Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2016, 14:34   #3856
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Hi Owners,
My first free check up of my car is due in next week. Wanted to know if the ASS does a good job regarding washing the car. Do they take proper precautions while washing the car i.e use clean MF cloth and good car shampoo ? I know I am being overly optimistic, just wanted to know your opinion before I conclude.
Old 14th September 2016, 15:13   #3857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post

Do they take proper precautions while washing the car i.e use clean MF cloth and good car shampoo ? I know I am being overly optimistic,
Seriously redcruiser, you really are buddy

Only VW India Showroom folks still feel to a large extent that they are selling Lambos/Ferraris/Astons. At times, even the A.S.S come around in a similar way, especially when they start charging premium for some silly stuff.

I have had a descent experience with respect to wash at VW service centres during the periodic maintenance.

If you really want to avoid anything, ensure:
- You refuse the wheel alignment/balancing
- You insist on not polishing the interiors as they tend to add polish to steering, glass, etc
- You specify that only the absolute necessary parts are serviced
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 15:50   #3858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Owners,
Do they take proper precautions while washing the car i.e use clean MF cloth and good car shampoo ?
If you love your car spare the wash at Service centres You will undersatnd once you see them in action. In case of VW even that is prohibited ( seeing the wash)

Suggest to do it at 3M!
Old 14th September 2016, 15:55   #3859
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Owners,
My first free check up of my car is due in next week. Wanted to know if the ASS does a good job regarding washing the car. Do they take proper precautions while washing the car i.e use clean MF cloth and good car shampoo ? I know I am being overly optimistic, just wanted to know your opinion before I conclude.
Nope, it is not a free check up. And remember to insist that only the specified part is serviced.

And the wash is as good or bad as any other company's A.S.S. The only difference I guess is that others don't charge for it, but VW costs a bomb. The choice is yours .
Old 14th September 2016, 16:27   #3860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
If you love your car spare the wash at Service centres You will undersatnd once you see them in action. In case of VW even that is prohibited ( seeing the wash)

Suggest to do it at 3M!
Thanks for your suggestion. I already have a 3M annual wash package. So
I think I will tell the service manager to not wash my car and if possible will stick couple of stickynotes writting "DONT WASH" on my car.
Old 15th September 2016, 22:08   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
This is the email I received today from Volkswagen Service Guwahati after I left feedback on VW website:

I sincerely believe Volkswagen is overcharging the amount by a mile. There is no way it can cost Rs 7500/- especially when scratch marks are there over an area of 15cm x 2cm. There is no visible dent. I wonder how they got the idea of a dent. And looks like paint is imported from some alien planet. This practice of looting customers is so rampant in Guwahati that even the Security Guard in their dealership tells me that people who had bought their vehicles are frustrated over their running costs and service/maintenance costs.

Having only a single dealership in the entire North East India makes sure that this particular dealership has a field day with the customers in overcharging and burning people's pants.
I'm curious to know if this has been independently confirmed that VW India uses water based or solvent based paint. I wanted to do some DIY repairs on my Vento and general opinion on this forum and this email from the Local dealer suggests water based. But this link indicates otherwise.

http://www.autocarpro.in/interview/-...tive-2012-5979

VW India director is quoted here.

Does the company use eco-friendly waterborne paints at the factory?
When Volkswagen plant operations had started, the infrastructure didn’t support water-based paints. Hence, we are using solvent-based paints and are evaluating the availability of waterborne paints in India in the future.
Old 19th September 2016, 11:06   #3862
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo Allstar to launch soon - this festive season.
Special-edition Polo likely to come with standard 1.2 petrol and 1.5 diesel engine options.

Quote:
The Polo Allstar for India will most likely come with standard petrol and diesel unit options, equipped with a manual gearbox. As far as equipment goes, the test-mule spied a few months ago had unique badging and an alloy-wheel design. Sources tell us Volkswagen will also introduce new paint shades with the Polo Allstar. The Ameo compact sedan’s Blue Silk shade will also be available on the Polo
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20160405011637_allstar1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th September 2016 at 11:11.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 22:08   #3863
BHPian

Will the Polo AllStar have a GT TSI version also? The GT bookings are now delayed and dealer says that there is an update to the car.
Old 22nd September 2016, 22:22   #3864
Senior - BHPian

Am glad that VW have equipped the all star editions with a rear disc brake, i can see the brake caliper jutting out in these photos. The Polo has good braking but with GT TDi and TSi, the rear drum brakes feel very inadequate, the kind of power both cars generate, the rear disc brakes should have been added long back. The alloys look great too.

Any other interior changes in these all star editions?
Old 29th September 2016, 19:21   #3865
BHPian

Fellow TBHP members,

This is regarding VW Polo 2011 steering. I have recently noticed a grinding sound when I turn the steering to the left. It is more or less similar to the one described in the video below.

[Video courtesy: corresponding channel owner]

I made a mention of this to the SA during the 5th year service @39000 on the odo. He mentioned that the steering column has to be replaced and attributed it to the LHS front strut issue and a steering rack issue. There is audible noise from the LHS front strut stub when driving on undulated roads which I think has got damaged due to bad roads. Altogether he quoted 83k INR for the repair. I did not get it changed as yet. The steering is pretty fine otherwise. Although I must say that it has become pretty light after the 4th service.

Any insights on how this can be dealt would be greatly appreciated.
Old 1st October 2016, 18:40   #3866
BHPian

Polo Allstar edition. Snaps taken at buddh circuit couple hours ago. Not many changes besides Allstar badges, new alloys, rear ac vents, blue silk color & grey/black interiors. Atleast there will be an option to get grey-black interiors / blue silk exterior on a highline variant now and rear ac vents could be helpful to many.

Apologies for such horrible quality pictures & missing the spec sheet on display (it was the polo petrol spec sheet). I was in a hurry and needed to get back to delhi before sunset as due to the fast taking it's toll on me.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-4.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-5.jpg  

Swarit19 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 21:13   #3867
Senior - BHPian

The biggest change I see is the arm rest and rear AC vents other than the new upholstery and alloys.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 21:21   #3868
Team-BHP Support

And the new shade of course. Looks like the silk blue shade on the Jetta.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 23:05   #3869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarit19 View Post
Polo Allstar edition. Not many changes besides Allstar badges, new alloys, rear ac vents, blue silk color & grey/black interiors. Atleast there will be an option to get grey-black interiors / blue silk exterior on a highline variant now and rear ac vents could be helpful to many.
How about rear disc brake? I can make out from the picture but can you confirm?
Old 1st October 2016, 23:11   #3870
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
How about rear disc brake? I can make out from the picture but can you confirm?
The rear have drums. Here's a brightened image from Picasa:

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg

Clearly there's no caliper visible.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks