Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 11:24   #3331
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
Considering the fact that my monthly running is relatively low (my daily work commute is about 11kms - to n fro) and that too mostly in city traffic, I really wonder if I'll be able to enjoy the TSI to its fullest capabilities.
the stop-go traffic of a city is where an automatic(any) shines. I too live in gurgaon and used to drive to cyber city and then Udyog vihar from DLF V in my safari 3.0 dicor in 2007 and 2009-10. i developed a pain in my left knee because of keeping the clutch pressed for too long. not to say the more modern cars and SUV's will give you the same. but after that i got sold on automatics, be it city or highways.

Quote:
To be frank, I'm not a big car enthusiast, but would definitely like to have a hatchback or psuedo-SUV which is good for city driving conditions and has good road-presence. What say?
in this case, the Ecosport ticks all your boxes. keep the booking, it should be worth its weight in gold otherwise, you could also look at duster and terrano, both are available in petrol. but the interiors' quality may not be at par with the Ecosport. Also, a duster facelift is also around the corner. sorry if am confusing you further
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 16:47   #3332
BHPian

Hey folks, I bought a Polo TDi last month(earlier version), and am enjoying it to the maximum. My only grouse is the need for a arm-rest. I have seen a DIY explaining the installation on a GT TDi, however, I feel I cannot do it myself. I would like to know whether:-
- The dealer himself would have it and can fix it?
- If not, where can i procure an original VW armrest for the Polo? Can the dealer then fix it?
- If not too, then where can i get it installed professionally?
Old 7th August 2014, 10:41   #3333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Hey folks, I bought a Polo TDi last month(earlier version), and am enjoying it to the maximum. My only grouse is the need for a arm-rest. I have seen a DIY explaining the installation on a GT TDi, however, I feel I cannot do it myself. I would like to know whether:-
- If not, where can i procure an original VW armrest for the Polo? Can the dealer then fix it?
I dont think dealer can procure it, nor fit it.

You will have to procure it personally (I had ordered from Aliexpress, not fitted yet), or visit some car store (Gannu_1 had posted some names) like vagtune, etc. who can do both procurement and fitment.
Old 7th August 2014, 10:43   #3334
BANNED

hey fellow polo brothers,

i'm very keen to change the beige interior parts on the door and below front dash of my polo from beige to red/black.

what is the best way to go about this ? Can anyone suggest a good place in Delhi NCR where this can be done ?

Attaching a few pictures for reference to what i have in mind....

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-223.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-224.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-225.jpg  

Last edited by rana_kirti : 7th August 2014 at 11:09.
Old 7th August 2014, 13:21   #3335
BHPian

Any idea on how the average mileage counter on the MID of the Polo works?
I see that it takes the average for a trip, however, this "trip" calculation is continued when if say, I start the car after maybe within 4 or 5 hours.
The counter is usually reset if its a new day or the duration between 2 "starts" of the car is lengthy.
Could anyone enlighten me?
Old 7th August 2014, 14:08   #3336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The counter is usually reset if its a new day or the duration between 2 "starts" of the car is lengthy.
It is indeed something like that, and I think that the manual gives the exact answer.

It is so that the "trip" meter can allow for breaks in the trip.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 15:07   #3337
BHPian

Quote:
I see that it takes the average for a trip, however, this "trip" calculation is continued when if say, I start the car after maybe within 4 or 5 hours.
Though I don't remember clearly, I think that the time is 2 hours in my Vento. I currently do not have access to the manual.
pnredkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 15:45   #3338
BHPian

Don't know if it has been already discussed or not. But I was just checking and came across the wheelbase figure for the new Polo. It is 2469 mm now versus 2456 mm earlier - an increase of 13 mm. Even though this is not much, but could translate into a wee bit more interior space, unless it has been utilized somewhere else.

Another interesting aspect is that both the front & rear tracks seem to have been reduced:
Front: From 1463 to 1460: 3 mm less
Rear: From 1463 to just 1456: 7 mm less

Don't know how much, if any, impact this will have on the handling.
jessie007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 15:53   #3339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Even though this is not much, but could translate into a wee bit more interior space, unless it has been utilized somewhere else. Don't know how much, if any, impact this will have on the handling.

The new polo definitely feels a tad spacious over the old one. This may not be apparent at first but can be felt when being driven in the car. The only change in he handling was the minimal body roll. The car feels a little unsettled when compared to the previous model.
Old 7th August 2014, 15:53   #3340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Though I don't remember clearly, I think that the time is 2 hours in my Vento. I currently do not have access to the manual.
Yes it is 2 hours for the trip meter 1. Everything resets if the time between 2 starts is 2 hrs. The Trip 2 has a life of 19 hr driving time (the manual says 19 or 99 hr. But I could not figure out how to change to 99)
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 18:26   #3341
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post

You will have to procure it personally (I had ordered from Aliexpress, not fitted yet)
Can you post a picture of the arm rest you ordered as well as keep us updated once its fitted?
Also, can you tell me which seller you bought it from on aliexpress and any issues faced with customs?
How long did it take to reach you?
Thanks.
Old 7th August 2014, 22:26   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
guys,

my dealer put his name and phone no.s etc on the rear glass of my new polo on day of delivery. How can I remove this without damaging or leaving any marks on the rear glass ?

Thanks.
I had the same problem. The guys at 3M used a blade, and scraped the sticker off. It doesn't leave any scratches, though I would definitely not suggest a DIY. There is some skill involved... I know I wouldn't dare.
Old 7th August 2014, 22:53   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Can you post a picture of the arm rest you ordered as well as keep us updated once its fitted?
Also, can you tell me which seller you bought it from on aliexpress and any issues faced with customs?
Thanks.
Here is an alternative if you want to consider souring it through an Indian seller instead of Aliexpress. Not that Aliexpress is any bad. Just another option which I had tried out. Good thing about this is that the seller is also involved in getting things clear at our end and ease of communication with seller. So it relieves you from many such worries. Check out the below link:

http://www.vagtune.com/secure/car-ty...d864207-detail
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 23:16   #3344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have seen a DIY explaining the installation on a GT TDi, however, I feel I cannot do it myself.
The installation is extremely easy and requires a couple of spanners and a Torx bit screwdriver. I couldn't have put it in a better way in that thread. You should try attempting it yourself or your neighbourhood garage (like the Bosch ones) would fix it for a fee.

Quote:
I would like to know whether:-
None of the VW dealers in India stocks this since this isn't a standard fitment.

Quote:
They won't fix it even if you source one and take it to them. Unless the service center is extremely friendly and in good terms with you. I know a few down south are.

You can procure one from Vagtune or one of the several Aliexpress links.

Quote:
Any FNG can do it. It's pretty simple and the plastics won't break easily. You should give it a try though. If you've fixed that loose handle on the pressure cooker or frying pan using a screwdriver/spanner for your mom, you can do this too. Give it a shot!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 08:44   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Thanks.
Pls refer my post here for my shopping experience.

Yes I'll definitely try to DIY using Gannu_1's DIY post as reference. Will update once I do it.
amanomics is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed