Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 16:51   #766
Senior - BHPian

I feel VW is going to be in overdrive mode only after the diesel launch. So long they have been soft pedaling with a muted petrol launch.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:59   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
It doesn't attract just the opposite sex, but all kinds of weirdos - wannabe MF Hussains who think red would form a good backdrop of canvas to their very own Mona Lisa, hijras who think the owners of red cars are rich or something and refuse to leave me alone, and bikers who feel zapped by the color and are awoken from their slumber after their bike seemingly taps the car somewhere. I see it happen all the time.

So has anyone else taken delivery of a Polo or am I destined to be the only guy to provide updates on here?
The only option I gave to my brother while booking the Polo was Red, it was take it or leave it. Polo looks the best in Red, I have so far seen 3 Polos on the road and all three were RED.

Do you mind updating us till end of May, I can take the charge there after .

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2010 at 15:25. Reason: Hey, please don't type your entire post in BOLD. Corrected.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:39   #768
BHPian

I have been accompanying some of my friends to the VW Polo test drive. The local dealer says 7 painful weeks waiting period.

What is the Availability status in other cities? Will cities nearer to Pune benefit?
Old 31st March 2010, 20:53   #769
BHPian

VW Polo Price Lists Citiwise

Herewith the Kolkata Price List (Delivery for Petrol Variant = 7 weeks as at 31 March 2010)
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-image3.jpg
And reproducing the Cochin Pricelist from earlier posts.

Other cities may be appended after reproducing the above two for everyones convenience, alongwith Availability Status.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:22   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Does anyone have any updates on the sales figures of Polo till date. Even in our forum we only saw two good ownership review.
Or did I miss any of them?
Quote:
Two? Who's the other guy? I know someone else picked up a Polo TL (or CL) last week but hasn't posted a review yet.

The GM at my dealership says they've delivered about 50 till date and more than one half of them are TLs. Red is the most popular color.
The VW dealer in pune told me that more than 1200 Polo's are booked till date (20-03-2010). Most of them are Red and White mostly TL's as of now (20-03-2010) have delivered and 50 CL's and 18 HL's. HL's has long waiting list and the HL's will be delivered in June only. I have also booked a HL 1.2 Petrol Polo (Pearl Black) and the waiting period for my sweety is about 3 months. Waiting and Waiting and Waiting.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:42   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
I have been accompanying some of my friends to the VW Polo test drive. The local dealer says 7 painful weeks waiting period.

What is the Availability status in other cities? Will cities nearer to Pune benefit?
Whoaa...7 weeks.. painful ?? which city is this ?
Last checked, in Delhi the waiting period is close to 3-4 months.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:48   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Whoaa...7 weeks.. painful ?? which city is this ?
Last checked, in Delhi the waiting period is close to 3-4 months.
Oops I missed the location.

Its 7 weeks waiting in Kolkata. And 8 weeks waiting in Hyderabad (though the dealer representative said just now at 9:40 pm that they are under-committing and vehicle may be available in 5 weeks if the logistics work well) He further clarified that Dealer Offered Insurance is not Mandatory and old car's insurance can be transferred with NCB. The Ex showroom price of Trendline at Hyderabad INR 4.49 lacs with 12% Lifetime Tax (15 Years) that comes to INR 53,880

Note: The Road Tax mentioned in the Kolkata pricelist is for 5 years duration.

The Gurgaon dealership Manager's number as published in their website is being picked up by some Lady in Ghaziabad.

So could not find the status there.

Last edited by btirthankar : 31st March 2010 at 21:54.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:31   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
The Gurgaon dealership Manager's number as published in their website is being picked up by some Lady in Ghaziabad.
Was there a couple of days ago to accompany a friend who picked up a white Polo HL.
3 months for the petrol version at the earliest; June for the diesel.
Black, blue and grey are expected to be available on the petrol versions from June onward.

Demand is so great that they even sold the display car (white CL). There is just one TD car (white HL) parked outside that doubles up for display.

Outstanding orders (bookings) at VW Gurgaon: Petrol-150, Diesel-25
Deliveries-15-20 (As of last week)

Last edited by khan75 : 31st March 2010 at 22:34.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:37   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was there a couple of days ago to accompany a friend who picked up a white Polo HL.
3 months for the petrol version at the earliest; June for the diesel.
Black, blue and grey are expected to be available on the petrol versions from June onward.

Demand is so great that they even sold the display car (white CL). There is just one TD car (white HL) parked outside that doubles up for display.

Outstanding orders (bookings) at VW Gurgaon: Petrol-150, Diesel-25
Deliveries-15-20 (As of last week)
Those sales figures are really good numbers. 15-20 deliveries per dealer per week. should traslate to 20*10*4 = 800 odd cars per month.

This is good sales figures by VW being a premium brand.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:51   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Those sales figures are really good numbers. 15-20 deliveries per dealer per week. should traslate to 20*10*4 = 800 odd cars per month.

This is good sales figures by VW being a premium brand.
Err, you're a bit mistaken.

I was talking about 15-20 deliveries as of last week, or in other words, till date. Certainly nowhere close to 800 cars per month.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Polo has clocked only about 1K deliveries across the nation till now.
Old 1st April 2010, 22:33   #776
Senior - BHPian

Any update on the ARAI certified efficiency of Polo diesel?
Old 1st April 2010, 22:40   #777
Senior - BHPian

VW Polo adjudged World car of the year (WCOTY)
wcoty.com | World Car of the Year Awards
Old 2nd April 2010, 00:51   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
VW Polo adjudged World car of the year (WCOTY)
wcoty.com | World Car of the Year Awards
I am glad they released that information on the 1st of April. Just goes to show that a car which really doesn't push the envelope in anything, gets to win due to a lack of competition. For Pete's sake, they had the Kia Soul in the shortlist. Happy April Fool's day everyone.

What is worse, is that the version in India is a poor cousin. Before people with "Polo" in their id's jump up, let me say that in-spite of this, I consider the Polo to be a close second best looking hatch in India (Punto being my favourite, but I can understand if someone prefers the Polo's looks)
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:05   #779
Senior - BHPian

Mr. A just told me that VW is hard at work tweaking its TDI engine for improved NVH and driveability before commercially launching the car sometime in mid to end may.
Hope that a second road test makes it an improved car to drive.
Old 2nd April 2010, 15:35   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Any update on the ARAI certified efficiency of Polo diesel?
Also official "Power and Torque development graph" for the Diesel Polo will be very nice to analyse.

Most Viewed