Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 12:55   #3616
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Exactly after 4 months, the engine check light has returned on my Polo yesterday. I restarted the car about 3 to 4 times but it still remains on. This is the 3rd time this has occurred and its very frustrating. I called up the Service Manager whose answer to every question I asked was that the car needs to be checked.
How many others have this repeated problem on their Polos/Ventos? And why does it occur frequently?
Old 21st October 2015, 13:15   #3617
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
How many others have this repeated problem on their Polos/Ventos? And why does it occur frequently?
Whatever be the reason but you do ensure that car is hooked up to VAG scanner and all the error codes are noted down after which solve them so that it doesn't reoccur.

ASC's generally have a habit of clearing the DTC and handing the car back saying all is well. We go home happy for that moment. After a while that CEL appears again.

Get them rectified and only then take the delivery of your car from the ASC. Do keep us posted.
Old 21st October 2015, 14:32   #3618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Get them rectified and only then take the delivery of your car from the ASC. Do keep us posted.
Thanks. This time, i will be there while they do the diagnosis.
Old 21st October 2015, 14:50   #3619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post

Hey aneezan I have had this on my GT last week and has been discussed here.

I am not sure why your car is having the issue, but mine is more or less related to EGR, which apparently tends to go kaput.

My SE informed that the car has been tested extensively and EGR is the culprit here. In all likelihood, EGR on my GT will be replaced under warranty.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 15:02   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey aneezan I have had this on my GT last week and has been discussed here.

I am not sure why your car is having the issue, but mine is more or less related to EGR, which apparently tends to go kaput.

My SE informed that the car has been tested extensively and EGR is the culprit here. In all likelihood, EGR on my GT will be replaced under warranty.
Thanks Vik. I will ask the SE to have this checked thoroughly and if its the same issue, will have it replaced. Car is still under warranty. But what is worrying is that its too frequently happening for comfort.
Old 24th October 2015, 10:08   #3621
BHPian

Hey guys.. I was interested in the all black roof and ORVM's that now come with the Polo exquisite edition. I called my SA and he tells me the mods are actually an additional body package worth 25k.

It includes painting (stickering?) the roof black, sticking some carbon fiber'ish material on the ORVM's, black leather seats, a small light in the boot plus addition of chromes at the back.

The question - is it worth it? I could probably negotiate a bit and get the price reduced by 2-3k.
Old 29th October 2015, 08:09   #3622
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I am in the market for a petrol hatch or a compact sedan. I am really in love with polo.Everything feels so right in the car for me. But my doubts are on the 1.2 petrol. Can anyone share their experiences in the engine like mileage , performance etc. VW palace cross have some good offers at the moment and the car seems terribly tempting especially after the recent update.
Old 29th October 2015, 09:33   #3623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a petrol hatch or a compact sedan. I am really in love with polo.Everything feels so right in the car for me. But my doubts are on the 1.2 petrol. Can anyone share their experiences in the engine like mileage , performance etc. VW palace cross have some good offers at the moment and the car seems terribly tempting especially after the recent update.

Mileage is decent, but the 1.2 is definitely not a performer. Its good at best for sedate driving. Being a 3 cylinder, it is also slightly noisier compared to the competition. Otherwise, the polo is an excellent car, just let down by the 3 pot. Test drive the new Baleno, i20 and figo before taking a call.
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 10:21   #3624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Test drive the new Baleno, i20 and figo before taking a call.
Thank you for the info. Didnt like the behaviour of the i20 very much, felt sort of uneasy at the wheel. The figo too has a very ordinary petrol on offer. Waiting for the test drives of Baleno to start. Checked it out yesterday and the car definitely felt good and much better put together than the swift.
Old 29th October 2015, 11:36   #3625
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the info. Didnt like the behaviour of the i20 very much, felt sort of uneasy at the wheel. The figo too has a very ordinary petrol on offer. Waiting for the test drives of Baleno to start. Checked it out yesterday and the car definitely felt good and much better put together than the swift.

I was in the same boat a few months back. Didnt like the i20 at the wheel.
The jazz has a nice ivtec, but is expensive. In april, my only options were the polo and i20.
Enjoyed neither, bought a preowned car instead.
We also got a jazz in the family. Overpriced, but i love the ivtec.
Old 30th October 2015, 21:01   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
I was in the same boat a few months back. Didnt like the i20 at the wheel.
The jazz has a nice ivtec, but is expensive. In april, my only options were the polo and i20.
Enjoyed neither, bought a preowned car instead.
We also got a jazz in the family. Overpriced, but i love the ivtec.

Guess I am in the same boat as you once were. Test drove about 8 cars yesterday and have come down to Aspire 1.2 and Polo 1.2. These two were the only ones which tugged my heart strings. Will see what offers I get for polo the coming month and I'll take a final call. Thanks for your help 🙋
Old 31st October 2015, 00:09   #3627
BHPian

Quote:
Guess I am in the same boat as you once were. Test drove about 8 cars yesterday and have come down to Aspire 1.2 and Polo 1.2. These two were the only ones which tugged my heart strings. Will see what offers I get for polo the coming month and I'll take a final call. Thanks for your help 🙋

If the budget can be stretched a wee bit, id suggest trying the figo 1.5 dct also. If you do drive in the city, your left leg will bless you for opting for an automatic too!
If it comes down to 1.2, and back seat is not a huge concern, id pick the polo.
(P.S im biased to VW though, my preowned pick was a 2014 vento petrol &#128514
Old 4th November 2015, 19:59   #3628
BHPian

Hi, can anyone help me with information on the grade of engine oil to be used in the Polo 1.6 petrol. Thanks.
Old 6th November 2015, 18:22   #3629

Quote:
Guess I am in the same boat as you once were. Test drove about 8 cars yesterday and have come down to Aspire 1.2 and Polo 1.2.
So which car did you finally decide? Polo and Aspire, both have ongoing offers this month.
Old 8th November 2015, 12:46   #3630

I had bought a new Polo two months ago, and have been driving it regularly. I many-a-time feel the gear shifting is very scratchy. None of the gears engage smoothly.
Can it be an issue with the gear box or am I going wrong somewhere in my gear shifting?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks