Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 15:55   #1096
catchvinny

@poloman:I had done the booking for my polo on jan 9th..
RED-HL-1.2 petrol..Still there is no news about my car.
At which dealer had you booked the car.?

Old 30th April 2010, 16:12   #1097
BHPian

Test drove THE NEW POLO last weekend at Kashyap Vehicle Works, Noida. Sales guy was well informed and knew his product. He even knew Team-BHP very well. As soon as he came to know I was a T-BHP member, he became more composed.

Few Observations:

1. Great built and ride quality; quite stable and confidence inspiring at high speeds.
2. Excellent fit and finish.
3. 3 pot engine did not sound disappointing. The vibrations and the engine sound is not that intrusive with AC & music ON.
4. Good steering grip & feel if not best.
5. Gear shift is highly impressive.
6. Suspensions deserve a special mention as the car digested the potholes with utter ease; the rear passenger (my friend) didn't feel a jerk.

I did notice something different; if you look from outside there's a number at the bottom right (my right when I was facing the front) of the windshield. What's that, Chassis No or something? My apologies if this has already been answered somewhere.

We had a hilarious situation with a couple of other potential POLO customers which I am going to narrate in "Comedy of errors" thread.

Last edited by sheetumanu : 30th April 2010 at 16:13.
Old 30th April 2010, 17:21   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Test drove THE NEW POLO last weekend at Kashyap Vehicle Works, Noida. Sales guy was well informed and knew his product. He even knew Team-BHP very well. As soon as he came to know I was a T-BHP member, he became more composed.

Few Observations:

1. Great built and ride quality; quite stable and confidence inspiring at high speeds.
2. Excellent fit and finish.
3. 3 pot engine did not sound disappointing. The vibrations and the engine sound is not that intrusive with AC & music ON.
4. Good steering grip & feel if not best.
5. Gear shift is highly impressive.
6. Suspensions deserve a special mention as the car digested the potholes with utter ease; the rear passenger (my friend) didn't feel a jerk.

I did notice something different; if you look from outside there's a number at the bottom right (my right when I was facing the front) of the windshield. What's that, Chassis No or something? My apologies if this has already been answered somewhere.

We had a hilarious situation with a couple of other potential POLO customers which I am going to narrate in "Comedy of errors" thread.
Nice observations. The number you are referring to is a Unique Identification Code for VW cars.. I saw the same in Skoda Fabia as well.
Old 30th April 2010, 17:36   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Steve82, If the spare prices you qouted are correct VW really has a winner on hand. But I suspect this as a pep talk from the dealer. gaurav_chopra04 got a qoute of 1500 for a single wheel cap. I expect there will be wide variation in the spare prices between those locally made and those imported.
I went to the service centre right behind the showroom and confirmed the bumper prices . The wheel cap prices was told by the Sales guy as the service centre guy was not having an idea. 1500 for a single wheel cap is atrocious. I dont think so. Just think over... Bumper cost = One Wheel cover cost + 600/- . Not possible...
Old 30th April 2010, 18:40   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
Nice observations. The number you are referring to is a Unique Identification Code for VW cars.. I saw the same in Skoda Fabia as well.
Thanks steve; I also thought the same; however, the sales rep told me (in an unconvincing tone) that it's the engine or chassis no.
Old 30th April 2010, 21:53   #1101
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Finally a looong wait has come to an end. I finally got my Polo delivered today. Though I was wanting a black color and had then given the option to dealer for which ever color, I finally settled for Red Highline. I got it delivered today in the evening, and had one hell of a drive back home, nothing to worry, but it was like full 1.5hrs to drive back 15 kms. Just uploading the pics that I clicked at the dealer, will write and post more of it over the weekend, in a separate post. It's a great story that started during december and finally gets a sweet end in April, that too on a last day. So for now, some pics of the red beauty, more later over the weekend.

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg  

Old 30th April 2010, 22:31   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Congrtas Laxmi! The car is looking lovely in red. Hope to see a new ownership thread on this soon with more pictures and driving experience.
Old 30th April 2010, 22:38   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Now that is what you call smoking hot..! Congrats Laxmi for the car.
Old 1st May 2010, 12:32   #1104
BHPian

Congrats Laxmi on your car... Looks really good in red...

Guys Just 500 deliveries of polo last month compared to 7000 deliveries of the Figo !!! With production capacity of 1 lakh that is 50k polo's and 50k Fabia's don't you think more deliveries should have happened last month ??
Old 1st May 2010, 17:19   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Some hilarious commercials of Polo are on air now. The car looks smashing in the ads. Hopefully VW are going to overdrive mode with the Diesel launch.
Old 1st May 2010, 18:42   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some hilarious commercials of Polo are on air now. The car looks smashing in the ads. Hopefully VW are going to overdrive mode with the Diesel launch.
Any idea when is the Diesel launch? When will the car be available for a TD. Poloman @ Can you please try to get this info when you are at the dealership? I can ask them. But they may give me a different answer since I have booked a Diesel.

Laxminarayan @ Congratulations! Will wait for your Thread. What was your waiting period? Give full details on the additional display you have for Highline. Also details on Accessories.
Old 1st May 2010, 22:12   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Chetan don't worry that launch will be a high voltage affair. Reports indicate by May 17th.
Came across a comprehensive Hatch review on net where Polo was declared the winner.
A Test For Best Hatchback In India - Gaadi.com India
Old 3rd May 2010, 08:53   #1108
BHPian

Congratulations Laxmi on your Flashy Red Hot one..! Looks even better than the Black one....

@poloman,Chetan,Gaurav...Guys...Any info about the parts list ?
Also any idea how much a Body coloured Side View Mirror would cost?
As per VW is it feasible to fit Fog Lamps ?
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:10   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Chetan don't worry that launch will be a high voltage affair. Reports indicate by May 17th.
Came across a comprehensive Hatch review on net where Polo was declared the winner.

@Polomon: I think the launch is on May 10th. I had asked the dealer in Chennai to confirm this and he has given confirmation. TD will be available from the 18th of May.
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:34   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Poloman. Link gives only Petrol Polo. But it was nice - Polo Diesel is launched - I think today. Saw the add in TOI last page. Will see if the car is available for a TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinsumant View Post
Congratulations Laxmi on your Flashy Red Hot one..! Looks even better than the Black one....

@poloman,Chetan,Gaurav...Guys...Any info about the parts list ?
Also any idea how much a Body coloured Side View Mirror would cost?
As per VW is it feasible to fit Fog Lamps ?
No information on the part list. Side view mirror can be spray painted. I think generally it would cost 1.5k. But with VW it could be more. But the paint quality will be far better. Fog lamps should be possible. Get it done from VW dealer itself. Bottom line is - do not cut any wires.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 3rd May 2010 at 10:38.

Most Viewed