Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 22:01   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
the VW Polo is rear wheeldrive,ryt? i mean thats what i read in this months Car India magazine
Polo is RWD?? Thats news!
Old 28th March 2010, 00:46   #722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Polo is RWD?? Thats news!
Polo is a front wheel drive car, He is pointing out mistake by CAR India.
Old 28th March 2010, 07:54   #723
BHPian

POLO 1.2 HL diesel . 8.10L OTR Bangalore..
IMO this is insane
Old 28th March 2010, 09:05   #724
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a white Polo on the road yesterday. Absolutely understated yet catchy looks. The kind I used to admire in un-bangled BMWs.

If I had the money I would have a white Polo and a red Punto on my garage just as showpieces
Old 28th March 2010, 12:01   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
POLO 1.2 HL diesel . 8.10L OTR Bangalore..
IMO this is insane
Insane? You mean the price? or is it my choice? Can you explain?
Also, with available Polo diesel variants, do you have any other suggestion?
Anything in detail is welcome.
Old 28th March 2010, 14:11   #726
Senior - BHPian

Visited the West Delhi VW showroom yesterday to hand in a few documents for the polo. They had a red Polo on the display with side skirts and spoiler, the car looked good but the ground clearance definitely went low. They quoted 82k for the additional side skirts and spoiler.

On asking, why the price is so high, the sales person replied, "Sir, these are being imported". Didnt bother to argue on facts, was in a hurry!
Old 28th March 2010, 18:16   #727
BHPian

82K for side skirts, holy ravioli, this is Insane! Any idea how the diesel polo is faring against the Swft and particularly the brilliant Punto?

Last edited by windiesel : 28th March 2010 at 18:22.
Old 28th March 2010, 19:22   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
The car has barely been out in the market and I have already seen a few awesome looking polos. There is a Red one in BAndra with Some awesome 17 inch polished silver rims on it which stands outside Yokos, a black one seen on Carter road with AWESOME 5 spoke Black rims which looked like they were 16 inchers, and a white one with the black and chrome lip combination seen frequently at dadar.

Unluckily, havent been able to take pictures of any of these yet. But Will get the pics of the red car soon.

If anyone else has any pics, please let them pour right in!!

Hey I saw that one parked rightoutside my shop @ Motimahal signal, the young lady was here for an appointment at Glory I guess.Must say the car looked awesome with those new mag wheels and black film.wish I had a camera then.

By the way guys, I did take a TD on 24th March.Downtown Motors,Prabhadevi. The SP was nice to speak to and accompanied me for a TD.Well he learnt that day that the rear view mirror could be closed both ways. The red looked smashing, obviously the german engineering at panels was clear sign of it. Somehow I haven't been impressed by the door thud as compared to i20's.wonder if anyone else agrees/noticed the same.all the way to Sasmira junction U turn and back.Checkbook in hand I was sure I am buying one.NAH, didnt feel, the ride was upto the mark.All that I had expected from VW.Yup the rumble at start, the empty bay, the rear space the high clutch all added up to the nah.I am a big fan of theirs but at almost 7 lacs (highline onroad) it aint worth the money . You could have seen the disappointment on my face.Havent missed one comment out of 726 so far on this thread. I took another TD to convince myself that I am here to buy this one and maybe I am missing out something, but the mind said a big NO : (
I guess, will wait for VW stable to get bigger before I choose one.By the way they (downtown) said, all colors are available for August delivery.SP said that they cant help as 35-40 cars have been promised by VW per month and they have sold 100 yet.Hence the delivery schedule.with a heavy heart, I left.Only to step in next door at Arya Motors for a TD of Honda city and decided that I am having the S-MT(silver) : )
Old 28th March 2010, 20:30   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
82K for side skirts, holy ravioli, this is Insane! Any idea how the diesel polo is faring against the Swft and particularly the brilliant Punto?
The diesel Polo isn't even available for a test drive, let alone buy one so it's a bit premature to start comparisons.
There seems to be some confusion here - 82K for side skirts seems a bit wrong.
Old 28th March 2010, 20:38   #730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
The diesel Polo isn't even available for a test drive, let alone buy one so it's a bit premature to start comparisons.
IMO if Honda can charge 20k for each skirt, I think VW can too!
Old 28th March 2010, 22:33   #731
Senior - BHPian

horabonny, It is quite perplexing that you found i20 having better thud or build quality than Polo. This is purely subjective since build quality is one of the selling points of Polo.Same thoughts on ride quality. Empty engine, bay, high clutch etc can only be seen as too much of a nit picking to reject a car for which you had carried a check. I am not sure how much you are impressed with build and ride quality of ANHC since no details are given.But I respect your decision.

Last edited by poloman : 28th March 2010 at 22:36.
Old 28th March 2010, 23:47   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
I agree...I was told 50K for skirting on the red polo ! think i mentioned that on Polo ownership thread too!
Old 29th March 2010, 11:37   #733
BHPian

Yeah, if you try the car configurator on the Volkswagen India website and build your own Polo, it will show you the price of each accessory. The side skirts were around Rs 55K, if I remember correctly.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:43   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
horabonny, It is quite perplexing that you found i20 having better thud or build quality than Polo. This is purely subjective since build quality is one of the selling points of Polo.Same thoughts on ride quality. Empty engine, bay, high clutch etc can only be seen as too much of a nit picking to reject a car for which you had carried a check. I am not sure how much you are impressed with build and ride quality of ANHC since no details are given.But I respect your decision.
Hi poloman, trust me I was as confused and disturbed while noticing these.But then your own ears and eyes one trusts.No, I won't doubt their build quality,their paint finish at all.Its just the thud is not as heavy or nice to hear as i20's, since we have one in family.But the high clutch is gonna be a problem in the kind of traffic I drive in Mumbai to work (that's my own personal problem).I have driven their polo,golf,bora(now jetta) and fox in Spain for long.Though the polo was older generation.I dont really have words but its similar to GTO's TD summary.All's great but then somethings missing.

Its also possible stuyding this car for the past 6 months and knowing the negative points have been playing a role in my subconscious mind unknowingly.I had sold my zen in Dec and have been waiting for this one since then (civic and i20 within the family), and when you drive it...feels that its not carrying the weight of its badge, which honestly I am proud of since childhood.Anyways will be following up with the owners very closely to see if my opinion indeed had gone wrong.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:34   #735
BHPian

Okay, I have finally got the receipt for the entire sports kit as well as the price list for all Polo-related accessories. Here's what I have paid up for my Polo:

Front underbody sports skirting - 13,715
Side skirting (both sides) - 19,635
Rear underbody sports skirting - 14,665
Rear wing spoiler - 12,278
Chrome tipped exhaust pipe - 4,095
Adhesive kit (mandatory purchase) - 1,641
Total paid for the entire kit in primed condition - 66,029

The kit is expected to arrive at the dealership next week. Add anywhere from 1 to 5 days for them to paint it up and affix the parts to my car.

I've attached a PDF of the price list that I got from the GM of the dealership I bought my Polo from.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Polo_accessories_price_list.pdf (19.8 KB, 4485 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks