Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2015, 19:49   #3646
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Hi Sunil,
My car also had a similar rattling sound from the doors while going over bad roads. I tried the DIY fix mentioned in this link & the rattle has almost completely vanished. It's a simple DIY & won't cost you much time or money. Do try it out.
Thank You so much from the bottom of my heart. Yesterday I bought the pipe from ro filter shop they use this for fitting water filters. Then I inserted into the space as mentioned in the link. And it worked. Now 95% of the noise is gone. I would say if I had gone to vw workshop they would have ripped the doors apart to know the source of noise. Now I am a calm person as I was literally having nightmares about this noise issue being there from the start and it would aggravate with the time. Now the car feels solid as a german car should. All I would say this mod has made me really happy.

Thanks again for the superb mod.!!!!

Last edited by sunilsoft : 15th November 2015 at 19:52.
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 14:52   #3647
Senior - BHPian

Do the wing mirrors fold the opposite way in the new Polos? I think they no longer do that. Or am I not applying enough force?

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 12th December 2015 at 14:55.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 15:51   #3648
BHPian

Hi all,
I am in the market for a new car and have a preference for the premium hatchbacks in the market currently.
I have already took the test drive of i20, Baleno, Polo, and Swift and my mind is already in favour of the Polo Petrol Comfortline.
Just to give an introduction, I love driving and the same thing put me off in the petrol i20, one has to literally stand on the accelerator in the second gear to keep it moving. Apart from this, Baleno is a good contender but it lacks the planted feel of more heavy cars like the Polo.
Only one thing which is keeping me in going all out for the Polo is the performance from the 77bhp engine. Since all of you guys are/were the owners of Polo, please guide me through this.
My budget is upto 7 lakhs and my daily running will not be more than 15 kms in a day, so I am not considering the diesel versions of the same cars.
Thanks in advance.

Mods: If found not suitable, the please move this thread to the most adequate one.
Old 14th December 2015, 20:27   #3649
BHPian

Polo Petrol is a great car if you intend to buy this car primarily for city use. The low end torque of this engine will ensure that you won't have to change gears continuously in city driving.

On the other hand, this engine is the noisiest of the lot as it is a 3 cylinder engine, it gets very noisy at high speeds, the excellent build quality helps in suppressing this noise to some extent.

From my limited experience with the i20, the performance of i20 is as good or as bad as the Polo, but that engine is very refined.

IMO go for Polo if you will not be using the rear seats regularly as the rear legroom is pathetic in Polo whereas i20 has decent rear legroom and is a better family car as compared to Polo.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 10:04   #3650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Polo Petrol is a great car if you intend to buy this car primarily for city use. The low end torque of this engine will ensure that you won't have to change gears continuously in city driving.

On the other hand, this engine is the noisiest of the lot as it is a 3 cylinder engine, it gets very noisy at high speeds, the excellent build quality helps in suppressing this noise to some extent.

From my limited experience with the i20, the performance of i20 is as good or as bad as the Polo, but that engine is very refined.

IMO go for Polo if you will not be using the rear seats regularly as the rear legroom is pathetic in Polo whereas i20 has decent rear legroom and is a better family car as compared to Polo.
Thanks Mitsuvolk. I intend to drive it both for city use and highway cruising as I go for a lot of weekend drives. How does Polo 1.2 fares on the highway?
Apologies for being too inquisitive, but as I'll be spending some 7 lakhs on this, I want to have as much real world information as I could before deciding on the final one. How does Swift performs in this case?
Old 15th December 2015, 12:55   #3651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
Thanks Mitsuvolk. I intend to drive it both for city use and highway cruising as I go for a lot of weekend drives. How does Polo 1.2 fares on the highway?

Apologies for being too inquisitive, but as I'll be spending some 7 lakhs on this, I want to have as much real world information as I could before deciding on the final one. How does Swift performs in this case?

Polo is a great highway performer, It may not be as powerful as it's competitors but I feel that you can only utilise the performance of a car when it has the dynamics to support those performance numbers. Polo wins here, I do multiple inter-state drives in my Polo petrol every year and I am yet to be disappointed with it's performance.

My previous car was a Ritz petrol which had much better performance and refinement levels, but I have not missed that car ever since I started driving Polo. Ritz had good power but it never gave me the confidence on highways.

So basically in real world scenarios, you will be satisfied with Polo's performance both in city as well as highways.

Swift is a great car, it has the same engine as the Ritz I owned earlier, but in my opinion Polo is a better package. The only thIngs you may not like are-

1. Slightly noise engine (not that it will bother you much but keep an ear for the engine noise in your TD before you come to a decison)

2. Rear leg room - people in the backseat will never be happy in this car. I find the backseat inadequate even for children.

Clear out all your queries here itself, we are here to help you to take an informed decision😊
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 14:25   #3652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Polo is a great highway performer, It may not be as powerful as it's competitors but I feel that you can only utilise the performance of a car when it has the dynamics to support those performance numbers. Polo wins here, I do multiple inter-state drives in my Polo petrol every year and I am yet to be disappointed with it's performance.

My previous car was a Ritz petrol which had much better performance and refinement levels, but I have not missed that car ever since I started driving Polo. Ritz had good power but it never gave me the confidence on highways.

So basically in real world scenarios, you will be satisfied with Polo's performance both in city as well as highways.

Swift is a great car, it has the same engine as the Ritz I owned earlier, but in my opinion Polo is a better package. The only thIngs you may not like are-

1. Slightly noise engine (not that it will bother you much but keep an ear for the engine noise in your TD before you come to a decison)

2. Rear leg room - people in the backseat will never be happy in this car. I find the backseat inadequate even for children.

Clear out all your queries here itself, we are here to help you to take an informed decision😊
Thanks again Mitsuvolk.
These inputs will surely help me in short-listing the final one, and after reading your feedback, I am getting more and more inclined towards Polo.
I loved the muted engine noise which was filtering in the cabin with the AC on, as it was like I am driving a more powerful car.
Also, currently I live alone in Hyderabad due to my job, and parents live in a different place. So rear leg room will not be a problem for me apart from the times when there will be other people sitting at the back.
I'll go for a longer TD again and then finalize it as soon as possible.
Appreciate you inputs.
Old 24th December 2015, 14:57   #3653
BHPian

VW discontinuing Night Blue Shade?

Just received an info that VW is discontinuing the Night Blue shade. This was conveyed by the dealership here in Mangalore, but I have some suspicion. Here is why I am not sure about this info.

I own a VW Polo Petrol Highline in Carbon Steel Shade. My friend was planning to upgrade his Alto, so him & I went around test driving different vehicles and he finalized that he will go with the Polo Diesel.

We went to the dealership, met the Sales Executive, a lady (whom we had met on the first test drive - lets call her SE-1) and did another long test drive and sat for the negotiations. My friend opted for the Night Blue shade and got a sweet discount of Rs 91,000 on the Highline variant.

Now here's where things started getting a bit fishy. During the negotiations, the SE who sold me my car approached us - I'll refer to him as SE-2 henceforward (He wasn't present when we did the first Test Drive). So, when the quotes were being prepared he sat with us but seemed a bit zoned off. We received the quotes and left. Later, that evening the SE called me on my mobile and informed that he wants to speak to me about the car. I said that he better talk to my friend as he is the one who will eventually buy the car. But the SE insisted and came by my Office.

Incidentally, unknown to him my friend was also in my office at that time. So when asked about the matter he wanted to discuss, he said nothing important and that he came just to confirm the booking and he will talk to his boss and will try to get some more discount. Then came the sell - he started pushing that the Night blue shade is not readily available in stock and it must be ordered and it will take 2 weeks, but there are a couple of Grey shades which are readily available & he will try to get more discount on them. That's when the alarm bells started ringing. We said that we were ready to wait for 2 weeks for Blue rather than going for the grey.

This afternoon, my friend receives a call from SE 1 that the company is discontinuing the Night Blue Shade. Anybody have any idea whether this is true? Now I feel there is something going on here, either they are trying to clear the existing stock or trying to push a damaged vehicle.

So guys, I need some advice. Should we go through and do a detailed PDI of the grey car or walk away from the deal.
Thanks in advance.
Old 27th December 2015, 13:29   #3654
Hoo

Re: VW discontinuing Night Blue Shade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Just received an info that VW is discontinuing the Night Blue shade. This was conveyed by the dealership here in Mangalore, but I have some suspicion. Here is why I am not sure about this info.

I own a VW Polo Petrol Highline in Carbon Steel Shade. My friend was planning to upgrade his Alto, so him & I went around test driving different vehicles and he finalized that he will go with the Polo Diesel.

We went to the dealership, met the Sales Executive, a lady (whom we had met on the first test drive - lets call her SE-1) and did another long test drive and sat for the negotiations. My friend opted for the Night Blue shade and got a sweet discount of Rs 91,000 on the Highline variant.

Now here's where things started getting a bit fishy. During the negotiations, the SE who sold me my car approached us - I'll refer to him as SE-2 henceforward (He wasn't present when we did the first Test Drive). So, when the quotes were being prepared he sat with us but seemed a bit zoned off. We received the quotes and left. Later, that evening the SE called me on my mobile and informed that he wants to speak to me about the car. I said that he better talk to my friend as he is the one who will eventually buy the car. But the SE insisted and came by my Office.

Incidentally, unknown to him my friend was also in my office at that time. So when asked about the matter he wanted to discuss, he said nothing important and that he came just to confirm the booking and he will talk to his boss and will try to get some more discount. Then came the sell - he started pushing that the Night blue shade is not readily available in stock and it must be ordered and it will take 2 weeks, but there are a couple of Grey shades which are readily available & he will try to get more discount on them. That's when the alarm bells started ringing. We said that we were ready to wait for 2 weeks for Blue rather than going for the grey.

This afternoon, my friend receives a call from SE 1 that the company is discontinuing the Night Blue Shade. Anybody have any idea whether this is true? Now I feel there is something going on here, either they are trying to clear the existing stock or trying to push a damaged vehicle.

So guys, I need some advice. Should we go through and do a detailed PDI of the grey car or walk away from the deal.
Thanks in advance.

Have a look at the Reflex silver. That's the most good looking color for the polo along with the candy white. IMO. Check them out as well, and it does seem quite fishy though. Check the grey cars well though before closing on the deal.

Good luck.
Old 27th December 2015, 16:06   #3655
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW discontinuing Night Blue Shade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Just received an info that VW is discontinuing the Night Blue shade.

Thanks in advance.
Call up other dealers (even in other cities) and enquire. It only takes five minutes. If you find that the color is still being produced, then proceed with caution.

He may simply be trying to meet his annual sales target and his desperation for a quick sale can mean a big discount for you. But again, if he turns out to have lied about the color being discontinued, make sure your PDI is extra thorough before proceeding.
Old 28th December 2015, 21:38   #3656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Do the wing mirrors fold the opposite way in the new Polos? I think they no longer do that. Or am I not applying enough force?
Nope they don't fold the other way, this was one of the features I liked in the old polo but one my new one neither do they go the other way nor are they openable or closable manually.
Thebat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 12:42   #3657
BHPian

Spotted two of these with 'Blue Motion' tags.

Both these polos had some test equipment on board and were manuals with 5 speed gear boxes ,i say that by looking at the gear knobs.

Could not take further pictures as the drivers came chasing me after seeing me click from my phone and i had to flee the scene on my activa

Mods please move to appropriate thread if need be.

Regards rosaf!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-20151230_112908optimized.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-20151230_112925optimized.jpg  

rosaf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 12:48   #3658
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Nope they don't fold the other way, this was one of the features I liked in the old polo but one my new one neither do they go the other way nor are they openable or closable manually.
The electrically folding mirrors can be turned to the forward direction. I did confirm this from one of the test drive cars in the showroom. Please recheck this at your end. You may not be applying sufficient force.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 16:05   #3659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The electrically folding mirrors can be turned to the forward direction. I did confirm this from one of the test drive cars in the showroom. Please recheck this at your end. You may not be applying sufficient force.
Did you check this in a version with integrated blinkers or without? There was a change (sometime in 2015 I think) when the side indicators moved from the fender onto the mirror.

I tried this on a display model in the showroom and I could fold it in, but not the opposite way. This was a Comfortline model (so no electric fold either).
Old 30th December 2015, 16:08   #3660
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Did you check this in a version with integrated blinkers or without? There was a change (sometime in 2015 I think) when the side indicators moved from the fender onto the mirror.

I tried this on a display model in the showroom and I could fold it in, but not the opposite way. This was a Comfortline model (so no electric fold either).
The mirror had blinkers. Is there a version of the ORVM with integrated blinkers but without electric folding?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks