Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 12:29   #3631
BANNED

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek0418 View Post
I had bought a new Polo two months ago, and have been driving it regularly. I many-a-time feel the gear shifting is very scratchy. None of the gears engage smoothly.
Can it be an issue with the gear box or am I going wrong somewhere in my gear shifting?
hey dont worry....its takes some getting used to and before you realize it will be gone....right now the car is still new and settling in.Also,the shifts become smoother once the temperatures get higher(maybe say after 5km of drive).

I still face the issue especially while shifting from 1st to 2nd...but as i said its probably about getting used to it and its much better now than a month ago.

But if you feel the issue is terribly wrong then its best to get your doubt cleared by visiting the Service Station.

happy motoring..
Old 9th November 2015, 17:21   #3632
BHPian

Hey I bought my polo 3 months ago . There is rattling sound from both front doors whenever we go over some bump or pot hole. Is this normal?
Old 10th November 2015, 00:10   #3633

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_jet View Post
hey dont worry....its takes some getting used to and before you realize it will be gone....right now the car is still new and settling in.Also,the shifts become smoother once the temperatures get higher(maybe say after 5km of drive).

I still face the issue especially while shifting from 1st to 2nd...but as i said its probably about getting used to it and its much better now than a month ago.

But if you feel the issue is terribly wrong then its best to get your doubt cleared by visiting the Service Station.

happy motoring..
Hey thanks for your reply. Maybe I need to observe for a few days before taking action.
Old 10th November 2015, 01:50   #3634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Hey I bought my polo 3 months ago . There is rattling sound from both front doors whenever we go over some bump or pot hole. Is this normal?
Door rattles in the Polo are more or less unheard of. I've been driving a Polo for last 3 and half years and the car has been absolutely rattle free from Day 1. I would suggest to take the car to the workshop at Volkswagen Chandigarh in Industrial area phase 1. They do have some really good service executives and mechanics over there. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out with a solution for it.
GameOfCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 07:39   #3635
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have you removed the door cards for replacing the speakers? I believe you were planning to upgrade the HU and the speakers some time back.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 08:41   #3636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Have you removed the door cards for replacing the speakers? I believe you were planning to upgrade the HU and the speakers some time back.
Yes I have removed the door cards but the rattling sound was there from first time I drove the car. The rattling sound resembles the sound of glass or a loose part inside the door panel.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 10th November 2015 at 08:42.
Old 10th November 2015, 08:44   #3637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes I have removed the door cards
Figured.

Please go to the service center and ensure that the door card clips are installed properly.

Name:  door panel clip.png
Views: 2654
Size:  84.1 KB

The clips have to be pushed back before fixing the door cards - if they are not done properly, the cards will rattle/vibrate. The cards can still be screwed to the panel using the 3 screws but this will not prevent the rattling.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 08:48   #3638
BHPian

Quote:
Figured.

Please go to the service center and ensure that the door card clips are installed properly.

The clips have to be pushed back before fixing the door cards - if they are not done properly, the cards will rattle/vibrate. The cards can still be screwed to the panel using the 3 screws but this will not prevent the rattling.
Thanks gannu bhai for the suggestion. I would definitely visit service centre for the issue and provide them your input. But I have noticed the power window switch to be a little loose from inside. Is there a possibility that switch could be a possible culprit?

Secondly please tell me if I have a 087 series BCM then I only require stalks to be replaced in order to get cruise control functionality.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 10th November 2015 at 08:49.
Old 10th November 2015, 08:51   #3639
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks gannu bhai for the suggestion. I would definitely visit service centre for the issue and provide them your input. But I have noticed the power window switch to be a little loose from inside. Is there a possibility that switch could be a possible culprit?
It could be but a loose switch won't make a rattling noise so obvious to you while driving.

Quote:
Secondly please tell me if I have a 087 series BCM then I only require stalks to be replaced in order to get cruise control functionality.
The stalks and the required wires/harness.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 08:55   #3640
BHPian

Quote:
It could be but a loose switch won't make a rattling noise so obvious to you while driving.
One more thing is there the sound comes from both front doors.
Old 10th November 2015, 21:53   #3641
BHPian

Hello everyone ,
Booked a Polo TDI Highline exquisite edition today. VW as part of Volksfest are offering 55 k cash discount and 10 k exchange bonus. Should I look into any particular thing before taking delivery ? Any accessories I should take care of beforehand? Your comments would be very much appreciated.
Old 10th November 2015, 23:06   #3642
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing is there the sound comes from both front doors.
Hi Sunil,
My car also had a similar rattling sound from the doors while going over bad roads. I tried the DIY fix mentioned in this link & the rattle has almost completely vanished. It's a simple DIY & won't cost you much time or money. Do try it out.
BigBrad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 23:19   #3643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Hello everyone ,
Booked a Polo TDI Highline exquisite edition today. VW as part of Volksfest are offering 55 k cash discount and 10 k exchange bonus. Should I look into any particular thing before taking delivery ? Any accessories I should take care of beforehand? Your comments would be very much appreciated.
Congrats for booking new polo tdi. Wish you a pleasant and happy ownership.
Yes there are quite a no. of things to look at before accepting delivery.
  1. Take a print out of Team Bhp PDI List http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html.- This will help you a lot while inspecting the car before delivery. Please make sure you follow the PDI checklist.
  2. Go on a good sunny day for Pre Delivery Inspection and tell them not to do any 3M Coating etc. Do mention to wash the car before you check. Look out for any damage/ scratches to the body by minutely looking at the car multiple times.
  3. Check the VIN using the VIN Decoder https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...anufacture-vinavailable on the forum so as to make sure that you get a recently manufactured vehicle. Don't opt for a vehicle i.e. more than a month~45 days old manufactured.
  4. Close the doors multiple times firmly. to check any rattles or manufacturing defect. Also tell them to put the car on a lift so that you can check underbody of the car.
  5. Check the odo meter of the car. The reading should be below 30 Kms. Ask the dealership for the reasons if the car has an odo reading beyond 30 kms.
  6. As a part of the exquisite edition you'll be getting the black roof, scuff plates, seat covers, floor mats etc. from the dealership.
  7. As far as accessories for polo is concerned. You can really burn a big hole in the pocket if you want to . You can go for things like armrest, boot light, glovebox light, navigation units, Automatic headlights, rear view camera, led headlights.
Just In 4 months time I have spent close to 2 lac for mods and ice upgrade. This car is a money pit but still its my darling.
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 01:04   #3644
BHPian

Does anybody know the perfect size bottle that could fit the door bottle holders of new polo?
Old 12th November 2015, 08:24   #3645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Hi Sunil,
My car also had a similar rattling sound from the doors while going over bad roads. I tried the DIY fix mentioned in this link & the rattle has almost completely vanished. It's a simple DIY & won't cost you much time or money. Do try it out.
This is what helped me with door rattles on my Polo as well. The rattles were present from day 1 for me too
The Pain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks