Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 15:22   #916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
So far we have two Polos on Team BHP and not even a single niggle or issue is being reported.
Make that three Polos. I got mine last week and no issues so far. Havent found time to start a new thread but will do so as soon as possible.
The only grudge that I have is related to the genuine VW Tyvek body cover which I got from the dealer. The thing is it is short and does not cover the front fender completely will post pictures later. When I brought this up with the dealer he was courteous enough and contacted factory, the explanation he got was that the protruding chin on the fender is the reason they have kept it short on purpose to prevent it from getting torn. I find that hard to digest and beleive it is a faulty design.He said that he had forwarded the feedbak to the factory and would update me as and when he got a solution.If anyone else is planning on buying the cover they might want to test it at the showroom itself before purchasing.
Old 9th April 2010, 15:45   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Only time will tell!
Old 9th April 2010, 15:57   #918
Senior - BHPian

Logical, Did you buy any other accessories from the dealer? I am interested in knowing about the floor mats.Please start the ownership thread at the earliest.
Old 9th April 2010, 17:36   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Make that three Polos. I got mine last week and no issues so far. Havent found time to start a new thread but will do so as soon as possible.
The only grudge that I have is related to the genuine VW Tyvek body cover which I got from the dealer. The thing is it is short and does not cover the front fender completely will post pictures later. When I brought this up with the dealer he was courteous enough and contacted factory, the explanation he got was that the protruding chin on the fender is the reason they have kept it short on purpose to prevent it from getting torn. I find that hard to digest and beleive it is a faulty design.He said that he had forwarded the feedbak to the factory and would update me as and when he got a solution.If anyone else is planning on buying the cover they might want to test it at the showroom itself before purchasing.
Congratulations! Which variant did you purchase and which color? Waiting for your ownership report. Do cover the smaller internal features in detail.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:36   #920
BHPian

@Poloman/Khan75/Logical - Pls advise if i can get the AC ducts chromed in a POLO-CL. I'm expecting the delivery next week. Also as i mentioned before - Any chances of getting the inside bonnet cover for noise reduction?
Old 9th April 2010, 19:28   #921
R17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
You are confusing me

VW is definitely costly and that has hampered the sales numbers. Also space inside is compromised & engine is not so great. Anyways for your info i read somewhere that VW is looking for more than 120,000 car sales per year. I dont think they will achieve with the response they got in the beginning. Also i dont see tier II & III cities will help much in no of sales as they wont prefer costly hatch. They mainly prefer VFM cheaper hatch. Let time decide.
Yea, you've definitely given what sounds like a confused response but I dont think my reply had much to do with it.

You're moving from assessing whether 5k sales in 40 odd days was impressive or not, to suddenly giving your opinion about the merits and demerits of the Polo ("space inside is compromised & engine is not so great"), which wasnt close to what the original discussion was about.

Now for your info, VW was definitely not looking for sales of 120000 in 2010. I believe the forecasted figure quoted by them was 40000-50000. I dont have the link to that press conference right now but I am willing to bet that VW never quoted a sales target of 120k for 2010. So I still stand by my statement that if your prediction of 2.5-3k sales per month holds true, VW will be fairly pleased.

Two more pointers -
  1. I do agree with your point that VW may not have pulled too many numbers in Tier 2/3 cities since currently they arent a known brand but that in no way detracts from the rest of the facts that despite several constraints (only 40 odd dealerships, relatively unknown brand with low recall value, pricey for the hatchback spectrum, only partly launched with diesel launch several months away, long waiting period of 3 odd months and availability in only 3 colours) VW has gotten off to a fine start. In fact, if anything, it makes it an even more impressive debut - to pull off sales of 5k from a smaller playing field.
  2. I
As for the space and engine and cost demerits in the Polo, which you pointed out, they are all probably true. But every the other hatchbacks has its share of demerits too. And the Polo has more than its share of merits, which is what makes just about every car magazine ( Autocar India, BS Motoring, Car Magazine, Overdrive in their April issues) rate it as the best hatchback in its segment today and the winner in all their hatchback comparison tests.
Old 9th April 2010, 20:42   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
@Poloman/Khan75/Logical - Pls advise if i can get the AC ducts chromed in a POLO-CL. I'm expecting the delivery next week. Also as i mentioned before - Any chances of getting the inside bonnet cover for noise reduction?
Do your a/c ducts get reflected in the ORVMS? If yes, putting chrome may not be practical idea..In my Fiesta SXI, the round chrome reflection particulalry in the Right ORVM is simply too distracting.
Old 9th April 2010, 20:53   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Do your a/c ducts get reflected in the ORVMS? If yes, putting chrome may not be practical idea..In my Fiesta SXI, the round chrome reflection particulalry in the Right ORVM is simply too distracting.
sanjay, look again. The chrome from the vent on the Fiesta gets reflected onto your window and not the ORVM. What you are seeing is an optical illusion. Lower the windows and see. But nevertheless, it is a bit distracting initially and then you get used to it.

Last edited by Gilead : 9th April 2010 at 20:54.
Old 9th April 2010, 21:04   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Logical, Did you buy any other accessories from the dealer? I am interested in knowing about the floor mats.Please start the ownership thread at the earliest.
Got myself the floor mats and mudflaps beside the cover. The mats are cloth type and bit flimsy as mentioned by someone else on the forum. However they came as "recommended accesories" so didnt really complain.
Also would be needing rubber mats for the monsoons. Would advise you to Take a look at the mats and check if you really want the exact same or if you get any better aftermarket. You would be needing them as GTO mentioned in his review or you will end up messing up the flooring in no time.

Yes plan to do so soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congratulations! Which variant did you purchase and which color? Waiting for your ownership report. Do cover the smaller internal features in detail.
Thank you Sir ,
POLO-TL Candy White
Sure will.

Last edited by Eddy : 10th April 2010 at 07:22. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 9th April 2010, 21:20   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
sanjay, look again. The chrome from the vent on the Fiesta gets reflected onto your window and not the ORVM. What you are seeing is an optical illusion. Lower the windows and see. But nevertheless, it is a bit distracting initially and then you get used to it.
Well, guess u r right. After putting the second layer of dark tint it is more prominent now. However it is indeed distracting. Got used to it as u say.
Old 10th April 2010, 16:48   #926
Senior - BHPian

The dealer is talking of delivery happening by April 25-26. Would be very happy if this happens since earlier promise was in May.
Logical, I am looking for high quality textile mat and side step sil protector as accessories. Not sure of their availability though. Did you take insurance from dealer or outside?
The chrome lining in Polo air vents is not so prominent as in Fiesta. But not sure whether we can do it on a CL.

Last edited by poloman : 10th April 2010 at 16:53.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:32   #927
BHPian

Even in CHD the SE told me that VW is doubling the production in MAY. Currently the frequency is 4-5 cars / week and they have already delivered 15 beauties. Also does any one has idea on the cost of spares (generic items)?
Old 11th April 2010, 09:26   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
Also does any one has idea on the cost of spares (generic items)?
Out here, the VW sales exec was trying to sell me the idea that the Polo's spares will be as cheap as a Hyundai's. I'm not sure if that's what will happen. But atleast that is a good target to maintain.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:10   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Out here, the VW sales exec was trying to sell me the idea that the Polo's spares will be as cheap as a Hyundai's. I'm not sure if that's what will happen. But atleast that is a good target to maintain.
If this is the case , i think VW is going on the right track , though i'm sure a little +delta ( > hyundai spare) will be present due to import structure.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:30   #930
Distinguished - BHPian

Sounds like sales talk to me? In Europe, are VW parts "as cheap" as, say Ford? Let alone Hyundai.

It'd be interesting if your salesman can back up his assertion with real numbers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks