Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2014, 19:12   #3346
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Volkswagen has discontinued giving spares bulbs with the car, any one who bought vw has got the spares bulbs or not ?
unknown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 20:47   #3347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Volkswagen has discontinued giving spares bulbs with the car, any one who bought vw has got the spares bulbs or not ?
OMG !

You're right, didn't notice while taking delivery. There are no spare bulbs.
Old 8th August 2014, 21:01   #3348

Quote:
They must've discontinued it because I didn't get any either.. Took delivery of the new Polo last week..
Old 8th August 2014, 21:29   #3349
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now that's unnecessary and cheap! How much can a spare bulb cost these companies, when bought in bulk quantities!

Spare bulb cannot be optional, specially for people doing highway runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 8th August 2014, 21:40   #3350
BHPian

guys, one question about my polo 1.2 petrol

today while driving back from work, took another route and could avoid a hump, flew over it.

first came the EPC sign and then the engine sign, now the EPC sign is gone, engine sign still remains. should i take the car to the service centre?? no hard crashes were heard when i hit the hump. help
Old 8th August 2014, 23:08   #3351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinfrancis View Post
first came the EPC sign and then the engine sign, now the EPC sign is gone, engine sign still remains. should i take the car to the service centre?? no hard crashes were heard when i hit the hump. help
Yes, you should definitely take the car to the workshop ASAP. They will scan it with VAS machine to know the error code and would also lift up the car to visually see if there's been any damage.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 23:27   #3352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Now that's unnecessary and cheap! How much can a spare bulb cost these companies, when bought in bulk quantities!

Spare bulb cannot be optional, specially for people doing highway runs
The Polo now has dual bulbs, one for high and low beam, so the spare is already in the headlight. In my Altis, they have given spare but only for high beam. So if the low beam blows I am still left without a low beam bulb but still have lights.

Pretty sure nobody will give you 4 bulbs spare but actually they could have done something clever and given one low beam and one high beam bulb. Might have made sense.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 23:59   #3353
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary View Post
OMG !

You're right, didn't notice while taking delivery. There are no spare bulbs.
I thought some one has stolen or forgotten by vw chaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjax View Post
They must've discontinued it because I didn't get any either.. Took delivery of the new Polo last week..
Seems like they stopped giving, thanks for the confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Spare bulb cannot be optional, specially for people doing highway runs.

Atleast they have provided one each bulb for both lights.
Old 9th August 2014, 00:26   #3354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Polo now has dual bulbs, one for high and low beam, so the spare is already in the headlight. In my Altis, they have given spare but only for high beam. So if the low beam blows I am still left without a low beam bulb but still have lights.

Pretty sure nobody will give you 4 bulbs spare but actually they could have done something clever and given one low beam and one high beam bulb. Might have made sense.
Ok. Looks like a standard practise then. Didn't expect that since headlamps spares are a basic feature and won't cost these manufacturers anything! I remember even our Maruti 800 came with a pair.

However, don't be so sure no one does. I know for a fact that FIAT Linea used to come with a set of 4 lamps - one pair each for the high and low beams.

Old 9th August 2014, 14:17   #3355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Yes, you should definitely take the car to the workshop ASAP. They will scan it with VAS machine to know the error code and would also lift up the car to visually see if there's been any damage.
thanks . today morning when i started the car to go to the service centre, the warning lights have all disappeared.anyway went there for the absolute surety and peace of mind and the service guy in place was telling me that perhaps the warnings came because of the heavy 'shock' of landing after 'taking off' at the speed breaker/hump. shock must have activated the sensors.

further, he was explaining that if there is some real deal with engine the warning light will be red instead of orange/yellow.
Old 14th August 2014, 23:27   #3356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
in this case, the Ecosport ticks all your boxes. keep the booking, it should be worth its weight in gold otherwise, you could also look at duster and terrano, both are available in petrol. but the interiors' quality may not be at par with the Ecosport. Also, a duster facelift is also around the corner. sorry if am confusing you further
Yup... that confused me even more

I test drove the new Polo 1.2 Petrol and though the changes aren't much, the car for some reason felt more refreshed and refined (maybe it was primarily because my TD car was barely 2 weeks old). The interiors are very premium and robust and the car overall feels very elegant. Driving it was a pure pleasure. I also test-drove the 1.2 Punto and Swift last weekend and definitely loved Polo the most among all three. I absolutely loathe the design of new elite i20, so I wouldn't even waste my time test driving it.

Polo is definitely a remarkable car but I currently own a Wagon-R and I think selling-off my waggie to buy a 1.2L Polo hatch-back isn't really a major upgrade. On the other hand, I feel that TSI is a tad overpriced. As you suggested, Ecosport ticks most of the boxes for me. Therefore, given my requirements, I think I should stick with my booking of Ford EcoSport.

Last edited by dsunn : 14th August 2014 at 23:34.
Old 15th August 2014, 00:26   #3357

I have a question for the 2014 facelift polo owners.. It's been almost two weeks since I got my car but I'm still waiting for my mudflaps (though I've already been charged for it as a part of the essential pack). Despite constant follow up I still haven't got them. Today my SA (from Volkswagen palace cross, Bangalore) tells me none of the new polo's have got them yet.. Was wondering if anyone has got them yet for the new polo..?
Old 15th August 2014, 01:28   #3358
BHPian

Quote:
I have a question for the 2014 facelift polo owners.. It's been almost two weeks since I got my car but I'm still waiting for my mudflaps (though I've already been charged for it as a part of the essential pack). Despite constant follow up I still haven't got them. Today my SA (from Volkswagen palace cross, Bangalore) tells me none of the new polo's have got them yet.. Was wondering if anyone has got them yet for the new polo..?

I also got the mudflaps for my new polo after a couple of days of the delivery day, but 2 weeks is too much ! Perhaps the dealer is waiting for some more orders so that he can club them as one consignment, just a wild guess !

Last edited by vishalchaudhary : 15th August 2014 at 01:29.
Old 15th August 2014, 09:30   #3359

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalchaudhary View Post
I also got the mudflaps for my new polo after a couple of days of the delivery day, but 2 weeks is too much ! Perhaps the dealer is waiting for some more orders so that he can club them as one consignment, just a wild guess !
Hmm.. Yeah I was unconvinced with the 'no one has got them' argument.. Did you get your car in Bangalore?
Old 15th August 2014, 12:31   #3360
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tjax, I got mine last week (Elite Motors, Bangalore) and I was also told that there were no mud flaps / floor mats. I was told 2 weeks (1 week back!).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks