Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 14:52   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
I have some news for all you guys!

I went to the VW showroom yesterday, here in Hyd and the SP adviced me to book the car in October since they are launching the 'Polo Sedan' and that VW is considering a price correction of the Polo. He expects the Polo to be sold at about 1Lakh less than the current price. I found that hard to be believe but it came from a SP.
From what I've heard is, VW is suffering a loss on every Polo that they are making. Yes, it sounds weird but that is what ACI quoted. And in the coming months, VW will hike the price of Polo.
The least VW could do is add some more features to the car like electric mirrors, USB/aux-in etc.
Old 26th May 2010, 16:03   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
I have some news for all you guys!

I went to the VW showroom yesterday, here in Hyd and the SP adviced me to book the car in October since they are launching the 'Polo Sedan' and that VW is considering a price correction of the Polo. He expects the Polo to be sold at about 1Lakh less than the current price. I found that hard to be believe but it came from a SP.
Yeah I also got to know that from VW dealer that the sedan will be out by year end and ex showroom price of 10 lakhs but Price correction is highly doubtful, max it can do is add some features on the top end one, Trendline cannot go down by a lakh, too optimistic
Old 26th May 2010, 20:52   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Yeah I also got to know that from VW dealer that the sedan will be out by year end and ex showroom price of 10 lakhs but Price correction is highly doubtful, max it can do is add some features on the top end one, Trendline cannot go down by a lakh, too optimistic
Reducing the price by a lakh would be a suicidal move and one that can have the same effect as the Daewoo move to slash the Cielo's prices by a huge margin.

Price correction (if true), this early into a launch, stinks.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:56   #1354
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Saw 2 more polo's, the numbers are growing. Man everytime i look at it, its looks really classy and wish i could buy it. The waiting period, damn that
Had visited the showroom, the rear seat comfort is really bad, over long drives it will be a pain to sit at the back. The space is less, and also the angle is too straight. That apart, nothing major i could see as a deal breaker.
Clearly the classiest looking premium hatch on the roads (just my own opinion)
Old 27th May 2010, 12:31   #1355
Senior - BHPian

mkh, going by the fact that only 10% of the bookings have been delivered in Bangalore, you can expect to see a lot more of them on Bangalore roads in the near future. After a long time we are seeing a car design which is conventional,clean and classy.
The rumor of price correction is nothing but total crap.

Last edited by poloman : 27th May 2010 at 12:33.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:45   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Saw 2 more polo's, the numbers are growing. Man everytime i look at it, its looks really classy and wish i could buy it. The waiting period, damn that
Had visited the showroom, the rear seat comfort is really bad, over long drives it will be a pain to sit at the back. The space is less, and also the angle is too straight. That apart, nothing major i could see as a deal breaker.
Err,.. starting from a base of zero, any new product's numbers will grow! Where will it top off is the question.

That apart, what I'm more interested in is what happened to the Blitz we expected from VW. Huge waiting periods are one thing. I can count the number of actual owners of this car on this forum on practically one hand, and most if not ALL of them seem to have nothing to say about their acquisitions once they got them. All the threads have gone dry after delivery.

Anyone home?
Old 27th May 2010, 12:56   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Err,.. starting from a base of zero, any new product's numbers will grow! Where will it top off is the question.

That apart, what I'm more interested in is what happened to the Blitz we expected from VW. Huge waiting periods are one thing. I can count the number of actual owners of this car on this forum on practically one hand, and most if not ALL of them seem to have nothing to say about their acquisitions once they got them. All the threads have gone dry after delivery.

Anyone home?
Maybe they're too busy enjoying their cars
Old 27th May 2010, 13:12   #1358

And i've got it

Hey just got back from the showroom with my White POLO TL. The car drove just fine, though seemed a little less powerful (you can owe that to me driving an ikon prior to this).

Have a look at the photographs, could only click a few photographs, it's too hot outside in delhi and i can't find my camera... sorry for uploading pics from the phone camera.

In the pics you can probably also see the seat covers i've gone in for.

Will add more photographs when i find my stupid camera.

Also can someone tell me if the Polo TL comes with a cigarette lighter and an ashtray or not. The SP told me it doesn't but i clearly remember seeing TLs with the ashtray and the lighter. even on the 29th page you can see pics of a TL with an ashtray in it.

Cheers
Siddharth
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-20100527-12.27.23.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-20100527-12.27.45.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-20100527-12.28.41.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 14:21   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidkapur30 View Post
Hey just got back from the showroom with my White POLO TL. The car drove just fine, though seemed a little less powerful (you can owe that to me driving an ikon prior to this).

Cheers
Siddharth
Hey sid... white looks nice. Good seat covers too. Where did you get them ??
Just curious as to why your so particular about the cigarette lighter !! Please post more pics
Old 27th May 2010, 15:03   #1360
BHPian

Hey Sid, Congrats!

Please start a new thread with your ownership review. We dont mind pics from your phone camera . There are very few Polo ownership threads and as crackingride rightly said, all of them have gone dry!
Old 27th May 2010, 15:36   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Hey Sid, Congrats!

Please start a new thread with your ownership review. We dont mind pics from your phone camera . There are very few Polo ownership threads and as crackingride rightly said, all of them have gone dry!
Hey Sid Congrats, the car looks great, do let us know the FE you are getting
Old 27th May 2010, 20:00   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post

Anyone home?
But for the threads to continue, people have to participate. Thread starter can only do so much. We should collectively take the responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidkapur30 View Post

Have a look at the photographs, could only click a few photographs, it's too hot outside in delhi and i can't find my camera... sorry for uploading pics from the phone camera.

In the pics you can probably also see the seat covers i've gone in for.

Will add more photographs when i find my stupid camera.

Also can someone tell me if the Polo TL comes with a cigarette lighter and an ashtray or not. The SP told me it doesn't but i clearly remember seeing TLs with the ashtray and the lighter. even on the 29th page you can see pics of a TL with an ashtray in it.

Cheers
Siddharth
Congratulations Sidharth! Please start your own thread at the earliest.
Having bought a new TL, you are in a better position to inform us about cigarette lighter - Is it not? But why are you asking this? - Do you have any doubts on the integrity of the dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Mine will add to the numbers by next week end!

To tell you frankly, my family liked the Polo rear seat comforts much more then the other cars we test drove. These seats are primarily designed by orthopedic surgeons for lamber support. Even the head rest is designed to give a good cervical support. In case of accidents, these head supports tilt to give added support to our neck. Leg room at the rear is definitely at a premium. But even this is not a problem when medium height people are sitting.

Today, most of us do not use rear seats 90% of the time. Other times when we are using, it is manageable. Polo is mainly to be used as a self driven vehicle, rather than a chaffer driven vehicle. This is the reason these European cars like Polo, Punto have more prominence for front row space and the boot space. For people who use rear seats more than 50% of the time, there are other cars. This is only my opinion.

Had been to the dealership today. Here are some numbers;
  • About 700 bookings done till last month at Elite motors alone.
  • Out of which 250 will be delivered by Aug-31, as per current schedule.
  • Dealer hoping that VW will get in to action and start delivering more number of cars by July.
  • Current daily average - 2 cancellations and 12 new bookings!!
  • All cancellations related to delivery issues.
Not at all looking good. IMHO people who book now can expect deliveries only in 2011!!! I think that the current import of components is around 75%. Hence the delay.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:31   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
But for the threads to continue, people have to participate. Thread starter can only do so much. We should collectively take the responsibility.

Congratulations Sidharth! Please start your own thread at the earliest.
Having bought a new TL, you are in a better position to inform us about cigarette lighter - Is it not? But why are you asking this? - Do you have any doubts on the integrity of the dealer?

Mine will add to the numbers by next week end!

To tell you frankly, my family liked the Polo rear seat comforts much more then the other cars we test drove. These seats are primarily designed by orthopedic surgeons for lamber support. Even the head rest is designed to give a good cervical support. In case of accidents, these head supports tilt to give added support to our neck. Leg room at the rear is definitely at a premium. But even this is not a problem when medium height people are sitting.

Today, most of us do not use rear seats 90% of the time. Other times when we are using, it is manageable. Polo is mainly to be used as a self driven vehicle, rather than a chaffer driven vehicle. This is the reason these European cars like Polo, Punto have more prominence for front row space and the boot space. For people who use rear seats more than 50% of the time, there are other cars. This is only my opinion.

• Dealer hoping that VW will get in to action and start delivering more number of cars by July.
Not at all looking good. IMHO people who book now can expect deliveries only in 2011!!! I think that the current import of components is around 75%. Hence the delay.
Man I am scared , I booked 2 weeks back at Elite motors and he said I will get in 3-4 months max but your info of only 250 cars by Aug 31 is scary.............

anyways can someone tell me what is the price at which the dealer is taking back the OEM fitted audio system in Highline version?
Old 27th May 2010, 20:33   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+1 This is a normal characteristics of European cars.
Quote:
700 bookings is tremendous, yet 2 cancellations per day is not good. But the dealerships seems to be least bothered since they will happily allocate the car to the next customer in the queue.After having waited for months it is not wise to cancel at the last stage. Some one else will coolly walk away with your car.
Chetan, Did you check on the corporate discount? The SM told I am eligible for 10K

Last edited by poloman : 27th May 2010 at 20:37.
Old 27th May 2010, 21:51   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
anyways can someone tell me what is the price at which the dealer is taking back the OEM fitted audio system in Highline version?
5K if you want to sell it. 40K if you want to buy it!
Any body interested? I can give mine for 20K !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan, Did you check on the corporate discount? The SM told I am eligible for 10K
I am not eligible since I am in to business. Only bad thing about being self employed!

@Carfanatic 007 - Try to get the commitment in writing. That can help you to a great extent. Otherwise ..... IMHO forget it for this year if it is Highline.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 27th May 2010 at 22:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks