Old 1st August 2014, 10:05   #3316
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Here are the pics I promised you:

Attachment 1268982

Attachment 1268983

I put them up here rather than in an email so that other members can have a look too. They cost me 1200 bucks (inclusive of installation). They are of good quality and have adhered firmly. I just hope the adhesive tape is long lasting... They do look quite classy don't they?

BTW, you can also see the famous plastic seat covers in the pics.
I still laugh when i think of your plastic cover story ! !

Definitely looks classy, should ask my guy for something similar... Thanks for the post !
Old 3rd August 2014, 20:54   #3317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Pavan, you seem to be the first guy here to have received the new polo. Please do us all a BIG favour and post some pics of the car. Would love to see her from all angles in the beautiful night blue colour.
Thread Uploaded.

Here you go - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3495968
pavan_jacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 00:01   #3318
DWC
BHPian

Thanks Pavan!

Does anybody know where to get the sporty pedals for the Polo in Mumbai? Ebay india has them for 1500 odd rupees and aliexpress has them for 500 odd rupees. They should be a fit in the new car as well, right? Also, how are these fitted? Does it latch on or does it have to be screwed or something?

Last edited by DWC : 4th August 2014 at 00:08.
Old 4th August 2014, 22:59   #3319
BHPian

Hi all,

I've currently booked Ford EcoSport 1.5 Petrol but the prolonged delay in the delivery of the car has forced me to look at other options.

Given the fact that my usage is below 500kms/m and mostly city traffic, which variant of VW Polo would suit my requirement best? Is paying almost 2 lakh extra for TSI over MSI really worth it?

Also, I do agree that both cars are in different segments... but how does VW Polo compare with Ford EcoSport Petrol? Also, how does VW Polo compare with Fiat Punto?
Old 4th August 2014, 23:11   #3320
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Also, how are these fitted? Does it latch on or does it have to be screwed or something?
Yep, they simply attach to the pedals after the rubber pedals are removed.

Here:
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-da7b11u960.jpg
(Source: Google Images)

Do check the feedbacks from the AliExpress links before taking the plunge.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 23:28   #3321
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Yep, they simply attach to the pedals after the rubber pedals are removed.

Do check the feedbacks from the AliExpress links before taking the plunge.
Problem with aliexpress is the long shipment times by ordinary post. I don't know if I want to wait for a month or so. And the faster courier services up the price considerably. Maybe, i'll just buy it on ebay.in after all.
Old 5th August 2014, 10:33   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
Hi all,

I've currently booked Ford EcoSport 1.5 Petrol but the prolonged delay in the delivery of the car has forced me to look at other options.

Given the fact that my usage is below 500kms/m and mostly city traffic, which variant of VW Polo would suit my requirement best? Is paying almost 2 lakh extra for TSI over MSI really worth it?

Also, I do agree that both cars are in different segments... but how does VW Polo compare with Ford EcoSport Petrol? Also, how does VW Polo compare with Fiat Punto?
Hi dsunn,

Autocar had carried out a comparison, just for you here's the link http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fea...si-355731.aspx maybe it will help.

in case, it is just the waiting time for ecosport that is making you shift, then you may face a long waiting time on GT TSi as well. I booked mine a couple of weeks back, just post the launch of the facelifted Polo, and the delivery estimate is 1st week of November

though, no such waiting time for the Polo 1.2. they are available almost off-the-shelf. but if you are considering the GT TSi, then do give it a hard thought. Considering that your running is about 500 km per month and that too in city traffic, the convenience of an auto is unmatched, and the one you are considering is among the best. having a dsg equipped Laura, I can vouch for the convenience and the fun part as well.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 13:40   #3323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Hi dsunn,

Considering that your running is about 500 km per month and that too in city traffic, the convenience of an auto is unmatched, and the one you are considering is among the best.
I totally agree with lalittalwar here dsunn. I have not driven the 1.5l Petrol Ecosport but have had a chance to TD the 1.5TDCI.

Ecosport is really good as a package, but if you take the 1.5 Petrol and put it against the 1.2 TSI of either the Polo or Vento, Ecosport will be a gonner.

A close friend of mine got his GT TSI (pre-facelift) delivered around the same time I got my GT TDI. Though I love the surge of 250 NM torque in my GT, the ease of driving, seemless quick shifts of DSG and that 1.2 TSI engine is light years ahead when it comes to convenience.

Automatic cars can be so stress-free that I have often heard owners stating that their usage has increased considerably from what they initially had imagined!! LOL

Please check with the experts & DSG owners before you make your pick. And as lalittalwar has mentioned, GT TSI will not come home for atleast 3 more months.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 5th August 2014 at 13:44.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 15:04   #3324
BANNED

guys,

my dealer put his name and phone no.s etc on the rear glass of my new polo on day of delivery. How can I remove this without damaging or leaving any marks on the rear glass ?

Thanks.
Old 5th August 2014, 15:27   #3325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
guys,

my dealer put his name and phone no.s etc on the rear glass of my new polo on day of delivery. How can I remove this without damaging or leaving any marks on the rear glass ?

Thanks.
Use soap solution. Spray wet the sticker area and pull out the sticker. Depending on the type of sticker, it will leave some 'residual' paper. Apply sufficient soap solution and scrub it with your finger nails or any blunt plastic object so as to avoid any scratches on the glass. You can also use alcohol (available with any chemist) to clean the residual sticker.

Also rubbing the wet sticker by a cloth with a slightly rough texture works very well.

Next time your car goes to the dealer for service, make sure to instruct the guys not to put any sticker on the car. This is the best solution.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 22:05   #3326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Considering that your running is about 500 km per month and that too in city traffic, the convenience of an auto is unmatched, and the one you are considering is among the best. having a dsg equipped Laura, I can vouch for the convenience and the fun part as well.
Hi Lalit,

Thanks for the valuable suggestion.

Considering the fact that my monthly running is relatively low (my daily work commute is about 11kms - to n fro) and that too mostly in city traffic, I really wonder if I'll be able to enjoy the TSI to its fullest capabilities.

To be frank, I'm not a big car enthusiast, but would definitely like to have a hatchback or psuedo-SUV which is good for city driving conditions and has good road-presence. What say?
Old 5th August 2014, 22:20   #3327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Punto with a T-Jet engine would have been a good match to the GT TSI, but not with the current 1.4. If you are not really sold on the Ecosport, and does not require the SUV stance and high GC, the GT TSI should be the best option under 10 lakhs.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 22:44   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
To be frank, I'm not a big car enthusiast, but would definitely like to have a hatchback or psuedo-SUV which is good for city driving conditions and has good road-presence. What say?
Quote:
how does VW Polo compare with Ford EcoSport Petrol? Also, how does VW Polo compare with Fiat Punto?
Hello dsunn. First of all I would ask that have you test driven all the cars you are having in your mind? If not then I would strongly recommend to do the test drives and try to asses the cars on different aspects you are bothered about.

We can just give our opinions based on our expectations and experience with different cars but ultimately its your tuning with the car which matters.

I would suggest test drive the Polo 1.2 (75bhp), TSI, Punto 1.2, 1.4 and guessing you have already test driven Ecosport, compare your experience with all the cars. Put your views here then ask for opinions. That will be better situation for you and us to proceed discussing further on this topic

Not all cars are perfect, neither expectations of every person from the cars are same.
Old 5th August 2014, 23:34   #3329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I would suggest test drive the Polo 1.2 (75bhp), TSI, Punto 1.2, 1.4 and guessing you have already test driven Ecosport, compare your experience with all the cars. Put your views here then ask for opinions. That will be better situation for you and us to proceed discussing further on this topic
Yes, I have test-driven the Polo 1.2 and TSI, though this was back in March '14. I've not test-driven the Punto, even the older versions. The reason why I'm asking here is because:

A) A test-drive is a test drive. It is hard to assess and compare two cars, especially from mid- to long-term ownership perspective.

B) I'm no car expert and assume that quite a few BHPians have much more in-depth knowledge than I have.

C) It is quite obvious that I'm confused and unable to make clear conclusions at this juncture. The idea was to get a clearer perspective from some of the members before I start test-driving every car in town.

As dumb as it may sound, but during my test-drive of both 1.2 and TSI Polo, I found marginal difference between the two cars. But that clearly is not the case and I realized that I should've paid more attention to engine performance rather than features and external cosmetics while comparing the two cars. Hence I wanted a clearer perspective so that I focus on those main features during my future test drives and my eventual final decision-making process.

Last edited by dsunn : 5th August 2014 at 23:37.
Old 6th August 2014, 05:16   #3330
BHPian

@dsunn, thoughts from a fellow non-enthusiast who had booked an Ecosport AT and cancelled it in favor of of TSI.

1. Choose the TSI if you need an automatic to manage city traffic.
2. You need good low end torque, typically needed in city to overtake slower moving vehicles in front of you.
3. Mileage of the TSI will be better than that of Ecosport.
4. If you like the "thud" every time you shut the door, that no on else seems to have replicated in a small car.
5. If you like a design that is simple, will not lose its freshness for long even after a revamped launch.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks