Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2016, 14:39   #3736
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
How did you confirm this? Some of the older HUs (320) had canbus connectivity although it wasn't of any use in terms of tweaking. I'm guessing this one should have CAN connections as well.
The one that is currently offered doesnt offer optical parking system, vehicle information which are there in the Euro spec variants. Though it might have CAN connections for other functions like steering wheel controls and stuff, It will not support other functions. Hence I didnt find it very attractive.
Old 9th May 2016, 10:55   #3737
BHPian

Re: Yes, I am a BHPian!

Welcome kishore.
How much was the OTR price for VW POLO ? Were you offered any discounts?
Old 9th May 2016, 14:45   #3738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiIyengar View Post
That's steep! That's an increase of 80k since last Aug.

Is VW Whitefield the only dealer you've checked with? When I bought my Polo highline TDI last year, I went to three different dealers and kind of pitched one against the other for a better deal

Having bought the car just before the upgrade, I miss cruise control and auto dimming irvm the most. Please give it a good thought before buying the July 2015 model.
Have checked with Volkswagen Palace Cross as well. Apparently, they don't have a 2015 model in stock with them. They were quoting 10 L as the on-road for 2016 Highline Polo 1.5 TDI post 35k cash discount.

Also, tried getting in touch with Volkswagen Elite, but to no avail; made three-four calls to the showroom which went unanswered.

Last edited by unleash_thunder : 9th May 2016 at 14:46. Reason: Forgot to mention the year of model
Old 10th May 2016, 11:45   #3739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Welcome kishore.
I am dying to find out whether i got a fair deal or not, but here you go

VW polo Comfortline Diesel Variant (Flash Red ) - 9,10,000 (includes Mudflaps,Car cover, Floor Mats, 35+3K disc) without Extd Warranty

VW Polo Comfortline Diesel (Metallic Carbon steel Grey) - 9,22,000 (includes Mudflaps,Car cover, Floor Mats, 35+3K disc) without Extd Warranty
Old 10th May 2016, 11:58   #3740
BHPian

I guess insurance is not included. You are not taking it from dealers end.
Old 10th May 2016, 13:29   #3741
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome kishore.
Quote:
I guess insurance is not included. You are not taking it from dealers end.
Insurance is included as well along with bumper to bumper, comes around 30k, just the extended warranty of 12k not included
Old 11th May 2016, 16:02   #3742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
Lets see what is the final quote they come up with. Had a discussion with SA today as well; he was communicating that GT is a model on which there are no discounts whatsoever, however, by reducing the price to 10.2 he is doing me a favour. Gave him my piece of mind that he should do an apple-apple comparison and anything more than 9.3 is completely unacceptable. He will be putting me through to his manager. Lets see what happens today. Will keep everyone posted.
Post my discussion with the SA and his manager, the final quote i have received for GT-July 2015 model is 10 (on road BLR). At this price point, I can buy the 2016 Highline TDI. Hence, have shelved the plans to buy the GT as of now. Being a previous Punto owner, i am now looking at other options including Zest 90 PS XT and Punto Evo 90 HP.
Old 12th May 2016, 12:08   #3743
BHPian

To all those Polo owners who have beige colored seats,
How do you keep your seats clean? Suggest me some good products that you use to prevent soiling of the seats.
I thought of not putting on any seat covers and keep the stock seats as delivered for minimum 6 months.It seems I have to change my decision soon.
Old 12th May 2016, 16:00   #3744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To all those Polo owners who have beige colored seats,
How do you keep your seats clean? Suggest me some good products that you use to prevent soiling of the seats. ... ... ...
My sets are not beige or even very pale coloured, but I can't forget the tea stain on my old Polo's seat! I don't want that to happen again.

I have just bought a bottle of Ultima Interior Guard Plus. It is rather expensive, and there are fibre-encapsulation products that claim to be even more advanced and offer longer-lasting protection. I picked the Ultima because I can is it on most of the car's interior surfaces, from plastic to leather and fabric (but not glass) and because it is supposedly wipe-on-walk-away easy to apply. Also it won't make plastic surfaces glossy.

I'm afraid, though, that, even for Team-BHP, I am not going to test it with tea! I might try that on some waste cloth though.

It will take some time before I can report. It is so hot for outside work at the moment.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 16:04   #3745
BHPian

Guys need some help.My polo GT is making a light groaning or whine when i turn the steering to left. It doesn't make any noise when i turn right. Car goes straight and no problems with steering except i feel bit jerky sometimes. No leaks on the ground. What could be the cause? I once hit a footpath while turning at 5-10 kmph and left alloy got hit. BTW car is kinda new,4.5k on odo. Need some suggestions.
Old 12th May 2016, 20:03   #3746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
Guys need some help.My polo GT is making a light groaning or whine when i turn the steering to left.
Hey sid93, with my limited knowledge, I can tell you that the steering issue can be attributed to worn out brake pads/disc rotors. However, considering you have >5k kms on the ODO, I doubt if this is even a possibility!!

But just for the experts to suggest/advise you better, can you please specify which GT you have, TSI or TDI ??
Old 12th May 2016, 20:08   #3747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey sid93, with my limited knowledge, I can tell you that the steering issue can be attributed to worn out brake pads/disc rotors. However, considering you have >5k kms on the ODO, I doubt if this is even a possibility!!

But just for the experts to suggest/advise you better, can you please specify which GT you have, TSI or TDI ??

Its GT TSI. Brake pads worn out at less than 5k kms on ODO? And this sound comes only when steering is turned towards left from centre position. Its very mild groaning noise which can be heard only when you turn off the AC and drive at parking speeds. I guess that hit on the left wheel should have caused some problem. Which part causing it is what am confused. Thank you
Old 12th May 2016, 22:53   #3748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
Guys need some help.My polo GT is making a light groaning or whine when i turn the steering to left.
Does this happen when stationary (and turning the steering left) or only while moving? Asking this since I once had one wheel of my alto touching the bumper (post a similar bump) while turning. Sounded like a groan but not a whine.
Old 12th May 2016, 23:42   #3749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth View Post
Does this happen when stationary (and turning the steering left) or only while moving? Asking this since I once had one wheel of my alto touching the bumper (post a similar bump) while turning. Sounded like a groan but not a whine.

I noticed at parking speeds and then tried when stationary. Its not bumper for sure. Noise coming from power steering.
Old 14th May 2016, 14:49   #3750

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Do the others experience this too? Or is it simply because it is a Manual Transmission and involves a lot clutch and gear operations that is causing the discomfort. I mean is it any better in the GT TSI? Also are the Ventos any different in this aspect?
I have a Polo Petrol highline from Aug 2015, and since the last few days, I am experiencing back pain too! My daily travelling distance is about 45-50 kms. Also, I feel really tired on my journey back home due to exhaustion from the days work coupled with the evening city traffic

I feel it's got to do with the seat design, which hardly gives any support to the lower back. I am thinking of using an extra pillow for lumbar support.
If someone knows any other solution please let me know...

Last edited by ampere : 15th May 2016 at 22:59. Reason: Edited quoted content

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks