Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 12:15   #1336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Had booked a TL Polo and was patiently waiting for delivery of my car which was in the month of October. Lost my patience as it seemed insane after some time to wait for nearly 6 months for a 5L car and went straight to Downtown VW and cancelled my booking!!! Bought a Ritz the very same day which was delivered in 5 days!!
With due respect to all Polo fans here, this car is not an outstanding package which demands such a long waiting period. Anyways if VW wish to hike sales they really need to pull up their socks and reduce the delivery period which are driving away potential customers.

,same here buddy, because of the waiting period, and not such a great package worth waiting for, I was wondered buying a Honda city or another i20 (already have one in family), finally booked the newer version of Asta silver with outstanding features already delivered and driven 300 kms. Still that doesn't make me a lesser fan of VW. Let them enlarge their portfolio and would pick the best one later.For now, I can only admire polos on road.
(adios VW, hasta la vista ).VW has been loosing considerable amount of polo seekers because of the delivery schedule, but I guess they are BIG enough to afford this minor loss and still come out with flying colors in years to come, as always.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:16   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
10K? Which organisation you belong to? I am from Wipro and got 8k
Hey,
The discount of 10k is on Highline only on other versions it is 8k so maybe that was the reason for you getting 8k discount.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:37   #1338
BHPian

Ok. Ya I have CL, probably thts the reason !
Old 25th May 2010, 13:39   #1339
BHPian

Anyone having Highline, please let us know what kind of accuracy is provided by fuel efficiency display?
Old 25th May 2010, 16:05   #1340

Signed for my car on 18th May (Tuesday) and am still waiting for the delivery. I see the car everyday in the morning but still can't take it home. :( this is getting to me.

Also can someone with a TL confirm if the car comes with a cigarette lighter/ashtray or no... first they told me it does, now they tell me it doesn't... they're confusing me.

And making me wait!

Cheers
Siddharth
Old 25th May 2010, 16:14   #1341
BHPian

its sad to see that people are cancelling bookings, but its equally true that 6 months waiting is extremely difficult to digest. is it worth? well the argument is open but off the topic. according to one of my source, VW had only targeted the urban crowd and never expected such overwhelming response (jumping into 2nd fastest car growing market without expectations?) , another reason he mentioned is about their plant, it is not at all running to its full capacity. Now what kind of engine is running this management?
Old 25th May 2010, 16:26   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
its sad to see that people are cancelling bookings, but its equally true that 6 months waiting is extremely difficult to digest. is it worth? well the argument is open but off the topic. according to one of my source, VW had only targeted the urban crowd and never expected such overwhelming response (jumping into 2nd fastest car growing market without expectations?) , another reason he mentioned is about their plant, it is not at all running to its full capacity. Now what kind of engine is running this management?
Yeah it is pretty disappointing and I am also keeping fingers crossed that my polo gets delivered in 3-4 months which the dealer promised 10 days back. However while talking to the dealer he told me that VW is focusing on Diesel version more and it is getting a bigger response. (I cant believe that as it is very expensive with base version at 7lakhs on road in Bangalore). He was also saying that Petrol version might have a longer waiting due to this fact too. Can someone confirm the booking numbers for diesel version?
Old 25th May 2010, 16:26   #1343
Senior - BHPian

formel, when are you expecting the car now. Due to sheer frustration I am unsure of my next course of action. No one seems to be sure when the car will arrive. The only saving grace is that the dealer has agreed for a corporate discount. If VW could reduce the waiting time this car would have easily matched the i20 numbers.That is the volume of inquiries i am seeing sitting at the dealership. But just a mention of 6 months waiting period is enough to end the deal.

Last edited by poloman : 25th May 2010 at 16:29.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:17   #1344
BHPian

I had booked polo TL petrol on march 15th. Dealer had promised delivery by this month end. Now he is saying its going to take one more month. Am wondering what if he does the same after one more month.

1. Any ideas how to deal with this?
2. He says they are getting more diesels. Is diesel good? So that I can switch from petrol to diesel.

Poloman,
Did you get your car delivered?
Old 25th May 2010, 20:27   #1345
Senior - BHPian

yash, I am yet to get my car booked in feb. Which is your dealer? I don't think they are getting diesel cars either. Not even a test car available for diesel. These are mere gimmicks.
Old 25th May 2010, 20:43   #1346
BHPian

So much advertising and cars not getting delivered. Wow!

Bookings are slowly getting canceled. New bookings are taken by dealership, no delivery date given, promises not kept.

Will the situation ever improve?
Old 25th May 2010, 20:51   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash.giri View Post
I had booked polo TL petrol on march 15th. Dealer had promised delivery by this month end. Now he is saying its going to take one more month. Am wondering what if he does the same after one more month.

2. He says they are getting more diesels. Is diesel good? So that I can switch from petrol to diesel.

Poloman,
Switch to diesel - you will not repent!
Go through me earlier postings, you may get some idea on your 1st question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
So much advertising and cars not getting delivered. Wow!

Bookings are slowly getting canceled. New bookings are taken by dealership, no delivery date given, promises not kept.

Will the situation ever improve?
Clearly they have 50% more booking than they had anticipated. 10% cancellation will not make much difference.

I agree that this is a pathetic show of organizational skill.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:50   #1348
BHPian

So Deliveries are now proving to be Delay Worries for VW.

But wait.....patience generally pays.
Old 26th May 2010, 03:03   #1349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash.giri View Post

Poloman,
I would suggest you switch to Diesel. This is what happened to me as well. I booked a Petrol TL in end Feb. I was supposed to get the car by end March, which was later extended to end April. When that time came, I got a call saying that there was a truckload of TLs on the way from Pune but the company had shipped Diesels instead of Petrols ordered by the Dealer! I find that hard to believe, I think it is more because of supply availablity than to shipping errors. But I quickly switched to the Diesel after I did soem reasearch on the Polo Bluemotion to be launched in UK.

We in India are the first in the world to get the new Diesel engine. It is incredibly fuel efficient, and only as noisy as the petrol. True there are repots of Tubo Lag, but I am used to driving Diesels and you quickly get used to it and learn how to work the gears to get the best out of the car at any speed. The Gearshift is so smooth, I bet it will not be too painful to use it a bit more often.

The dealer did deliver the Diesel 2 days back, though there were some delays related to road transport approvals and registration. So I think I made the right decision in flipping my choice to Diesel on the spur of the moment othrwise I may still be waiting....
Old 26th May 2010, 14:30   #1350
BHPian

I have some news for all you guys!

I went to the VW showroom yesterday, here in Hyd and the SP adviced me to book the car in October since they are launching the 'Polo Sedan' and that VW is considering a price correction of the Polo. He expects the Polo to be sold at about 1Lakh less than the current price. I found that hard to be believe but it came from a SP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks