Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2015, 16:10   #3661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The mirror had blinkers. Is there a version of the ORVM with integrated blinkers but without electric folding?
Yes, the Comfortline.

Trendline has nothing, simple mirrors (also not body coloured but that's irrelevant here). Comfortline picks up integrated blinkers. Highline gets electric-fold in addition.

By the way, VW's website seems to say that the body coloured mirrors with integrated blinkers are available on the Trendline too. Perhaps I was looking at an older Trendline display model or the website is incorrect but I know it had black mirrors with no blinkers. According to the website, the only feature the Trendline loses is electric adjustment.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 30th December 2015 at 16:23.
Old 30th December 2015, 16:11   #3662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Yes, the Comfortline.

Trendline has nothing, simple mirrors (also not body coloured but that's irrelevant here). Comfortline picks up integrated blinkers. Highline gets electric-fold in addition.
Then I suppose this model might have been the Comfortline variant but does the Comfortline variant get alloy wheels? I don't suppose so.

In any case, will reconfirm this aspect this weekend when I am headed there. Good thing the service center is located just a couple of km from my apartment.
Old 30th December 2015, 16:14   #3663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then I suppose this model might have been the Comfortline variant but does the Comfortline variant get alloy wheels? I don't suppose so.
Nope, Comfortline gets 15 in steelies and wheelcaps. Thanks for checking!
Old 30th December 2015, 19:50   #3664
BHPian

Quote:
The electrically folding mirrors can be turned to the forward direction. I did confirm this from one of the test drive cars in the showroom. Please recheck this at your end. You may not be applying sufficient force.
Just tried it again after reading your post, didn't budge a bit. Called my SA and asked him the same , he advised not to try as he was told that the motor might get damaged if we do it manually . Is there any credibility to what he says?
I'll check the manual now and post any info I get on this topic.
Old 1st January 2016, 13:25   #3665
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Happy New Year, guys.
Polo is running fine. But I am facing problem with night driving. The headlights don't provide sufficient coverage. I even upgraded to osram night breakers. The results were better than stock but still not confidence inspiring at night. My polo has double barrel headlights.
Now I need your opinion for upgrading headlights on following options:
1. Upgrade bulbs to h7 90/100 with relay. Cost- ₹1000~1500
2. Retrofit Morimoto mini h1 D2S with Philips HID 4200 k kit or OSRAM XENARAC HID KIT ON EXISTING HEADLIGHTS with sequential drls. ₹ 30000~32000 by Retrorides Delhi
3. Replacement of headlights with custom headlights by eagle eyes with drl and projectors with Philips or XENARAC HID KITS.- No mods are needed as these are plug and play. Approx. 30000.

Last edited by sunilsoft : 1st January 2016 at 13:27.
Old 1st January 2016, 23:33   #3666

Re: VW discontinuing Night Blue Shade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Just received an info that VW is discontinuing the Night Blue shade. This was conveyed by the dealership here in Mangalore.
When I was in the market to select a car around end of October 2015, and zoomed into Polo, I had two colour options in mind - Red and Blue. The dealer at Bangalore told us that the blue is presently out of production, and may take a really long time to come. We went for the red which was our first choice anyways, and looked great in the Exquisite edition.

But on the roads, I have seen several Blue Polos (new model with blinkers on ORVM, that was released in September). Dont know why VW would want to discontinue it suddenly.
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:46   #3667
BHPian

Re: VW discontinuing Night Blue Shade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMindia View Post
Dont know why VW would want to discontinue it suddenly.
Well I got the Call from VW and they did confirm that the Night Blue Shade is currently not being produced, even in the Vento. However, they clarified that the Night Blue shade in NOT discontinued, but couldn't confirm when production of the same will resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Just received an info that VW is discontinuing the Night Blue shade. This was conveyed by the dealership here in Mangalore, but I have some suspicion. Here is why I am not sure about this info.

So guys, I need some advice. Should we go through and do a detailed PDI of the grey car or walk away from the deal.
Thanks in advance.
Regarding my earlier post above, the confusion was sorted out. We finally did go with the Polo (Carbon Steel) - in fact took delivery yesterday. We did a thorough PDI before finalizing the deal and decoding the VIN confirmed that it was a November 2015 model. The best part was we were able to squeeze more discount than the previous 91K offered and a few freebies too.

Slightly Off topic - I liked the way VW dealers handled the delivery process, better than when I took delivery of my car. All documents (like insurance cover note, RC challan, ASC contact details etc) were arranged neatly in a folder, one could simply flip over to the required document than go through numerous envelopes. The Manual, Service booklet etc were neatly packed in a leatherette case. When I said I didn't receive such case, they were nice enough to give me one.

They also are giving away a sapling in the name of "VW Blue Ideas" - making up for the emission scandal VW?
Mahesh Prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:39   #3668
BHPian

Did a TD of Polo GT today in Volkswagen Whitefield. Loved the build, very sturdy and felt assuring of driving a safe car. Lumbar support in the front seats was less and was more on the stiffer side, this feeling appeared to me in all European cars. Great plastics and looked quite durable too.

It definitely was not a five seater with very less leg space, if we were to have a relaxed driving position.

The hump at the rear is really tall which has the gear transmission. On asking the SA, why Volkswagen cars have this hump, his response was "It gives more stability to the car, if the gear transmission tunnel is positioned there". Well, I am not sure if that can be an apt reason.

Engine sound was quite audible in the car as you start it and rev it up, its not a sweet rev sound which enthusiasts would like, atlease for me. If we were to compare it with other premium hatches (elite i20, jazz, baleno), one can easily say that it is a driver's car and not well loaded with the buttons and gizmos.

Overall sales and TD experience was good. Quite a few deliveries were planned for today.
Old 3rd January 2016, 22:24   #3669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
The hump at the rear is really tall which has the gear transmission...
The transmission tunnel in FWD cars is usually used for routing the exhaust without compromising on ground clearance.

Apart from that, it adds to the structural rigidity. Check this post. I hope that explains the things.

Quote:
Engine sound was quite audible in the car as you start it and rev it up, its not a sweet rev sound which enthusiasts would like, at least for me.
You didn't mention whether you've driven a GT TSI or TDI. In case it's a TDI, you can't expect it to be as refined as 1.4L CRDI of i20. VW's TDI mills are notorious for that clatter at start-up which eventually settles to a finer sound once the engine warms up.

Though it ain't the best mill in terms of refinement, it ain't bad at all considering the power it delivers. I'd say its a fair trade-off.

Quote:
If we were to compare it with other premium hatches (elite i20, jazz, baleno), one can easily say that it is a driver's car and not well loaded with the buttons and gizmos.
The GT twins were launched to cater the enthusiasts who would prefer true traits of a car (namely build quality, power, driving dynamics, safety, etc.,) over bells and whistles.

That said, VW has added many gizmos such as cruise control, electrically adjustable & foldable ORVMs, ambient lighting, etc., of late.
Old 8th January 2016, 09:54   #3670
BHPian

Checked with VW Whitefield, Bangalore, on the prices of the Polo. A cash discount of Rs. 48,000 is on offer. An additional loyalty discount of Rs.10,000. However, none on the GT models
Old 9th January 2016, 18:43   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Checked with VW Whitefield, Bangalore, on the prices of the Polo. A cash discount of Rs. 48,000 is on offer. An additional loyalty discount of Rs.10,000. However, none on the GT models
That is an increase of another 20k from what I got. You have better negotiation skills.
Old 11th January 2016, 20:37   #3672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
i got an offer at 10,000 Rs discount for 2016 model comfortline and 45,000 rs discount on 2015 model. Cochin,Kerala
Old 14th January 2016, 12:02   #3673
BHPian

can anyone help me with the service costs and expenses with the new polo diesel.
i'm seriously planning to buy one but hearing these unnecessary comments about the service costs and expenses.
Thanks in advance.
Old 26th February 2016, 15:08   #3674
BHPian

Hello all.
I went through nearly the entire thread, and am in a bit of a pickle.
I am planning on buying a hatch in a couple of months time. Currently in the research phase.
I test drove the grand i10, the baleno, jazz, figo. I'm also planning on not going bust on the budget, so not considering the i20 as of now. Average running about 25km a day max, and that too won't be using the car daily. (Hinjewadi me car is suicidal) hence thinking of a petrol.
The Polo interiors have me absolutely smitten. I like them even better than the i20. And reading about the ride quality and handling, even more.
My only concern being, I am a bit of an enthusiast. While I'm not expecting a lot of power from the polo(75bhp only sadly), I'm just hoping it'll be good enough for city runs, and be good on the highways.
Also, what's the most average fuel economy figure on the polo? Is it better than the grand i10 or baleno? or worse? (Or god forbid, much much worse??)
Old 26th February 2016, 15:22   #3675
BHPian

Hey ashishk29, I think the Polo TSi should have you covered and sorted. At a price though...
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks