Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2015, 14:57   #3601
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: NCR: VW East Delhi - Atrica Automobile

Hi Lordvader,

Sit back & enjoy the car! Don't let such small irritants take away from the pleasure of car ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
My suspicions were well founded when I came to know from an online forum that a new version of Polo is set to be released by the month-end.
Manufacturers themselves try to hide that there is a new version coming, so that people don't stop buying the old car.

It's all up to the customer. In this case, you should have done the research yourself.

Quote:
Everything seemed to add up, the 90 on odometer, missing plastic seat covers, sign of wear and tear on key and flexible payment terms. The other day while connecting my phone with Bluetooth, I happened to come across names of two other phones that were previously connected and stored in the ICE system. Although, besides that, there is no other issue that I can point out in the car.
Since you say there is nothing otherwise wrong with the car, I'm going to give the dealer the benefit of doubt.

I've had a brand new car delivered to me for a Team-BHP Official Review. Guess what? The driver dropping it had sync'ed his phone to it. Don't sweat over this.

Quote:
I read somewhere that other dealers are upfront offering discount on older version of polo. And which is why the whole experience now seems more like an act on the part of VW East Delhi to coerce me into buying the older version of the car.
But their price was still the lowest, no?

Like I said, relax, take a chill pill and go out for a long drive this weekend. ENJOY your new car.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 17:30   #3602
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Hi GTO,

Oh yes, I absolutely intend to. I'm inclined to believe that I’m a fairly reasonable & sane person (except when it comes to a new car ) and can live with such minor niggle. Given a first, it has been a good learning experience for me.

Although, just from a customer perspective, I would definitely want dealers to avoid using brand new cars as test vehicles, no matter how short the drive be. I’m sure most of us, as a buyer, wouldn't like to be surprised later on.

I’ll close this topic by just saying that the intent was to send across a strong message to the dealer. And given the follow-up from the dealer and Mumbai office, seems that it was heard loud and clear.
Old 10th September 2015, 12:33   #3603
BHPian

Mods first of sorry, if I am posting this in a wrong place.

I am trying to find whether a regular Polo can be converted to a Cross Polo. May not in complete/true sense though. I am curious to know whether a polo can be fitted with the cladding around the doors like the cross polo's and change the suspension for bad roads?

Has anybody tried or found something anywhere?
Old 30th September 2015, 16:56   #3604
BHPian

Recently encountered the EPC light going yellow while driving within city (luckily). The car stopped responding to accelerator, no use down shifting to first gear, the car was simply crawling as it would in first gear without throttle input. I have previously faced this problem in dad's Vento TSI hence knew that restarting the system could solve the problem, had to reboot the car thrice before it behaved normally though. After a while I understand that the AC compressor has stopped working, disappointed I continue my journey with windows rolled down.
The car worked fine in the evening and it still is. Thinking if this is a serious issue or could have occurred if the car has been out of use for around 10-15 days. Anyone with a knowledge of this issue?
Old 3rd October 2015, 20:48   #3605
BHPian

I just took a test drive of the diesel polo today. The car that the salesperson brought, the PDI had not been done by even the showroom guys as told to me by the salesperson. The speedometer needle was not working, and also the handbrake, ABS, check engine lights were constantly lit up throughout the drive.
What was weird was that the car had absolutely no power. It just would not move as you would expect it to. The car had a little boost of power around 1700 RPM till 2000 RPM. After that the the RPM was rising needlessly and there was no power delivery at all. The steering was also so light. Lighter than my Honda City. I believe there was some problem definitely.

I asked the salesperson to get the car checked and he will get a car again for another test drive.
Apart from that there is flat discount of 50,000 on the pre facelift version. And even more can be negotiated, as I got to know from my conversation with him.
I also talked to him about removing the logistics charges, and his words were that they have to meet their rising costs.
So I enquired further whether if their costs rose, they would then increase the logistics charges, and he frankly said that they would have to.
Still he agreed to talk about it and his tone suggested that even that could be achieved. Also did talk about insurance and he did not mind if I got insurance myself.

Were the car traits I observed consistent with the people who have driven the car? Because it is the first time I have driven the Polo so cannot say, but it was highly weird drive.
On top of that he asked me which car I drove presently, and upon knowing its a Honda City 1.5, he said that maybe I'm comparing it to that car.
Owners can confirm the car's behaviour?

Last edited by akhil994 : 3rd October 2015 at 21:09.
Old 4th October 2015, 10:13   #3606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3sh View Post
Recently encountered the EPC light going yellow while driving within city (luckily). The car stopped responding to accelerator, no use down shifting to first gear, the car was simply crawling as it would in first gear without throttle input. I have previously faced this problem in dad's Vento TSI hence knew that restarting the system could solve the problem....
I think irrespective of the fact that the issue has not reoccurred, considering the possible consequences if the issue shows again, you should take the car to Service and get it checked.
Old 4th October 2015, 10:34   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I just took a test drive of the diesel polo today...?
The dealership obviously might be desperate to clear old stock if they have any, before the facelift comes in. So they might offer loads of discount. However the issues suggested are not at all common and could be even an ECY related problem. Also, if the facelift is about to come what's the point in test driving old version.?
Old 4th October 2015, 10:51   #3608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
The dealership obviously might be desperate to clear old stock if they have any, before the facelift comes in. So they might offer loads of discount. However the issues suggested are not at all common and could be even an ECY related problem. Also, if the facelift is about to come what's the point in test driving old version.?
They did not have the facelift for test drive. Actually went to their showroom 3 weeks ago, at which point they did not have any car for test drive. This test drive was for that showroom visit as they suddenly remembered yesterday that I had visited them, and hence they called up yesterday. Anyhow I find , that since majorly my running is only within the city, I can do without the cruise control. Cooled glovebox and indicators on ORVM's again are something not so essential. The total difference in the cost of the pre facelift and the post facelift would come out to be around 80k after discounts. So if I get a good deal, I think I should go for it.
But my mother who was with me during the test drive, later commented that it was so congested at the back, she thought she was in a maruti 800

Last edited by akhil994 : 4th October 2015 at 10:54.
Old 5th October 2015, 19:26   #3609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
They did not have the facelift for test drive. Actually went to their showroom 3 weeks ago, at which point they did not have any car for test drive. This test drive was for that showroom visit as they suddenly remembered yesterday that I had visited them, and hence they called up yesterday. Anyhow I find , that since majorly my running is only within the city, I can do without the cruise control. Cooled glovebox....
Since you have got the priorities figured out the old version does make sense. However please note that cruise control is not a feature you can include later on and even though I personally drive myself mostly in cities and congested and potholed narrow national highways in Kerala, recently during long drives (within Kerala on highways early morning when traffic was minimal) I felt cruise control would be a good to have feature. Also, it is true that backseat of polo is not a very welcome space for elderly. The thing is, you have to get down and lower yourself to get into the seat and you sit pretty low. Which is not something elderly wish to do regularly. That said, compared to swift I found rear seat of polo more comfortable and accessible from an elderly passenger perspective. Grandi10, Jazz etc have more elderly friendly rear seat I believe.

Polo has always been a drivers car. Surely not the best car for backseat commuter.

Coming back to your particular test drive issue, you should test drive a vehicle without power delivery issues and then take the decision.

Last edited by Sid13 : 5th October 2015 at 19:30.
Old 5th October 2015, 21:32   #3610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
... ... ...Also, it is true that backseat of polo is not a very welcome space for elderly. The thing is, you have to get down and lower yourself to get into the seat and you sit pretty low. Which is not something elderly wish to do regularly. That said, compared to swift I found rear seat of polo more comfortable and accessible from an elderly passenger perspective. Grandi10, Jazz etc have more elderly friendly rear seat I believe.

Polo has always been a drivers car. Surely not the best car for backseat commuter.
I regularly give a life to an >80-yr-old gentleman, coming home from concerts (I have taught him to use seat belts too ). When my wife is there, he will sit in the back. Getting in or out doesn't seem to give him a problem, but I suspect that he is fit for his age.

Come to think of it, I've never travelled in the back of my own car!

I do sometimes find the front seat a little difficult, especially when I am parked close to a kerb, and stepping onto the pavement, not down to the road. I have to pull myself up. Don't know if I'll want to be doing that in twenty years' time!
Old 7th October 2015, 13:51   #3611
BHPian

Why vw is not planning to introduce touch infoteinment/navigation in system in the updated polo? A polo with a driver arm rest and a touch infoteinment will be beat its competitions hand down.
Old 7th October 2015, 14:56   #3612

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Why vw is not planning to introduce touch infoteinment/navigation in system in the updated polo? A polo with a driver arm rest and a touch infoteinment will be beat its competitions hand down.
I agree with you. Although it already has Cruise control which is a segment first, it would've been an icing on the cake if it had a driver armrest, which I really miss in my new Polo. It seems I can't install a custom armrest in my vehicle, cause it would make my warranty void. :(
Old 8th October 2015, 14:11   #3613
BHPian

- Anyone know where i can buy Polo Alloy Wheel Centre Caps? Some miscreants seem to swiped 2 off my car!
Old 8th October 2015, 14:35   #3614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
- Anyone know where i can buy Polo Alloy Wheel Centre Caps? Some miscreants seem to swiped 2 off my car!
You can buy it from VW. If not in stock they can order it for you.
Old 9th October 2015, 07:40   #3615
BANNED

VW India Recalls 389 Units of the Polo for Issues With the Handbrake

Quote:
Yesterday, the news of Volkswagen putting a "temporary hold" on the deliveries of the Polo hatchback in India broke out. While the company hadn't provided any details, it clarified the hold was due to a technical reason and "that the temporary hold on deliveries is not related to the ongoing EA 189 diesel engine topi".

While folks continued to doubt if this genuinely had nothing to do with the diesel scandal that broke out last month, Volkswagen today provided more details about the voluntary safety measure. It said, "Volkswagen Passenger Cars in India is calling 389 Polo cars from a single batch of production from the month of September 2015 for inspection and preventive repair of the handbrake mechanism. The Quality Assurance department of Volkswagen India has determined that under certain conditions, the handbrake mechanism would lose effectiveness."

Volkswagen further explained that the analysis performed by the company has shown that a batch of handbrake cable retention levers in the rear brake liner might break under certain conditions.
Source: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/id-1229896
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks