Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2016, 22:47   #3721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

VW Polo Special Edition - ALLSTAR spotted again.

Quote:
First shown internationally in December 2015 alongside nine other ALLSTAR edition VW models to promote the upcoming, 2016 UEFA European Championship football tournament, the Polo ALLSTAR edition is already on sale in Europe. It is expected to be launched in India in June-July, around the same time the football tournament will be held in France (June 10 to July 10).
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpoloallstarspiedindia11024x576.jpg
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpoloallstarspiedindia31024x576.jpg
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-volkswagenpoloallstarspiedindia41024x576.jpg

http://www.motoroids.com/news/volksw...d-coming-soon/
Old 27th April 2016, 16:06   #3722
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo is likely to get 1.0-litre TSI in India.

Quote:
Volkswagen has been testing the 1.0-litre TSI engine for Indian climatic conditions. The German automaker is looking at introducing the 1.0-litre TSI on the Polo replacing the currently sold 1.2-litre naturally aspirated engine.
http://motoroctane.com/news/30131-vo...ll-the-details
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 18:06   #3723
BHPian

Hey guys, need some help with my Polo Highline 1.5 Tdi Highline. It's going for its fisrt 6 months check on Monday. I need to know what to do, what to get changed and some pointers on what to look out for. Also the Service center is VW palace cross, hesaraghatta, anyone has experience with them? Any info will be highly usefull.
Old 28th April 2016, 19:46   #3724
BHPian

The first check should be very straightforward; they will check levels of various fluids/lubricants and top up if needed. Other than that if you have any concerns, you can let them know.

Do make it a point to not get the car washed by them. I have realised most of the showrooms use cheap soap and the car can get very messy with scratches etc.
Old 7th May 2016, 20:42   #3725
BHPian

Dear All,

I have been looking for a Polo GT TDI for quite sometime now as an upgrade to a diesel hatch from my petrol Punto. Recently, one of the dealers in Bangalore told me that they have a July 2015 manufactured GT TDI. Today, I inspected the car and from the outside it looks reasonably fine; there were no scratches which were visible. The dealer is quoting 10.2 L as the on road for the vehicle; they are comparing the on-road price for a 2016 GT (which has more features viz., cruise control, auto IRVM, touch-screen infotainment system) with the 2015 one and telling me that they are providing ~1 L cash discount. My hunch is that it should not be priced more than 9.2-9.3L on road as it is already ten months old as well as it is missing out on the new equipment. Request your inputs on the same.
Old 7th May 2016, 22:23   #3726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
Recently, one of the dealers in Bangalore told me that they have a July 2015 manufactured GT TDI. Today, I inspected the car and from the outside it looks reasonably fine; there were no scratches which were visible. The dealer is quoting 10.2 L as the on road for the vehicle; they are comparing the on-road price for a 2016 GT (which has more features viz., cruise control, auto IRVM, touch-screen infotainment system) with the 2015 one and telling me that they are providing ~1 L cash discount. My hunch is that it should not be priced more than 9.2-9.3L on road as it is already ten months old as well as it is missing out on the new equipment. Request your inputs on the same.
July 2015 means it is 2 iterations old. You miss the features that came out around the August time frame (Cruise Control, Cooled Glove box, Electric Folding ORVM) and then the features in the 2016 version ( TouchScreen System, Auto IRVM, Rain sensing wipers). The 2016 version added ~40K to the OTR price, I don't recall if the 2015 August changes resulted in a price hike. But in any case, considering the 2015 prices for this variant, you are not getting much of a discount(As you rightly felt).

In my opinion, a 10 month old car is a little too old to be considering, and the new features added are all good useful ones. Considering the discount being given, makes sense to go for a latest iteration version.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 22:30   #3727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is quoting 10.2 L as the on road for the vehicle; they are comparing the on-road price for a 2016 GT
Last time I looked (a couple of months back), we could have got a brand-new one, one the road, for about 10.5. Have you checked what buying new would cost you today?

Quote:
My hunch is that it should not be priced more than 9.2-9.3L
Mine is year older, but cost me nearly two lakh less than that. I don't like the sound of your dealer!

Also, please, be careful, as anyone buying a used car in India should be now, and get the car independently examined, including the electronic diagnostic readout. Ideally, you would want to know where the car was in the first week of December 2015.

I'd be suspicious even if the car had been registered thousands of miles away! The dealers in so many thousands of those Chennai vehicles must have ways and means...
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 22:46   #3728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Also, please, be careful, as anyone buying a used car in India should be now, and get the car independently examined, including the electronic diagnostic readout. Ideally, you would want to know where the car was in the first week of December 2015.

I'd be suspicious even if the car had been registered thousands of miles away! The dealers in so many thousands of those Chennai vehicles must have ways and means...
Actually the car is brand new as suggested by Volkswagen Whitefield. The story as communicated by the showroom is that one of their customers has booked the same, but owing to some hiccups in loan processing, he was unable to take the delivery. I personally liked the car sans a test drive in the same; the colour is also of my liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
July 2015 means it is 2 iterations old. You miss the features that came out around the August time frame (Cruise Control, Cooled Glove box, Electric Folding ORVM) and then the features in the 2016 version ( TouchScreen System, Auto IRVM, Rain sensing wipers). The 2016 version added ~40K to the OTR price, I don't recall if the 2015 August changes resulted in a price hike. But in any case, considering the 2015 prices for this variant, you are not getting much of a discount(As you rightly felt).

In my opinion, a 10 month old car is a little too old to be considering, and the new features added are all good useful ones. Considering the discount being given, makes sense to go for a latest iteration version.
In case if the discount is not substantial, it does not make sense to go ahead with the same. However, if they do come down based on further negotiations, it would be VFM for me; the features of GT are way above what is there in my Punto 1.2L Dynamic.
Old 7th May 2016, 23:57   #3729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually the car is brand new as suggested by Volkswagen Whitefield. The story as communicated by the showroom is that one of their customers has booked the same, but owing to some hiccups in loan processing, he was unable to take the delivery. I personally liked the car sans a test drive in the same; the colour is also of my liking.

In case if the discount is not substantial, it does not make sense to go ahead with the same. However, if they do come down based on further negotiations, it would be VFM for me; the features of GT are way above what is there in my Punto 1.2L Dynamic.
Oh, I missed the point that this is a VW dealer. I'm not at all sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing! I'm sure that sales that fall through, loans that don't complete, etc, are every-day occurrences in the trade. Isn't it still a new car at that point, and wouldn't people expect it to simply be sold to another customer as such? Within days or weeks, not ten months. Call me suspicious, but I smell some degree of cow dung here.

Your sales person is very fond of producing the vocal noises: remind him that it is a used car, nearly one year old, and that is the criteria for the price you expect to pay.

How much are they selling the new model for?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 09:21   #3730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Coincidentally I was offered this car too but the SA didn't share the offer price since I didn't show much interest. After taking a TD he is behind me from a month. I would take this car if it's offered for 9-9.4L on road. Not paying anything more. Apparently they still have 2015 stock and the prices are almost 40k less AFAIK. I actually didn't want the touch screen unit on the high line so was fine with the older version but he told me that a few other features were missing too. In addition to all this, I thought that the latest polo came with a Maxidot cluster. However it doesnt. Hence I put off any such plans since there were multiple conflicts of interest. I am waiting for the complete Euro spec version. It's a beautiful car in that form
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 11:04   #3731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
How much are they selling the new model for?
They are quoting 11.3 for the new GT TDI.
unleash_thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 11:11   #3732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Coincidentally I was offered this car too but the SA didn't share the offer price since I didn't show much interest. After taking a TD he is behind me from a month. I would take this car if it's offered for 9-9.4L on road. Not paying anything more. Apparently they still have 2015 stock and the prices are almost 40k less AFAIK. I actually didn't want the touch screen unit on the high line so was fine with the older version but he told me that a few other features were missing too. In addition to all this, I thought that the latest polo came with a Maxidot cluster. However it doesnt. Hence I put off any such plans since there were multiple conflicts of interest. I am waiting for the complete Euro spec version. It's a beautiful car in that form
Lets see what is the final quote they come up with. Had a discussion with SA today as well; he was communicating that GT is a model on which there are no discounts whatsoever, however, by reducing the price to 10.2 he is doing me a favour. Gave him my piece of mind that he should do an apple-apple comparison and anything more than 9.3 is completely unacceptable. He will be putting me through to his manager. Lets see what happens today. Will keep everyone posted.
unleash_thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 11:28   #3733
BHPian

Quote:
They are quoting 11.3 for the new GT TDI.
That's steep! That's an increase of 80k since last Aug.

Is VW Whitefield the only dealer you've checked with? When I bought my Polo highline TDI last year, I went to three different dealers and kind of pitched one against the other for a better deal

Having bought the car just before the upgrade, I miss cruise control and auto dimming irvm the most. Please give it a good thought before buying the July 2015 model.
AbhiIyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 12:53   #3734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiIyengar View Post
That's steep! That's an increase of 80k since last Aug.
Thats my problem too. Each version has had a 40k price increase. I had made my calculations for the outgoing version and that was roughly coming to 9.6L for the Highline diesel. However, the current version is 10.1L when the dealer shared the price list with me. This increase is mainly for the touch screen head unit and the automatic wiper/mirror either of which I am not interested in. Moreover, the touch screen unit is an el-cheapo one without CAN bus connectivity or navigation. Hence, either way I would be throwing that out.

Upon coming to know the latest price, the Figo out of nowhere appeared to be more VFM considering its engine and price. Hence now I am stuck between the two and decided to wait so that the bank balance grows fatter, since I am not in a mood to let go of the Polo.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 13:09   #3735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Moreover, the touch screen unit is an el-cheapo one without CAN bus connectivity
How did you confirm this? Some of the older HUs (320) had canbus connectivity although it wasn't of any use in terms of tweaking. I'm guessing this one should have CAN connections as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks