Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 19:31   #1171
BHPian

GTO, so would you still prefer to buy a Punto, or Polo has something special in it for you (or for us)?
Old 5th May 2010, 20:45   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
You create an artificial backlog and tom tom that you will clear it - gimme a break - and that polo ad was imho in poor taste
The manufacturer should be truly insane to create an artificial backlog and turn away potential customers citing long waiting periods. What is wrong with the ad which depicts the true state of our roads.

Last edited by poloman : 5th May 2010 at 20:46.
Old 5th May 2010, 22:03   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Well the ad says '...gather buffalos' - so we can lay rest to the argument about 'true state of Indian roads'.

Buffaloes (and cattle) do roam about freely on Indian roads alongwith stray cats, dogs, giraffes, hippoes, polar bear, bigfoot, little grey aliens and what not - topped off by mindless people who cross highways with the leisurely pace of their own courtyard. Thats the fact.

After all that - whats so wrong about this ad?

Last edited by blackasta : 5th May 2010 at 22:05.
Old 5th May 2010, 22:04   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Main purpose of an advertisement is to attract attention. Designers strive hard to make people either Love it or Hate it. Either way the purpose is served!

Now, looking at the way it has been discussed in the last 2 pages of this thread, I think that it is a big success!

Neighbor's envy - Owner's pride?

Last edited by Chethan B G : 5th May 2010 at 22:07.
Old 6th May 2010, 01:56   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Main purpose of an advertisement is to attract attention. Designers strive hard to make people either Love it or Hate it. Either way the purpose is served!

Now, looking at the way it has been discussed in the last 2 pages of this thread, I think that it is a big success!

Neighbor's envy - Owner's pride?
Truely said...The lsat 2 pages talk less abt POLO but more about ads.. is this the waiting period that is actually making ppl think so much??.. Well IMO the ads are fresh and simply rich , the message is clear and so is the logic. The indian ad is much better than the spain commercial which is actually an old , stale stunt done by the boys..

Can we please have something about POLO than the ad! Anyways... I got my car yesterday!!! Yippeeee....
Old 6th May 2010, 08:17   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
Truely said...The lsat 2 pages talk less abt POLO but more about ads.. is this the waiting period that is actually making ppl think so much??.. Well IMO the ads are fresh and simply rich , the message is clear and so is the logic. The indian ad is much better than the spain commercial which is actually an old , stale stunt done by the boys..

Can we please have something about POLO than the ad! Anyways... I got my car yesterday!!! Yippeeee....
Congratulations!!!

Please start your ownership thread. Give details about internal functionalities and Multi-Display and additional accessories.

I will be waiting for it!!
Old 6th May 2010, 10:08   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post

Congrats on your car . Which color which trim ?? Cant wait for your ownership thread. Please post it soon.

@Chennai bhpians: I heard a rumor that the road tax is increasing from 8% to 10% or 15% from June 1st. Is it true. If it is the price of my polo will go up by another 10-20k
Old 6th May 2010, 10:44   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
@Chennai bhpians: I heard a rumor that the road tax is increasing from 8% to 10% or 15% from June 1st. Is it true. If it is the price of my polo will go up by another 10-20k
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...amil-nadu.html

it seems to be true.
Old 6th May 2010, 12:20   #1179
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Enquired a RTO agent now. He says for the vehicles costing more than 10 lac, the tax is raised to 15% straight, but not sure about vehicles less than 10 lac and the GO is not received till now.
- So if buyer purchases a C class, he/she has to pay roughly around 4 lakhs for Road Tax - a cost of a hatchback

Last edited by RGK : 6th May 2010 at 12:26.
Old 6th May 2010, 14:46   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Isn't it the truth? Have we lost our sense of homour? Quite frankly I see nothing wrong with it and its purely my opinion
Should have been read in the right spirit and humor appreciated.The advert. is doing it's job.It caused the flutter .Any publicity is good publicity.
Old 6th May 2010, 17:42   #1181
BHPian

[quote=liner4u;1871902]Congrats on your car . Which color which trim ?? Cant wait for your ownership thread. Please post it soon.

Gravity of the situation is - I'm in delhi and car is in Chandigarh...will meet my POLO on a Saturday and then drive it down to Delhi. I cant describe the Excitement Explorating Exponentially Every sec.

Will post the ownership thread soon.
Also, RTO charge in Haryana is 1%.
Old 6th May 2010, 18:45   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Polo comfortline with sports kit
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc02856.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc02857.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc02858.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc02859.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc02860.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc02861.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc02862.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-dsc02863.jpg  

Old 6th May 2010, 18:52   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Polo comfortline with sports kit
That's the VW showroom in Moti Nagar... I too went there to see the car few weeks ago.

In my opinion the grass looks gross with the sports kit. Only the spoiler on the rear & alloys are enough for improving the aesthetics of the cars from outside (my favourite colours - Red & Silver), though the seats need better cover as the ones by the company are just average.

Did you test drive it???
Old 6th May 2010, 18:59   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Congrats on your car . Which color which trim ?? Cant wait for your ownership thread. Please post it soon.

Prices of Polo in Karnataka is in the attachment. Can you post the same WRT Chennai after the tax changes? I am sure that Karnataka will be the costliest.

Sidindica, Cardeep@ Black color is yet to be launched, is it not? How come this car is in black? But it looks great!! Happy that I have booked for one in black!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VW-POLO Prices in Karnataka.pdf (26.7 KB, 703 views)

Last edited by Chethan B G : 6th May 2010 at 19:06.
Old 6th May 2010, 19:53   #1185
Distinguished - BHPian

Sports kit! What rubbish!

Looks ridiculous, probably makes no difference whatsoever to a car with a very modest engine, and, what's most important is the necessity of clearance for our roads. That skirt really would not survive even being driven home to my house; it would be destroyed by the lumps bumps and potholes.

I suppose there will always be a market for "go-faster stripes" --- but nobody would buy any serious performance kit, surely, without some persuasive numbers. I bet there's none for these bits of plastic!

<rant over>

Well, anyway, at least, unlike bull bars, it isn't going to kill anyone.

<ok, rant really over now )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks