Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:12   #3796
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidparekh View Post
Hi kishore,

A lot of cars now get a smaller sized steel wheel as a spare. The logic is three-fold:
In my opinion, it is nothing except the cost factor. This 'space saver' tag must be a manufacturer coined term to present the negativity in a 'positive' way to a layman buyer.

Quote:
The other question is whether it actually fits in the wheel well. I haven't tried it, but maybe some other members who have or have suffered a puncture can comment.
Well, in that case, where do you keep the full size punctured tire? And if the wheel well can accomodate a full size tire then there is no space saving thing.

Plus, a smaller tire compromises your braking and handling capabilities. Wrong odo meter reading and not able to do a 5 tire rotation are another issues.

The only one to gain from all this arrangement is the manufacturer- by cost saving. If this saving is passed on to the customer, then may be little gain to the customer as well.

Regards,
Saket.
Old 23rd June 2016, 14:58   #3797
Distinguished - BHPian

2104 GT TDI: full-size alloy spare, and when the previous owner upgraded the tyres, he upgraded all five
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:07   #3798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiIyengar View Post
Hi all. I have lately been hearing a lot of "stress" sounds from the right side A pillar of my Polo TDI. This happens mostly when I'm going over speed breakers or craters on the road.

I'm almost inclined to believe there may be some structural issue here and its starting to concern me. I will be calling my dealer today but please let me if any of you had a similar experience.
A colleague of mine had similar issue in his BMW X1. It turned out to be two welding tacks were broken. First you see in exactly which situation the noise comes. Then demonstrate the same to service advisor and ask them to solve it.
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:34   #3799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
A colleague of mine had similar issue in his BMW X1. It turned out to be two welding tacks were broken. First you see in exactly which situation the noise comes. Then demonstrate the same to service advisor and ask them to solve it.

Thank you. I have been observing the noise mostly when I'm going over speed breakers. Hopefully I can demonstrate the same to the SA and find out the actual cause.
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:22   #3800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Plus, a smaller tire compromises your braking and handling capabilities. Wrong odo meter reading and not able to do a 5 tire rotation are another issues.
I thought it isn't a smaller tyre though it may be narrower. The aspect ratio is different so the tyre on the 14 inch rim has a higher profile. The wheel + tyre diameter should be exactly the same, no?

I'm quite sure that for this reason, both the spare and the original wheel will fit into the wheel well in any car.

It does mean that you cannot do full tyre rotations and when you change your tyres, the spare (which will have been barely used) must be discarded due to its age. That's a bit of a waste IMO.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 23rd June 2016 at 17:30.
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:49   #3801
BHPian

Quote:

If you have an iPhone, it activates Siri. If on Android, it activates Google Now commands (I think. Android users please comment). It's not a full blown voice command system like the Ford cars.

They are for cycling through the two tripmeters in the MID. If you go to certain screens (like mileage, distance, time etc.), you will see a small 1 or 2 on the side of the MID. The right-left buttons switch between 1 & 2.

No, it's like that on some of the higher VAG cars. In the polo, it simply activates the left/right fog lamp depending on the turning of the steering wheel past a certain point. Note that you need to have Low beams on but Fog lights off to use this feature.
Hey thanks for the information.

However, the voice command simply mutes the music when connected to my android Moto X Play. So I am not able to figure out how to use the function. I checked the manual also but that is also silent on this aspect.

Yes I did notice that the left right buttons toggle between trip 1 and trip 2. I got optimistic and thought it would have a bigger role to play like in maxidot clusters.

As for the cornering lights, they do not light up on turning the steering wheel even if the fog lights are off and head lights are on low beam. The only time they light up is when the indicator stalk is used and once the indicator cuts, the cornering light goes off.

Last edited by torque18 : 23rd June 2016 at 17:55.
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 19:02   #3802
BHPian

Hello autobots,

Iam planning to replace my ford figo zxi 2010 with a new car. Till last Jan i was accompanied by my ever trustworthy Bolero for almost a lakh km. Ever since i have been using figo and to be honest, i jus love the way my car drives except for the poor fuel economy. I hardly does spirited driving and hence puny power she generates was never an issue for me. However iam tired of getting into gas stations every now and then and started thinking of replacing her with a new machine. After many permutations and combinations, iam convinced that VW polo highline TDi is my next companion. I went ahead and booked polo (mfg date would be june 2016) today with an OTR of 9, 05000/- including the exchange bonus of 10K offered by the dealer. My figo was exchanged at a bargain price of 200000. I would like to know the experts views here on my current deal.

Thanks for all your replies in advance.

Last edited by highwaypatrol : 28th June 2016 at 19:17.
Old 29th June 2016, 17:17   #3803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Hello autobots,

iam convinced that VW polo highline TDi is my next companion. I went ahead and booked polo (mfg date would be june 2016) today with an OTR of 9, 05000/- including the exchange bonus of 10K offered by the dealer. My figo was exchanged at a bargain price of 200000. I would like to know the experts views here on my current deal.

Thanks for all your replies in advance.
9.05 for a highline TDI seems a very good deal to me, I bought the same comfortline variant for 9.22k with an April vin number, this 9,05 you got includes insurance and 0 depreciation right ?

Can you provide more details like showroom, location and price breakup so that we can get a better idea ?
Old 29th June 2016, 21:54   #3804
BHPian

I am trying to get the variant details for Polo GT 1.5TDI. Unfortunately, the VW ebrochure lists only the features but no reference to the equivalent variant from Polo. Input from GT owners will be appreciated.
Old 29th June 2016, 21:58   #3805
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
I am trying to get the variant details for Polo GT 1.5TDI. Unfortunately, the VW ebrochure lists only the features but no reference to the equivalent variant from Polo. Input from GT owners will be appreciated.
What variant features are you looking for? The GT has no other variant. There's only one for the TSI and TDI.

The e-brochure mentions everything AFAIK.
Old 30th June 2016, 09:08   #3806
BHPian

Quote:
The features mentioned in the GT variant are on top of the highline variant.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 09:14   #3807
BHPian

Just curious, why didn't you wait for the Ameo? I would ask you to see it in person before you think it doesn't look good. The extra boot space is practical and it may be cheaper than polo tdi when launched (diwali).
Old 30th June 2016, 10:40   #3808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
What variant features are you looking for? The GT has no other variant. There's only one for the TSI and TDI.
I agree too. GT is only one variant for TSI and TDI. But i am trying to understand if it has the features from standard Polo Highline.
Old 30th June 2016, 10:51   #3809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree too. GT is only one variant for TSI and TDI. But i am trying to understand if it has the features from standard Polo Highline.
As far as I know, GT variants, both TSI and TDI, have every feature of Highline variant and some more, such sports pedals, decals and all. If there is any recent change to this logic, then I am not aware.
Old 30th June 2016, 11:58   #3810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
As far as I know, GT variants, both TSI and TDI, have every feature of Highline variant and some more, such sports pedals, decals and all. If there is any recent change to this logic, then I am not aware.
You are right. Its highline + additional features you mentioned. There's also the GT badging, blackened orvm & spoilers and all black interior to go with the sport look.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks