Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 08:45   #691
Senior - BHPian

Congrats hpzone on Polo. Let Polo owner's tribe grow.How is the delivery situation in Kochi? Did you witness any other deliveries?
but share the question Xingy is having; how come on road price be so less?
@Mpower can't agree more. their key fob on highline is a beauty.

Last edited by poloman : 26th March 2010 at 08:48.
Old 26th March 2010, 08:50   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Congrats hpzone on Polo. Let Polo owner's tribe grow.
but share the question Xingy is having; how come on road price be so less.
Bro, the price differential in Delhi is even lesser.
4.34L + 11K + 32K = 4.77L
Old 26th March 2010, 08:55   #693
Senior - BHPian

Khan, But Kerala taxes are not that less. Here is the key fob of a international Polo. The indian one also looks much similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-po2822_2009_galerie.jpg  

Old 26th March 2010, 08:55   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Central locking: You can reach all four doors from the driver's seat!

Thats what I figured too, when I got the base model Spark. But its lack is felt, one has to remember to open the doors for all passengers every time you set off. And to make sure they are locked when all have left the car, by staying in the car till then. So I got an after market one installed, one without a remote opening, and it serves very well, the remote can be easily lived without. Lack of power windows, now I have never felt that need, seeing that they are only rolled down at tolling booths. So the manual windows work well, and one less thing to breakdown!
Actually on a car as wide as the Polo is, what will be missed more are electric ORVMs - stretching out to adjust the left side one can be a pain, its ok in the Spark because the car is narrow enough to not make it too much of a stretch.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:28   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Is there any possibility to increase the insulation on the petrol Polo? The engine noise is fairly audible in the cabin and the irritating part is that the 3 - pot pitar - pater sounds like a diesel clutter( & I'm not exaggerating!). If we can get some more insulation in the engine bay, then the Polo makes sense, as you don't want anyone else ask you that ''Is this a diesel? ''.
If not I will surely wait for 1.6 hot - hatch , as this engine will surely match Polo's characters. And it will be decent on mileage as the bigger Jetta returns 9.5 in city and around 15.5 on highway, expect better from Polo.
"Is this a diesel?" - This is exactly the question my brother asked me on the Test Drive! Yeah, the pitter - patter is not an exaggeration - I too can vouch for that.

"And, can we get some more insulation in the engine bay?" - Again, exactly the question I asked the Dealer.

He asked me to write to the VW about the slightly annoying nature of the pitter-patter. "May be," the Salesperson said,"VW might just decide to add it in!"

As for the 1.6 engine - Boy, u bet that's going to be beauty. Infact, I enquired about that too. I was informed that the price announcement on the 1.6 can be expected in May. The rough range he indicated for the same was around 7.5 on road in Hyderabad.
And if it does come in at this price range - I would seriously consider upgrading to the 1.6 (In anycase my waiting period is till June!).

Quote:
Is Diesel Polo also available for test drive?
Nope! The diesel polo is not available for TD. Have driven the Diesel variants of the Figo and the Ritz.

Last edited by Dippy : 26th March 2010 at 13:40. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:33   #696
Senior - BHPian

Soundmaniac, Do you have any mail id of VW customer care?
Old 26th March 2010, 12:06   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Khan, But Kerala taxes are not that less.
Price list from EVM Motors (Cochin):

Old 26th March 2010, 12:15   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Soundmaniac, Do you have any mail id of VW customer care?
Looked around on the website - couldn't find one.

We have toll free numbers and snail mail addresses listed - but strangely no email!
Old 26th March 2010, 12:19   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac View Post
Looked around on the website - couldn't find one.

We have toll free numbers and snail mail addresses listed - but strangely no email!
There is an online contact form listed here:
Write to Us
Old 26th March 2010, 12:38   #700
BHPian

Thanks a lot for all your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Congrats on the Polo delivery... would wait for the ownership thread ! Did you manage to 'push' the petrol engine during the Test Drive ? ...Im still not convinced whether a three pot engine is a good idea in the first place ...concerns around immediate performance & overall shelf life of the engine!

- B4W

I never had chance for the test drive. No test drive car in Cochin after about 10 deliveries and 150 bookings. I think it is ready this week.

People trust VW so much, better they deliver. I am very happy with the buying experience so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Parking sensors? On a Polo??

Congrats anyway! If you were in Delhi, we could've had a joint photo shoot of the two cars.
Looking forward to some snaps of the Stanley cover job.
My wife will be driving 90% of the time. Upgrading from Alto she think its a big car, hence parking sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoluv View Post
Congrats hpzone! When had you booked it?
Thanks for pricing info on the accessories.
Is the remote lock similar to the one on the Highline where you can roll up/down the windows?
And floor mats are of rubber?
No way, remote is aftermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Is this official VW accesory or aftermarket? Their remotes and keys are very good looking. Would like to see a pic
no official VW accessory for POLO available in showrooms, yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Congrats man! Finally!

Ownership report plus plenty of interior and exterior pics are a must.

Cheers!
Sure will be done this weekend

Quote:
Congrats hpzone on Polo. Let Polo owner's tribe grow.How is the delivery situation in Kochi? Did you witness any other deliveries?
but share the question Xingy is having; how come on road price be so less?
@Mpower can't agree more. their key fob on highline is a beauty.
Original keys looks fab, mine is not as good as this.

Quote:
Khan, But Kerala taxes are not that less. Here is the key fob of a international Polo. The indian one also looks much similar.
Price list for Kerala has posted many times in this tread
Old 26th March 2010, 12:39   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
There is an online contact form listed here:
Write to Us
yeah! checked that too - but it does not have space for any subjective comments / suggestions. It just gives out our contact details - then may be VW will get in touch with us.
Old 26th March 2010, 12:43   #702
BHPian

@ Polo man and Hpzone ,

congrats on your purchase and Booking . @ Hpzone , the waiting would be killing isnt it , anyways hope it would be shorter than expected

@ Poloman , are you planning to upgrade the tyres and Rims? Alloys would make the polo much more a killer what say ?
Old 26th March 2010, 13:37   #703
Senior - BHPian

Soundmaniac, This is exactly my problem. No where i could find any email id.Snail mail in 2010. No response from the Write to us link either.
rejoycjohn, mine is a highline, No question of any upgrade to rims or tyres.
khan, these are prices before budget, right?. May be hpzone got it at pre budget price.
One thing VW deserves appreciation. They are not using delivery cars for test drive to boost the sales. Prefering to wait for designated demo cars.

Last edited by poloman : 26th March 2010 at 13:46.
Old 26th March 2010, 14:06   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Soundmaniac, This is exactly my problem. No where i could find any email id.Snail mail in 2010. No response from the Write to us link either.
May be we require a Mustang from VW here...

Do we not have anyone from VW a la Mustang from ford here? And if don't have anyone(from VW in this forum) then can someone (from Team BHP) not get someone (from VW)?
Old 26th March 2010, 14:56   #705
BHPian

Quote:
same thing happened to me, I wanted to know about availability of colors and request for Under bonnet covering for highline petrol. But theres no email address, have to fill up the form. I did it twice but till date no one has contacted or replied me with anything So I decided to call the phone numbers which they provided. Offcourse they are very very kindly on phone, but what about the info which I asked, any straight response NO.

I asked them about color availability, but the girl kept repeating that there are only 3 colors available (yaaa I know that), she didnt seem to understand my query properly I guess, but after lot of explanation
she says, oh the other colors, well they would be available later (yaa I know that),
but when??
in future sir (I guess I need to call some astrologer)

Next I asked her about the covering under bonnet to suppress engine noise. She listened patiently (without a clue) and transferred me to some other guy. This guy again listens patiently and says we will get back to you. Hmmm didnt find it convincing. Lets wait for the call.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks