Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 17:18   #1051
BHPian

I had booked it on March 20th. On my receipt, expected delivery date is blank as well.

SP(Blore Elite motors) says that they have delivered 35 polos to date. This is hard to believe as I have hardly seens 3 polos on road so far in Blore.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:23   #1052
BHPian

Polo's alloys are expected to cost 35-40k(set of 5) it seems.
Punto's cost 40k(set of 5) it seems.
Figo's cost 20k(set of 5).

Looks like ford has managed to lower their spares/accessories cost considerably.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:31   #1053
BHPian

Firstly why is the new car on a flatbed? Are VW's pulling a Skoda on us?
And secondly lilMonster I really doubt those are factory fitted as no VW marking is present on the alloy and company fitted alloys are generally a little simpler and 17 inchers is an overkill for sure.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:32   #1054
Senior - BHPian

What has happened to that Polo? Has it broken down and being towed away?lilmonster please give the full story.

Last edited by poloman : 26th April 2010 at 17:34.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:37   #1055
Senior - BHPian

What is happening guys? People who have got delivery of Polo are vanishing in to thin air!? Axe effect!!!!?
First Khan75 and now Gaurav......
Old 26th April 2010, 17:41   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, no news is good news. If you have niggles, people will be all around
Old 26th April 2010, 17:46   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
But in the case of Polo , i just read somewhere in this forum itself that upsizing tyre to 15" from the 14" CL and TL is not permitted as per VW? Can you folks confirm this ? Is that the same thing that all SP say that changing tyre and alloy can put the suspension and steering column under stress?

when I went for a TD in Pune, this SP was so arrogant that he said "if you change anything in car, even the door mats, warranty will be void" You should have seen the faces of a couple who were riding alongwith me, because they were planning to buy Trendline. This is total nonsense, they are just trying to scare. If a 15" is fine on HL what is the problem on TL or CL, the mechanics remain the same. And if your dealer is making such statements then do what our fellow TBhpian Gaurav Chopra did, he asked the concerned person to give the statement in writing or atleast show the rules in writing.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:51   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
What has happened to that Polo? Has it broken down and being towed away?lilmonster please give the full story.
i dont think it's broken down. i have seen a lot of polos and a beetel also parked in the same place. i think the noida registeration authority is near this place. hense all the cars. the only reason i asked about the 17" is because the other polos were just parked on the side of the road and had the 15" rims on them. this was on the flatbed. i think they are just here either for some inter state exise duty or registeration. all the volkswagen cars i have seen here have been brand new with the Red colored temp plates.

i will click a close up of the 17" rims. i'm sure they were VW. If this is the way it comes i'll but it
Old 26th April 2010, 17:58   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Do they take cars for registraion on a flat bed. Why a healthy man need crutches?
Old 26th April 2010, 17:58   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
I have seen this polo parked on a flatbed in sector 3 noida with the optional body kit and 17" rims. checked it out from up close. it's running 215/40 R 17 tyres as well. could this be a 1.6.?? looks really neat with the anthracite colored alloys. i just hope they offer this version like this from the factory.
The 17" Rims surely look good but do not expect them as OE. Reason: They are impractical as they spoil ride and they are very fragile for out roads.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:01   #1061
BHPian

17" Rims PIX

Here are a close up of the rims on the polo. just clicked it as it's just opposite my office. Tasty

Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-26042010.jpg  

Old 26th April 2010, 18:11   #1062
Senior - BHPian

WOW! Must be the PoloCup.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...po-2010-a.html
Old 26th April 2010, 18:20   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
it could be the polo cup.but didnt that come totally stripped out and with a roll cage and other track equipment.even if the 1.6 is not as taty as this one is now i know what rims to switch to when i buy one
Old 26th April 2010, 23:23   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Poloman @ What are the Accessories are you planning for?

I had a talk with an accessory dealer in JP Nagar. He told me that he can get a PVC floor mat stitched, covering the entire floor space of Polo. He will take the actual measurement by placing a paper/cardboard and shape the mat accordingly. Will cost approximately 2.5k with choice of color. Above this, I plan to place the regular foot-mats. This should solve the maintenance problem.

I plan to have sun-film and mud-flaps from the VW dealer. Not sure about the Teflon coating. But plan to get the same done outside. I had it for my previous cars and it is really worth it.

I plan to have a 2DIN Kenwood DDX8039 in future. This will cost me about 60K, but will satisfy me throughly. It will have DVD Video, Audio, FM/AM, TV Tuner, USB, Bluetooth (Optional accessory), GPS, Reverse Camera, 7" Touch screen. Can be integrated in to the dashboard. Comprehensive? I have still not decided, because of warranty claws. If required, I should be able to dispose off my OEM 2DIN Music system for - say - 15K for a TL/CL customer who will be interested? What do you think?

Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | Visual & Navigation Systems | DDX8039

Last edited by Chethan B G : 26th April 2010 at 23:30.
Old 27th April 2010, 01:19   #1065
BHPian

@formal_eins ,

Even the floor mat ??they gone bonkers may be !! Its time that the sales person understand that , gone are the times that the car makers rule the customers or treat them as slaves and make them do anything and everything the ' brand ' say !

One of my friend had to head from the SP that his 15 inchers in figo would void his warranty on the suspension and steering column . When he pointed out the 15 inch tyre in fiesta sports , he said that the fiesta sports have an altogether different suspension from the normal one , even the steering column . Hard to believe , when the auto makers try their level best to use the same components across a product !

I believe that buying a CL and upgrading the tyre and alloy would mean a lot of VFM !

@ lil monster ,

I think its 1.6 polo which is yet to be launched !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks