Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2023, 13:41   #4156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

It's funny that you sold the XUV due to maintenance headaches and then went and bought a 10 year old discontinued polo. I'm starting to think you just had your heart set on a polo and was looking for an excuse to get rid of the XUV :P

Life is short, hope you have a blast with the polo.
Cresterk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 22:55   #4157

Re: 6-month review of my VW Polo 1.2 Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I hadnt read your thread earlier during the buying process, else I would have whole heartedly recommended you the 1.6 Petrol.

It addresses all the complaints from the 1.2 Petrol. I have one and its absolutely smoking!
I tested a 1.6 from 2011. It definitely was a beauty of an engine, but the moment we got out from a 10 min drive, it started smoking. I saw that as a red flag and quit on that idea. Plus the interiors of the later versions is better.
Old 11th February 2023, 22:59   #4158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
It's funny that you sold the XUV due to maintenance headaches and then went and bought a 10 year old discontinued polo. I'm starting to think you just had your heart set on a polo and was looking for an excuse to get rid of the XUV :P

Life is short, hope you have a blast with the polo.
I hate to admit that fact, to be honest. Because the XUV was a peach of a car as well, despite its maintenance issues.
Old 13th February 2023, 19:22   #4159
BHPian

Re: 6-month review of my VW Polo 1.2 Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayank Tumbre View Post
I love this little blue machine. You won’t be able to find one thing it is perfect at, but still it has a different sort of character. If you treat it as a machine, you will make a mile long list of flaws. But if you treat it as the loveable little creature that it is, you will instantly forget all these minor faults. I may have groaned about some of its flaws above, but that is because I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible in this review. If you talk to me, in person, and list the same issues I have mentioned here, I will argue and call these flaws irrelevant until I have won the argument.
I have the same generation polo but in candy white shade, this shade of blue was my favorite among the colours available, but family preference made me get the white instead. Volkswagen launched some different shades of blue after that, but yours remain my favorite till now. Happy miles ahead.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 11:30   #4160

Hey all,
Did VW update the ecu for wipers on polos and ventos? I distinctly remember my 2021 1.0 TSI polo not being able to lift the wipers unless i put it in service position, it would hit the bonnet panel. But now it lifts up without any issue… any idea what might have happened?
Apolo4409 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 11:42   #4161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolo4409 View Post
Hey all,
Did VW update the ecu for wipers on polos and ventos? I distinctly remember my 2021 1.0 TSI polo not being able to lift the wipers unless i put it in service position, it would hit the bonnet panel. But now it lifts up without any issue… any idea what might have happened?
VW has changed the driver side wiper arm so it lifts without engaging the service position. This happened some time during the 2019 facelift.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 18:53   #4162
BHPian

Does anyone have details of this vw OE spares provider in Pune? Searching for a valve cover for my Polo tdi in Kochi. Vw has increased its price to 37000INR in other words execution by Nitrogen. If any one has any details of OE suppliers please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks