the same Gannu.
Now that aneezan has confirmed that this is the feature of only the Highline, I am quite surprise and at the same time tiny bit proud to have bought the GT !!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks