Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 18:49   #931
BHPian

Not sure if the VW parts are cheaper in Europe but VW is like Maruti here. Germans buys Polo because it has less maintanance and has better FE. In Germany labour are very costly, if your car is not under warraty than its very difficult to maintain the car even for Germans.
Old 11th April 2010, 21:36   #932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
So far we have two Polos on Team BHP and not even a single niggle or issue is being reported.
It is too early to say that. How many combined KMs have these cars logged?

No other car in the segment has any serious issues to afraid of and VW has made the quite well so nothing to be afraid of, its not a Tata car. Don't expect the beta testing to be done on customers.
Old 14th April 2010, 10:15   #933
BHPian

Just drove my friend's recently delivered Polo. All I have to say is amazing looks , pick up and performance to match, VW has a winner.
What things I did not like , though these are NOT drawbacks are the reverse positioning of the wiper and indicator levers (we are used to these the other way round). Also the stats being displayed in the centre are useful numbers but then reading them does take some getting used to thats all.
All in all Polo should have the competitors thinking hard, a real VFM package. Way to go VW !!!
Old 14th April 2010, 10:22   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Just drove my friend's recently delivered Polo. All I have to say is amazing looks , pick up and performance to match, VW has a winner.
What things I did not like , though these are NOT drawbacks are the reverse positioning of the wiper and indicator levers (we are used to these the other way round). Also the stats being displayed in the centre are useful numbers but then reading them does take some getting used to thats all.
All in all Polo should have the competitors thinking hard, a real VFM package. Way to go VW !!!
Hi ambivalent,

Though it's been discussed a number of times already; however, how did you find the response and behavior of the 3-pot engine?
Old 15th April 2010, 12:27   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
@Poloman/Khan75/Logical - Pls advise if i can get the AC ducts chromed in a POLO-CL. I'm expecting the delivery next week. Also as i mentioned before - Any chances of getting the inside bonnet cover for noise reduction?
You can buy the chrome garnishes on ebay. In fact chrome garnishes are available for any car you can possibly think of on ebay.
Old 15th April 2010, 20:43   #936
Senior - BHPian

Polo - Diesel Official FE!

Hi guys! Some good news.
Official Fuel efficiency for Polo - Diesel has been announced!

As per ARAI certification it is 22.07 km/lt. I think that the launch date is nearing! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 15th April 2010 at 20:46.
Old 15th April 2010, 22:35   #937
BHPian

wow !! those figures are going to bring lot of smiles, I only hope they have reworked on their diesels. During initial reviews they were termed sluggish and missing the fun factor
Old 15th April 2010, 23:13   #938
BHPian

Can anyone show a picture of the foldable ORVM on their Polo. I am wondering if they can be folded. I know that Polo does not have Electrically Foldable ORVM, but if they are mechanically foldable, then it should suffice for me. This is needed to get me some more space to maneuver the car inside my garage.
I am trying to decide between the Polo Highline and i20 Asta and came across this feature difference that I need to make my mind about.
Old 16th April 2010, 00:27   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmania View Post
Can anyone show a picture of the foldable ORVM on their Polo. I am wondering if they can be folded. I know that Polo does not have Electrically Foldable ORVM, but if they are mechanically foldable, then it should suffice for me. This is needed to get me some more space to maneuver the car inside my garage.
I think there's no car in the world whose ORVMs cannot be folded! The Polo's mirrors also swing the opposite way. And they are not electronically foldable.
Old 16th April 2010, 00:30   #940

my new polo!!

What I liked:
- Clean looks. Not as exciting as the Punto but rather classy compared to most hatchbacks. Personally prefer it to tall boy, funny a** looks. The alloys look perfect and add character to the model ( aggressive). 8/10

- Sweet sweet gearshift. Really makes it a pleasure to drive. 10/10

- Love the feel inside the highline. Plastics may not be soft touch but the color combination is easy on the eye. Just don't like the blue display for music system which contrasts against the other lights. And everything is built to last. The seats are damn comfortable as well. I like my bro's Laura L&K interiors and feel at home in the Polo. 8/10

- Drivability. Not an expert to compare. But as a novice all I can say is that I felt absolutely comfortable the first time i drove it. Great for city driving without requiring frequent gearshifts. Scores well on both ride and handling. 8/10

What I don't like:
- Features. The missing ones already mentioned on the forum. EVRMs, USB, ACC, etc. Speakers are also crappy. while given that I loved the overall feel inside the car and these are things I can live with, it just irritates somebody willing to pay for the highline variant. 6/10

- Engine. Performance is fairly adequate. Expect comments that it sounds like a diesel. On the positive note the cabin noise insulation is very good and engine noise doesn't bother me too much. 7/10

- Space. think its on the lower side for a car of its size but really doesn't concern me as most of the time will be driving alone. But the day I got it from the showroom four girls squeezed in to the backseat and another one got in to the front and they thought it was fine! 7/10

VFM, backseat space, mileage, etc weren't major considerations. Figo, Ritz just don't appeal to me on the looks front. Swift is a bit too old now.

In the end what made me buy the polo over punto was that I felt very comfortable driving the polo and enjoyed sitting in it. Given that I would be spending more time inside it rather than admiring it from the outside, the interiors matter to me more than the exteriors and personally the polo scores over the punto(dull greys, panel gaps,etc) in this area.

ps: my first post on Team-BHP and am grateful to the community and the mods for all the information as well as some fantastic reads shared here.

Some photos of my new polo highline.
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img00058201004091117.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_6982.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_6983.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_6987.jpg

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img00060201004141130.jpg
Old 16th April 2010, 07:25   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I think there's no car in the world whose ORVMs cannot be folded! The Polo's mirrors also swing the opposite way. And they are not electronically foldable.
That may not be entirely correct. I drive an accord whose ORVMs can be electrically adjusted, but the mirrors themselves cannot be folded.
Any idea if the euro spec polo has this feature and if there will be some after market upgrades possible for this?
Old 16th April 2010, 09:27   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
It is too early to say that. How many combined KMs have these cars logged?

No other car in the segment has any serious issues to afraid of and VW has made the quite well so nothing to be afraid of, its not a Tata car. Don't expect the beta testing to be done on customers.
I agree with your view point on Polo.

Its not fair to ditch a car or brand while you compare with others. Every car has its own +/- and one of the primary factor everyone thinks is "COST" factor.
So, keep this in mind while comparing please.
Old 16th April 2010, 10:30   #943
BHPian

@ polo1 : congrats buddy on your red beauty. I think you should start a new ownership thread and share your experiences. I have some queries, but prefer to ask in your separate ownership thread, dont want to hijack the existing one Once you open up a new thread, do post the link in this one so interested Bhpians can start to follow-up
Old 16th April 2010, 10:33   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo1 View Post
-
But the day I got it from the showroom four girls squeezed in to the backseat and another one got in to the front and they thought it was fine! 7/10
So the Polo attracts them like a magnet!!
Wonder why nobody listed this under the PROS category!!!

Well, Congrats on the red beauty Polo1.
Old 16th April 2010, 12:29   #945
RGK
Senior - BHPian

So Polo Diesel Motors to be delivered in May would be fine tuned than the test vehicles arranged in March.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks