Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 14:25   #1291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
I think its close to Rs. 1 Lac more than the Petrol equivalent. But given its real world mileage of around 16kmpl (+1 km more than the best iteration of the Multijet engine), lower emissions and better performance numbers, it makes more sense to me.
Better performance numbers ?? Are u serious..? All the initial reviews of the diesel Polo were not very encouraging...
Old 17th May 2010, 15:41   #1292
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Is it worth?

Called up VW here in Bangalore, for the petrol and diesel the waiting is now almost 6 months, even with a corp purchase. For the 1.6, it "may" come in Aug-Sept and 2 months of waiting. Wonder who will now book with this in mind? Is it the same as waiting for a swift diesel, guess not as there are more choices now. Sad, cause wish had max 2 months, could have waited :(
Old 17th May 2010, 16:47   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Called up VW here in Bangalore, for the petrol and diesel the waiting is now almost 6 months, even with a corp purchase. For the 1.6, it "may" come in Aug-Sept and 2 months of waiting. Wonder who will now book with this in mind? Is it the same as waiting for a swift diesel, guess not as there are more choices now. Sad, cause wish had max 2 months, could have waited :(
Was there a waiting period of 6 months for Swift! i dont think. maximum i have heard is 3 or 4 month! But 6 months for a Polo (petrol or diesel) is simply not worth IMHO!

You can very well go for a diesel i20,Punto or a Figo instead! or wait for further car launches planned in next 6 months!

Last edited by recshenoy : 17th May 2010 at 16:48.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:32   #1294
BHPian

I don't think its worth waiting 6 months for ANY car, let alone a new one which only has a badge and good looks to boast of (as of now).
Old 17th May 2010, 17:38   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Called up the dealer and he is telling the car has been invoiced and will be dispatched this week. So i have to week one more week minimum. As per him invoicing is done 15 days prior to delivery.
I think it is better for VW to close the dealership and do some other business than irritating the people with this sort of insane stories and waiting periods.

Last edited by poloman : 17th May 2010 at 17:40.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:05   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Called up the dealer and he is telling the car has been invoiced and will be dispatched this week. So i have to week one more week minimum. As per him invoicing is done 15 days prior to delivery.
I think it is better for VW to close the dealership and do some other business than irritating the people with this sort of insane stories and waiting periods.
Ideally the dealer gives a call 5 days before the car is supposed to reach showroom. The car is delivered within a week post invoicing. This is how i got the car.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:20   #1297
Senior - BHPian

One of our members have already got the TDI delivered. Check this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1888246
Old 17th May 2010, 23:53   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Was there a waiting period of 6 months for Swift! i dont think. maximum i have heard is 3 or 4 month! But 6 months for a Polo (petrol or diesel) is simply not worth IMHO!

You can very well go for a diesel i20,Punto or a Figo instead! or wait for further car launches planned in next 6 months!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I don't think its worth waiting 6 months for ANY car, let alone a new one which only has a badge and good looks to boast of (as of now).
Waiting period for any car more then 1 month is a waste. Manufacturers take customers / market for granted and launch there car without being prepared for delivery. With a new car being launched every 6 months and also the quality bar being raised with every launch, this can not work for long. We may say that it is already working with every car manufacturer. But as example if we take Polo, if the delivery period was 2-4 weeks, VW would have sold 50% more numbers. But now, there is a serious threat that the existing numbers can drop due to cancellations.

Whatever said, one should have a look at Polo in Flesh and Blood to understand why people fall for it. It is nearly impossible for a person to go to the showroom, stand in front of the car and then ask the dealer to cancel the booking!!

However, today the sales manager was not in station. He had gone to Pune for a meeting. So I have to wait till Wednesday to meet him and take a decision.

I discovered the following in Polo today:
  1. It has an engine guard to protect the engine from large stones ( as shown in the ad - Ostrich egg ) - So no question of oil sump getting hit!
  2. Engine mount is of the drop down type - That is, in case of a frontal crash, engine will drop down and not ram in to the cabin!
  3. Front head support is safety optimized - in case of a crash, it will tilt to give extra support to our neck and spine. (I do not know exactly how this works)
  4. Extended warranty for a period of 2 extra years has been announced - Price and details to be announced.
  5. Total maintenance package for up to 5 years can be purchased - approx cost 10K per year - Details to be announced.
With maintenance package, customer trust will increase and so also bookings. VW will have a tough time ahead. If the initial cars do not get in to major problems, competition will have a tough time. But even with all this, Up Time is not guaranteed?

Last edited by Chethan B G : 17th May 2010 at 23:56.
Old 18th May 2010, 01:51   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Better performance numbers ?? Are u serious..? All the initial reviews of the diesel Polo were not very encouraging...

If anything, its been hard to find an accurate consensus on the TDI. Some love the engine characteristics. Some don't. Some like the gearshift action better. Some don't.

The 0-100 estimates range from 15-17 seconds. The mileage reports range from 11kmpl to 22kmpl.

I think its safe to say that a reliable test drive is the order of the day! My earlier comment about better performance was based solely on the higher top speed of the car in its diesel avatar.
Old 18th May 2010, 08:29   #1300
Senior - BHPian

When I called up also they told Sales manager had gone to Pune and no update is available. I created some noise and got the number of GM. He assured me delivery in a week time since the car is invoiced and ready for dispatch from Pune. i agree with you 100% it is difficult to cancel the booking. Once you reach the showroom with this intention, one look at the display car is enough to change your opinion
Old 18th May 2010, 13:31   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

Swift VDi did have a waiting period of six months when I last inquired about a year ago
Old 18th May 2010, 13:46   #1302
BHPian

Guys any news yet on the 1.6 Petrol?
Old 18th May 2010, 19:39   #1303
BHPian

Hello Guys, my friend wants to buy Polo Trendline but Pune dealer is not ready to fillup any date on booking form. According to my friend the dealer is quite rude and not ready to listen anything.

Are you guys get any date on Booking form? or is it the same for everyone? Though my friend has written mail to VW but he did not get any reply.
Old 18th May 2010, 20:10   #1304

Most of you don't know me... actually none of you would know me ('most' read better). As the username suggests, I'm Siddharth, another victim of Polo's beauty and build quality.

I'm among the idiots who felt the need to huddle the Auto Expo ka bheed and make his way through a rowdy crowd and be in the first 84,000 people to see the Volkswagen Polo in person.

Saw it, fell in love and took 4 test drives of the car in the very first week. So much so, i even altered my way to my office, just so i could see more of it everyday... and then came the day.

One fine morning my dad feels it's time i needed a new car. And before he could go further i mutter in my sleep "polo!" (this is the part where the fight starts).

gibberish gibberish *** finally convince by dad for a polo*** gibberish gibberish.

The next Sunday i go and sell my old car (the emotion i had was more like - sell it to the first guy you see on the road) and with the very same money go and book the car at Kashyap motors.

A little rude and not so well informed SP gives my money a warm welcome and offers me a coffee - to which i unfortunately said yes... the guy vanishes for half an hour (at least it seemed so). Finally when i get hold of him he is showing a Passat to some other customer...

gibberish gibberish***screwed his happiness*** gibberish gibberish

Got another SP who didn't have the knowledge but was a little more courteous... i still prefer that (besides TeamBHP compensated for his lack of knowledge... actually it did a better job)

Pestered the SP for the next 2.5 months to gimme my POLO... (with my dad constantly making it worse with his taunts - Mera kaha mana hota toh aaj basson mein dhakke nahin kha rahe hote)

Cut to the Saturday 15th May,

Finally the SP calls me up on Saturday saying the car is on it's way, will reach on Tuesday. why don't you come and sign the paperwork today, we can hurry the process (well unfortunate for him, i was better informed)*** gibberish gibberish.

Just came back after seeing my White Polo TL at the showroom. Did the PDI at the showroom itself and signed the Form 20 ... The car's looking beautiful!!!!

Will add photographs just when i manage to figure out how...

And if you've managed to read till the very end, you get a free test drive of my polo when i get it and when it gets old

Cheers
Siddharth

p.s. - Mods let me know if you think i need to add intervals or more like a coffee/lunch break somewhere in between
Old 18th May 2010, 20:22   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Hello Guys, my friend wants to buy Polo Trendline but Pune dealer is not ready to fillup any date on booking form. According to my friend the dealer is quite rude and not ready to listen anything.

Are you guys get any date on Booking form? or is it the same for everyone? Though my friend has written mail to VW but he did not get any reply.
The booking form obviously has the date and you get a booking receipt which specifies the same. Although, no delivery date has been promised.

Most Viewed