Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 20:02   #1201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
75k for what??

Give it free with the 1.6
Am not surprised when a single Polo wheel cap costs Rs.1600!

In line with typical responses I've seen to Polos pricing and skimped specs we can claim that this high pricing is for a select few of the already creamy layer that the Polo caters to
Old 7th May 2010, 20:08   #1202
Senior - BHPian

kiku, don't jump in to conclusions so fast. The sports kit is imported and that explains the cost. Some where in the thread actual prices of spares like bumper are mentioned. Not high by any standards.
Old 7th May 2010, 20:39   #1203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
kiku, don't jump in to conclusions so fast. The sports kit is imported and that explains the cost. Some where in the thread actual prices of spares like bumper are mentioned. Not high by any standards.
Can you please help me with the link? I'm unable to find it.

The wheelcap price is ridiculous. Is that also imported?
Old 7th May 2010, 21:19   #1204
BHPian

actually the prices are not very high. i got a call from frontier VW and the explained that

front bumper costs around 2300, rear bumper at 5300, headlights cost 3500 each and the sideview mirrors cost 1500bux. im sure thsi will be cheaper than what jazz offers and on par with i20. also the manager himself told me that the service cost of the car is at 6k where the cost of all necessary filters is at just 800 bux. rest is for the synthetic oil and the labor. not high considering the car will get serviced just once a year. another plus is that since VW is used to service very expensive cars and hence well heeled clientele their service may actually be good. not to mention in my case their service station is much nearer to my house than maruti's or hyundai's. And as far as Gaurav's wheelcaps costing 1600, maybe they sell all 4 and not just one individually. at least as of now.
Old 7th May 2010, 23:37   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
actually the prices are not very high. i got a call from frontier VW and the explained that

front bumper costs around 2300, rear bumper at 5300, headlights cost 3500 each and the sideview mirrors cost 1500bux. im sure thsi will be cheaper than what jazz offers and on par with i20. also the manager himself told me that the service cost of the car is at 6k where the cost of all necessary filters is at just 800 bux. rest is for the synthetic oil and the labor. not high considering the car will get serviced just once a year. another plus is that since VW is used to service very expensive cars and hence well heeled clientele their service may actually be good. not to mention in my case their service station is much nearer to my house than maruti's or hyundai's. And as far as Gaurav's wheelcaps costing 1600, maybe they sell all 4 and not just one individually. at least as of now.
Good data. Not sure about wheel cap though. But it is not important.

Right now except for a few BHPians who own Polo, not many have much knowledge on Polo. Most of the data available is through the road test review. some of us would have taken a TD for 20 mins. That is the primary basis for people who are talking far / against Polo at this moment.

I believe most of us who are members of this forum, are members since we are passionate about automobiles and not just because we are in the process of buying one or have bought one. But people who are in the verge of owning one will naturally be biased a little bit for some time towards any car that they plan to own. It will be wise for others to refrain from comments unnecessarily.

Also, IMHO any hatchback today which is in the market is not perfect. Every product has positives and negatives. It will be wise to digest this fact about any car and move forward, be it Polo or Punto or Figo or i20 or anything. That will increase the quality of information available on the thread.
Old 8th May 2010, 00:21   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
And as far as Gaurav's wheelcaps costing 1600, maybe they sell all 4 and not just one individually. at least as of now.
I am ready to pay 2k tomorrow morning for the set. Where can I get it... I enquired from both VW West delhi and VW south delhi and the price quoted for one wheel was Rs. 1650 by both the dealerships (this was 3 weeks back).

Anyways, the prices of parts you have confirmed, definitely looks promising. Good for us. Thanks
Old 8th May 2010, 20:30   #1207
BHPian

Booked my Black Polo Comfortline today from Vidyut Motors, Pune. Delivery expected in Aug last week.

I cant have my own choice for the audio system! The warranty gets void!
Old 9th May 2010, 10:18   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
Booked my Black Polo Comfortline today from Vidyut Motors, Pune. Delivery expected in Aug last week.

I cant have my own choice for the audio system! The warranty gets void!
You definitely can have your choice. Check kenwood - they have double din with features like BT, GPS, 7 inch touch screen, DVD player, USB, TV tuner, Rear camera, Radio...Etc. Great features. You have many other choice also. This is being sold now in India by Nippon. Saw the Ad in recent Overdrive(May).

Please go through the Polo Ownership thread created by Gaurav for details. You can install it without cutting wires. I am very much interested in this project myself. But since I am buying a Highline, I might go in for it after 6 months/1 year. Will be glad to be part of this discussion.
Old 9th May 2010, 12:22   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-polo.jpg

Power and Torque Development Graph of Polo Diesel ( taken from Polo E-brochure).

Looking at the Torque curve, it is peaking at about 1800 RPM. At this point the Power is at 35 kW.

Until about 4800 RPM, the Torque does not dip below 110 nM, which is the peak Torque of a Petrol engine! At this point the Power is approximately 25 kW.

I read in a review (Car India - April) that the RPM of this diesel engine at 100KMPH in the 5 th Gear is 2500! Max speed is 170 KMPH! 0-100 KMPH in 15.2 secs. Overall FE - 19.75kmpl! TC has been tuned so that the acceleration does not surprise the driver in bumper to bumper traffic. This is definitely not bad!

Because of the weight of the car and the capacity of the engine, before TC kicks in (car will be running like having a naturally aspirated diesel engine), lag might be felt. A VGT would have solved this problem and also stretched the band further. If only VW had been a bit more generous!

I am waiting to have a TD and off course, my car delivered!!!

Have a look at the optional accessories for Polo in UK - Interesting!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf polo-v-brochure - UK.pdf (2.78 MB, 1171 views)

Last edited by Chethan B G : 9th May 2010 at 12:30.
Old 9th May 2010, 14:01   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Attachment 345231

Power and Torque Development Graph of Polo Diesel ( taken from Polo E-brochure).

Looking at the Torque curve, it is peaking at about 1800 RPM. At this point the Power is at 35 kW.

Until about 4800 RPM, the Torque does not dip below 110 nM, which is the peak Torque of a Petrol engine! At this point the Power is approximately 25 kW.

I read in a review (Car India - April) that the RPM of this diesel engine at 100KMPH in the 5 th Gear is 2500! Max speed is 170 KMPH! 0-100 KMPH in 15.2 secs. Overall FE - 19.75kmpl! TC has been tuned so that the acceleration does not surprise the driver in bumper to bumper traffic. This is definitely not bad!

Because of the weight of the car and the capacity of the engine, before TC kicks in (car will be running like having a naturally aspirated diesel engine), lag might be felt. A VGT would have solved this problem and also stretched the band further. If only VW had been a bit more generous!

I am waiting to have a TD and off course, my car delivered!!!

Have a look at the optional accessories for Polo in UK - Interesting!

I know CAR India have claimed 15.2 secs for 0-100 but all other magazines are claiming 17 to 17.5 !! Do u know which is true ?? Test drives will happen next week so waiting for that.

Also I read in some magazine that the diesel highline has a gear shift indicator like the one in Jetta. Can anyone please confirm this news.. It is said that when u drive normally the gear shift indicator shows gears changes for mileage and when u drive aggressively it shows gears changes for performance. WOW that's a really nice feature !!
Old 9th May 2010, 15:56   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Also I read in some magazine that the diesel highline has a gear shift indicator like the one in Jetta. Can anyone please confirm this news.. It is said that when u drive normally the gear shift indicator shows gears changes for mileage and when u drive aggressively it shows gears changes for performance. WOW that's a really nice feature !!
Just curious on how that would help! Won't that make the whole process like an Auto Transmission with a Manual Shift, probably better to just get an Auto Transmission in that case, DSG would be great
Old 9th May 2010, 16:05   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Am not surprised when a single Polo wheel cap costs Rs.1600!

In line with typical responses I've seen to Polos pricing and skimped specs we can claim that this high pricing is for a select few of the already creamy layer that the Polo caters to
When i was test driving the Polo i was told that the set of 4 wheel covers will cost 1600. Also they mentioned the annual service cost to be 5-7k. Now comparing the sales people of VW and Ford (i finally bought Figo diesel) i observed that VW sales were telling us to expect 11/12 kmpl in city (for petrol) and about 16 on highways. I got a feeling that VW sales were trying to setup low expectations to the customers. But i found the opposite with the Ford sales folks. Now look whats happening the figo thread people are complaining low FE. VW is going slow and steady and i have a feeling that Polo owners might be a happier lot in the long run given the expectation setting thats happening by their sales team. BTW what the kind of FE polo owners are getting on highways and city?
Old 9th May 2010, 17:30   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Yamaha, Execellent observation. Polo petrol is giving more mileage in most cases than Figo petrol and even Figo Diesel in some cases. This as per two Polo ownership threads which indicate mileage close to ARAI figures.Also they are conveying the worst case delivery time. But for Polo diesel VW has gone overboard with those knock out ads.
I called up the dealer again and confimed the delivery will happen in third week of May itself.

Last edited by poloman : 9th May 2010 at 17:32.
Old 9th May 2010, 20:19   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
I know CAR India have claimed 15.2 secs for 0-100 but all other magazines are claiming 17 to 17.5 !! Do u know which is true ?? Test drives will happen next week so waiting for that.

VW claims 0 to 100 in 14.4 secs for Diesel Polo. I think 15.2 is realistic. It also depends on how it is tested. VW would have done it in ideal conditions.

Yes. Gear shift indicator is there in Diesel - Polo. But I do not know how it is going help us drive. We can hardly look at the display while driving. Unless the indication is both audio/visual, it may not be a great feature. But initially, it will definitely give us a sort of training in gear shifting specifically confined to Polo. later on, as and when we get used to the car, by the sound of the engine ( which is quite audible!) we will know when to shift.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:38   #1215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Yes. Gear shift indicator is there in Diesel - Polo. But I do not know how it is going help us drive.
I dont know about other people but often on long drives while cruising on highways i occassionaly place my hand on the gear shift to assure it's in the top gear.I have notice i do this sub-consciouslywhilst driving on long higways.I guess thats the time when the display might be of useful to atleast to people like me.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 10th May 2010 at 09:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks