Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2018, 18:43   #4036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TDI ownership log. Update: 140,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanks View Post
Has anyone got their battery changed in their polo? Is it okay to get it done from a place other than the service center?
I have never had a battery replace by a service centre. Local battery shop, or buy online and it gets delivered and fitted. I seem to remember that we have a thread about that.

Sometimes one needs a new battery there and then, out and about, and only the nearest battery shop can help you.

If a service centre told me that the battery was near the end of its life, but it hadn't given me any problems, I'd probably say, thanks, but let it get even nearer! Mind you, that sort of attitude is what has led me to needing those out-and-about replacements.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 21:05   #4037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I have never had a battery replace by a service centre. Local battery shop, or buy online and it gets delivered and fitted. I seem to remember that we have a thread about that.

Sometimes one needs a new battery there and then, out and about, and only the nearest battery shop can help you.

If a service centre told me that the battery was near the end of its life, but it hadn't given me any problems, I'd probably say, thanks, but let it get even nearer! Mind you, that sort of attitude is what has led me to needing those out-and-about replacements.
This VW service center gives me nightmares, there's been a complete breakdown of trust because of their antics. But thank you for your response. I'll get the battery replaced and get them to unlock my infotainment system because they claim battery depletion caused it. But I'm skeptical as to how when they did a 90km service and checked the battery just a little over a month ago, that this came to past. The troc looks promising, but until Vw gets it ASS and ownership experience and treatment improved, i will think a thousand times before getting another VAG car.
Old 7th October 2018, 22:49   #4038
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanks View Post
... ... ... until Vw gets it ASS and ownership experience and treatment improved, i will think a thousand times before getting another VAG car.
It's very sad that we hear this from a lot of people. I'm pleased to say that my experience has been ok, and, now my warranty has expired I'll probably go independent anyway. But every VW customer's experience should be ok. Even more than OK, as they try to project a premium image. Plainly, that is not the case.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 22:53   #4039

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
It's very sad that we hear this from a lot of people. I'm pleased to say that my experience has been ok, and, now my warranty has expired I'll probably go independent anyway. But every VW customer's experience should be ok. Even more than OK, as they try to project a premium image. Plainly, that is not the case.
They keep taking about india 2.0 and developing mqb-a0-in and what not. At the risk of repetition, unless trust can be established at the dealership level, as great ad their build quality may be, and as premium as their interiors maybe, there's no point.

Normally you send your car to the authorised service centre thinking you can trust them, and they won't betray you, but this particular one has just exhausted every iota of trust.

Guess my next car will have to be without a flat bottomed steering wheel.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th October 2018 at 09:36. Reason: Smileys - 2 per post. Thanks.
Tanks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 09:06   #4040
BHPian

Guys, now that the existing Polo has now been around for over 8 years, any idea when or whether the new generation Polo is on the cards?
Spending over 10 lacs today on a Polo today doesn't seem to be the wisest decision.
I haven't been able to get any concrete intel from the internet either.
Old 10th October 2018, 10:13   #4041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Guys, now that the existing Polo has now been around for over 8 years, any idea when or whether the new generation Polo is on the cards?
Spending over 10 lacs today on a Polo today doesn't seem to be the wisest decision.
I haven't been able to get any concrete intel from the internet either.
My guess is that even if VW was to launch a new version of Polo, it might just be a mild facelift with some cosmetic changes. With BS-VI on the pipeline in India, I think a completely new version of Polo might not be on the cards now. Also, the new version of international Polo might not come to India due to the sub-4 meter tax regulation in India. Just my 2 cents..
Old 16th October 2018, 19:39   #4042
Senior - BHPian

Folks

A friend of mine is retiring in a few months at Vizag and is planning to sell his 4 year old Polo Petrol (middle version). It is in very good condition and has around 24 k kms on the odo.

How much can he expect for it? And in case I need to replace my ageing WagonR, what should I look out for? And how much FE can I expect in Hyderabad? My WagonR gives me around 11 kmpl in the city.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th October 2018, 10:21   #4043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
4 year old Polo Petrol (middle version). It is in very good condition and has around 24 k kms on the odo.
How much can he expect for it? And in case I need to replace my ageing WagonR, what should I look out for? And how much FE can I expect in Hyderabad?
I believe nothing major can go wrong in a manual petrol Polo. Going by the mileage fo 24K in 4 years, I think the wear and tear also should not be too much (but again it depends on how it was driven and maintained). The FE in the city would hover anywhere between 10-14 based on traffic conditions.
As for the price, you can check a few websites (like orange book value, etc) which might give you some idea. I remember seeing a link to that somewhere in team-bhp.
samcan123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 05:15   #4044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A friend of mine is retiring in a few months at Vizag and is planning to sell his 4 year old Polo Petrol (middle version). It is in very good condition and has around 24 k kms on the odo.
If it's 2014, it makes a difference whether it was pre or post facelift.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 15:31   #4045
BHPian

I have a query regarding the AC direction controls in my Polo. It has basically four targeted air flows -
1. Windscreen
2. Face and trunk of the body
3. Towards the footwell for the legs
4. Windscreen + Footwell both

My question is, is it okay to position the knob midway between two "targets" as shown below in the pic ? I am doing this since yesterday to get the air flow to my face as well as legs. Is it fine to do this or this damages the knob in the long run ?

Pic for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20181028_123738__01.jpg  

vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 03:24   #4046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
My question is, is it okay to position the knob midway between two "targets" as shown below in the pic ?
This getting a bit of both. I have done this in cars over the years, and it never occurred to me that it might cause any harm.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 05:28   #4047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My question is, is it okay to position the knob midway between two "targets" as shown below in the pic ?
Great idea! I always used to constantly swap between the two without realizing the knob could be kept halfway!

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 29th October 2018 at 05:30.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 09:56   #4048
BHPian

Quote:
This getting a bit of both. I have done this in cars over the years, and it never occurred to me that it might cause any harm.
Thank you Yes, getting that bit of both is a huge relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Great idea! I always used to constantly swap between the two without realizing the knob could be kept halfway!
We Indians are good at jugaad, aren't we ? I was just trying to find a way out to have the cooled air flow all over my body including feet and came up with this.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 10:07   #4049
BHPian

Quote:
I have a query regarding the AC direction controls in my Polo. It has basically four targeted air flows -
1. Windscreen
2. Face and trunk of the body
3. Towards the footwell for the legs
4. Windscreen + Footwell both

My question is, is it okay to position the knob midway between two "targets" as shown below in the pic ? I am doing this since yesterday to get the air flow to my face as well as legs. Is it fine to do this or this damages the knob in the long run ?
The space between the two targets is meant for combining outlets as required. You can adjust it to direct more flow towards face, less towards fott or vice versa. No harm will be done.

I have used it for almost 8 years that way.
CANPUSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 19:16   #4050
BHPian

Guys, the MID figures in my car ( VW Polo 1.2 Petrol ) are so misleading these days. Even after driving only 5 kms in the city traffic b2b , the "approximate distance that can be covered in the given amount of fuel" drops by 20-25 kms. Say, it has started at 200 kms, after I drive 5 kms, it now says 175 kms !! I am sure something is wrong in the MID. Did anyone else ever experience the same ? How did you get this annoying issue solved ?

Last edited by vivek95 : 6th November 2018 at 19:17.

Most Viewed