Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 14:48   #736
Senior - BHPian

khan75, Any idea whether the chrome tipped exhaust kit can be fitted with out the body kit. AFIK the exhaust pipe/tip of Polo is concealed inside, that is why the question.
Old 29th March 2010, 15:00   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
khan75, Any idea whether the chrome tipped exhaust kit can be fitted with out the body kit. AFIK the exhaust pipe/tip of Polo is concealed inside, that is why the question.
You don't need the body kit to fit the exhaust tip. However, if I'm not mistaken, the rear bumper does not have a cut out for the exhaust tip so you'll have to dismount the rear bumper and do the job yourself or take it to a good modding shop. I had done it for one of my previous cars where I wanted to fit a dual exhaust and it took about 2 hours to measure, mark the outline of the pipe on the bumper, cut it with a dremel and sand it. The bumper plastic is kinda soft.

If you don't know what you're doing, it's better to just take it to any reliable shop.
Old 29th March 2010, 15:16   #738
BHPian

@Khan, as the kit is going to be primed, do you have to shell out additional money for painting?? or is the dealer bearing it on his side?? how about the installation charges?? waiting eagerly to see the modded beauty
Old 29th March 2010, 16:42   #739
Senior - BHPian

Khan, did you have a chance to look at the mats mentioned in the accessories list, specially the premium textile mat for 2955. Also pardon my ignorance, why is the sun blind or glare protection costing do much.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:01   #740
BHPian

It seems like India is going to be the market where the mighty VW Polo is going to eat humble pie! 82000 for skirts! I bet Marilyn Monroe's were cheaper.......
Old 29th March 2010, 23:36   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Khan, did you have a chance to look at the mats mentioned in the accessories list, specially the premium textile mat for 2955. Also pardon my ignorance, why is the sun blind or glare protection costing do much.
Haven't looked at the mats yet, simply because my dealership hasn't got a single accessory, let alone the floor mat. Guess they're too busy making money off new car sales. I did receive a set of 3rd party mats that are pretty flimsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
It seems like India is going to be the market where the mighty VW Polo is going to eat humble pie! 82000 for skirts! I bet Marilyn Monroe's were cheaper.......
Guess you haven't read the last couple of posts. If you want just the side skirts, they're 19,635. In any case, the total for the entire kit is a shade over 66k.
If you think prices in India are a rip off, what would say to VW UK that charge 295 pounds for parking sensors (!!!) and 225 quid for fog lights.
Side skirtings from 3rd party tuners for sports cars (such as the Cayman) can easily run into 3 to 4 thousand bucks (and that's dollars, not INR).
Yes, who wouldn't want to save money but then this is probably one of the few areas for the dealers to earn massive moolah. If you want something cheaper, there's always the DIY route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
@Khan, as the kit is going to be primed, do you have to shell out additional money for painting?? or is the dealer bearing it on his side?? how about the installation charges?? waiting eagerly to see the modded beauty
I'm guessing the charges for the paint and installation will be borne by the dealer since they haven't mentioned anything about that yet. I certainly won't pay a penny for installation since I can do that myself.
The official VW accessories document that I had attached earlier mentions that "octroi and additional expenses wherever applicable shall be borne by the dealer".

Last edited by khan75 : 29th March 2010 at 23:41.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:33   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
If you think prices in India are a rip off, what would say to VW UK that charge 295 pounds for parking sensors (!!!) and 225 quid for fog lights.
Side skirtings from 3rd party tuners for sports cars (such as the Cayman) can easily run into 3 to 4 thousand bucks (and that's dollars, not INR).
You cannot convert currencies and compare prices (of anything) that way. Otherwise 250gm of Bhindi would cost nearly 250INR!! (£2 in Tesco, UK, 2005)

What is made FOR India should cost also the same. Thats what localisation is meant for. Otherwise why wouldn't someone just import a European spec Polo if thats the price they are paying for anyway?
Old 30th March 2010, 20:11   #743
BHPian

A Levis costs $40 in the US, 2000 in India.
A decent apartment in Frisco/LA costs $1000pm; a comparable one in Mumbai/Delhi costs 50K.
Some things are comparable.

Why buy a Polo then anyway? A UK spec Polo that's comparable to the Highline sold here costs 13K quid or roughly 8.8L INR. The Indian spec Polo is barely cheaper and actually misses out on some stuff.

I'm not trying to justify the costs of these accessories and wholeheartedly agree that some of the stuff is absurdly priced but you can't just show your "India" tag and expect that everyone will reduce prices to a rock bottom level.

Anyways, let's get off this debate on price parity and move on to the original topic.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:15   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
You cannot convert currencies and compare prices (of anything) that way. Otherwise 250gm of Bhindi would cost nearly 250INR!! (£2 in Tesco, UK, 2005)
LOL. With the recent veg prices inflation in India and recession in UK, I am sure the difference would have reduced drastically by now as far as bhindi prices are concerned;-}
Old 30th March 2010, 21:09   #745
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any updates on the sales figures of Polo till date. Even in our forum we only saw two good ownership review.
Or did I miss any of them?
Old 30th March 2010, 21:51   #746
BHPian

Two? Who's the other guy? I know someone else picked up a Polo TL (or CL) last week but hasn't posted a review yet.

The GM at my dealership says they've delivered about 50 till date and more than one half of them are TLs. Red is the most popular color.

Last edited by khan75 : 30th March 2010 at 21:52.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:31   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Two? Who's the other guy? I know someone else picked up a Polo TL (or CL) last week but hasn't posted a review yet.

The GM at my dealership says they've delivered about 50 till date and more than one half of them are TLs. Red is the most popular color.
Well even I remember reading that someone else picked up one, anyway well, if around 500-600 for a niche market is pretty good score. Considering the fact that they deserve a premium status.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:43   #748
BHPian

my dealer in Kolhapur says they have 150 plus bookings, Pune dealer says 270 plus bookings, but they are not telling any delivery figures. My SP admits that there is a very large gap between demand and supply. With the launch of diesel it is only slated to get worse I am just praying that I get mine as scheduled in 3rd week of may. Guys which color do you think I should go for? Silver or Red ???
Old 30th March 2010, 22:49   #749
BHPian

Of course, there's bound to a difference. My dealer is quoting wait times of over 2.5 months for anyone who books a petrol or diesel Polo right now so the orders are just building up.

If you intend to invest some time (and money) in maintaining that brand new "showroom" look, there's nothing better than a bright red or blue to showoff that wet paint effect.

However, if you don't take care of it enough or expose the car to harsh sunlight for long periods of time every day, the non-metallic Flash Red will be prone to fading over time. In that case, get the Reflex Silver metallic shade which will hide the dust and dirt better.

Edit: Are you getting the petrol CL?

@xingamazon: It's 50, not 500.

Last edited by khan75 : 30th March 2010 at 22:52.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:55   #750
BHPian

ya silver is a low maintenance color, plus with gun metal finish for alloys (after market treatment) and smoked headlamps, it would look great. I have booked a HL, primarily because of airbags and ABS. Apart from that I dont see the premium you pay for HL is worth, whats your say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks