Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 10:20   #3556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Spotted a Polo TDI with a konekt badge at the rear, The car also had a sticker at the rear showing, "Car number one". Also another sticker which displayed the power output and engine details. Maybe a variant about to be launched? Attaching a picture as well.
Attachment 1394964
Nice catch. Probably the Jazz effect. Would be a good addition. Did you get a chance to see what the power output and engine details mentioned were?
Old 24th July 2015, 10:46   #3557
BHPian

Since the Polo face-lift was launched around the same time last year, I guess it would make sense to see if there are any other changes (however miniscule) to this year? I see there would be a konekt offering among the regular TDis and 1.2 MPis.

Looking out for a GT TSi - I'm prepared to wait it out for another month till September if there are changes and would also consider if that affects the prices of the current batch. Surprisingly for a change the dealer in Bangalore says they actually have the car in stock.
Old 24th July 2015, 11:23   #3558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Great catch Tanveer. The konekt version of Vento was launched a year back. It had a Blaupunkt infotainment system with a plethora of connectivity functionalities like GPS navigation, Bluetooth-enabled telephony in a smart little seven-inch TFT touch screen display on the centre console. The variant should be available very soon, probably a value-addition considering the Jazz VX getting launches with Nav system and i20 touted to get one too. Cheers!
Hello, Yes i had seen the konekt version of vento, Liked the blaupunkt headunit, The car i saw was just near the Volkswagen plant at chakan, It was mostly heading back to the plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Nice catch. Probably the Jazz effect. Would be a good addition. Did you get a chance to see what the power output and engine details mentioned were?
Hello, The only thing i could read was, "Engine details, and 77 KW", Everything was in a very small font, And the polo driver was driving the car very rashly too. And yes, It Has to be the Jazz effect
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 12:06   #3559
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hello, The only thing i could read was, "Engine details, and 77 KW", Everything was in a very small font, And the polo driver was driving the car very rashly too. And yes, It Has to be the Jazz effect
77KW is the TSI/ TDI versions of the Polo. Safe to assume that we will not be getting a re-tuned engine, but most probably this Konekt version will be restricted to the turbo-engine variants and not the Highline, as was the case with Vento.
Old 24th July 2015, 12:18   #3560
BHPian

*this is a thoroughly unscientific comparison I'm about to make so please bear with me*

My sister purchased the Polo GT TSI when it first came out. She lives in Mumbai and I drove the car whenever i visited. I was reasonably impressed with the car and loved pushing it a bit on the sea link.

Last week I decided to replace my wife's i20 with an automatic hatch of a similar size. My options were limited to the Polo GT and the Jazz. Test drove both one after the other.

The 2015 Polo GT feels completely different than the one my sister bought on launch. Fit, finish .. everything about it seemed somehow cheaper and just not well put together. It is entirely possible that it was just this unit that was in poor shape of course. The engine was as responsive I suppose.

Am I imagining things ? Could the quality of the Polo GT have deteriorated over time ? Long story short, I walked away confused and unhappy.
Old 24th July 2015, 13:11   #3561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post

Am I imagining things ? Could the quality of the Polo GT have deteriorated over time ?
Quite an interesting thought reihem and it could well be the truth VW is hiding !!

I cannot actually comment on the interior/exterior quality differences but I can recollect one important thing that we all discussed during a GT meet here in Bangalore. The old GT's (1.2/1.6) came with Estrada Alloys which were machined out and apparently a lot more premium. The Facelifted GTs come with 'Painted Estrada Alloys', which is apparently carried out at the Manesar plant.

Does that ring any bells ??

Last edited by Vik0728 : 24th July 2015 at 13:15.
Old 24th July 2015, 21:41   #3562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
77KW is the TSI/ TDI versions of the Polo. Safe to assume that we will not be getting a re-tuned engine, but most probably this Konekt version will be restricted to the turbo-engine variants and not the Highline, as was the case with Vento.
Yes probably, But the konekt on vento did attract quite a few customers. And yes i clearly saw 77KW, So no re-tuned engine coming up. Also did the konekt came with rear entertainment system on the vento? I don't really remember.
Old 25th July 2015, 05:26   #3563
BHPian

Booked Polo Highline Tdi 1.5 Flash Red. IMHO Polo looks great in that color.
A week ago I called VW Ludhiana and enquired about polo. The reply was prompt and was told that an exchange discount of Rs. 10000 along with finance @ 3.99% was on offer and then the negotiations began. On Friday 24th July, 2015 I paid a visit to VW Ludhiana Showroom on NH-1 for enquiry and struck the deal. Ended up booking the gorgeous polo.

The dealership staff was courteous and fair in the dealing. Everything was explained properly and there was no rush from their side. The cars had just arrived at the stockyard ( The cars were being unloaded when I parked my car in the parking area). They said they have a flash red color available and would be able to deliver it by Monday if all the formalities are completed promptly to which I agreed as some the documents they asked for were readily available and I told them to mail rest of them. Then I asked them if I could see the car myself to which they obliged and the car was brought to the front area of the showroom.
I did the inspection and oh boy its a beauty. As I am currently owner of a maruti swift zdi the quality of interiors on polo is of a different league. The solid build quality is praiseworthy . One of the things that caught my attention was that the parking brake lever was not leather wrapped the brochure states that it is leather wrapped. I even pointed it out to my sales consultant about that and she promptly replied that it has been discontinued and even on the vento highline it's not available.
Thus after much negotiations decided to go ahead with the following deal:
DEAL-
Car Model- POLO Highline TDI 1.5 Diesel.
Color- Flash Red
Ex-Showroom Price- 794919
Logistics-6900
Insurance with zero depreciation cover- Free as a part of the deal
Registration Charges (RTO)- 57137
Finance Charges - Rs. 5417
Discounts/Offer- Rs. 5 Lac Loan @ 3.99 % from VWFS, Insurance Cover with Zero Depreciation worth 24000,Exchange Offer of Rs. 10000 (included in insurance offer), Corporate Discount of Rs. 3000, Additional discount Rs. 1500.
Along with this I am getting a basic accessories kit that includes Body Cover, Mats, Mud Flaps, Door Step Sill guards and a Perfume.
OTR- 860000
Enquired about the price of extended warranty with RSA for 2 years and was replied with amount of around 15000 bucks and could be availed with 1st year of ownership so decided to opt for it later.
I was also shown the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 system but they were charging an exorbitant 45000! Thus replied in a negative.

Planning to upgrade the tyres to Bridgestone Turanza ER300 185/60/R15 or Michelin XM2 185/60/R15 asap I get the delivery.
Or Should I go for 205/55/R15 as upgrade?

In the end IMO its a good deal.
Eagerly waiting for 27th July to get the delivery and put my hands on my new polo.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th July 2015 at 08:49. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please go through the rules before posting!
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 10:22   #3564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post

Booked Polo Highline Tdi 1.5 Flash Red. IMHO Polo looks great in that color.

Planning to upgrade the tyres to Bridgestone Turanza ER300 185/60/R15 or Michelin XM2 185/60/R15 asap I get the delivery.
Or Should I go for 205/55/R15 as upgrade?

Congrats sunilsoft and I guess you may have already got your Polo TDI delivered by the time I am draft this post.

As the face lift TDI now comes with the same 1.5L engine as the present GT TDI, I personally would recommend you to go in for 205/55 R15 which is a perfect balance between Ride and Performance.

Please post your buying experience and wish you a happy motoring.

Last edited by n_aditya : 29th July 2015 at 14:17. Reason: expanded F/L to facelift. please avoid using acronyms
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 16:24   #3565

As mentioned in the tread above the current Polo 1.2 Petrol version has a few changes in the engine and interiors that have come up over the years. However I do not find any comprehensive review on the car that is being sold now. The new review listed is for the GT version. Can we have a review done for cars like Polo 1.2 that are selling for some time now so that the general consumer can get the updated facts ?
Old 1st August 2015, 22:28   #3566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats sunilsoft and I guess you may have already got your Polo TDI delivered by the time I am draft this post.

As the face lift TDI now comes with the same 1.5L engine as the present GT TDI, I personally would recommend you to go in for 205/55 R15 which is a perfect balance between Ride and Performance.

Please post your buying experience and wish you a happy motoring.
Thanks Vik0728 for your kind wishes. The polo was delivered on July 27th,2015. There were lot of delivery of cars scheduled for that day. As some urgent matter came up at office so was able to reach the dealership around 3 pm but was only able to get car by 8:30. There were few hiccups that I will mention in the coming posts.
My hometown jalalabad is around 225 kms from ludhiana and I drove it to my home and reached there around 1:00 am 28th july. Next day I had to reach work at 9 so boarded the bus at 3:00 am. With a very heavy heart I left the car at my home.
After that rain gods are pouring here and not getting time from work to experience and shoot my red hot polo darling. I would definitely post the images with the buying experience asap.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 1st August 2015 at 22:36.
Old 8th August 2015, 10:09   #3567
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from the new price/discounts thread.

Need to know if and what are the latest discounts or offers on the Polo 1.2 manual in Bangalore. I am looking at the Comfort line.
Better to be informed before heading to the showroom.
Old 10th August 2015, 07:18   #3568

Got an SMS from Volkswagen North Mumbai that the prices of Polo will go up from August 10th. You may check out at local dealer.
Old 17th August 2015, 09:35   #3569
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Abhinandan for sharing the following information!

Quote:
I just got back from a visit to a neighbourhood VW showroom in Bangalore and the sales person told me something that was music to my ears - Polo refresh is being released later this month - auto folding orvms with turn indicators and (wait for it...........) Cruise control!

All features copied over from the new Vento onto the old warhorse - Polo.

I certainly am delighted at the news and wanted to share it with fellow bhp'ians.

He also revealed the price is going to be a little higher compared to existing models. ~5k for Trendline and comfortline , and ~15k for the Highline.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 11:44   #3570
BHPian

The news is correct! Just got confirmation from the sales guy at VW east delhi.

New features include auto folding ovrm, cruise control and cooled glove box. Price likely to be in the range of 7.4 for petrol HL

Damn! why!! That too on the day am supposed to pick up my CSG petrol HL. :eek

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th August 2015 at 12:34. Reason: fixed smiley
lordvader is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks