Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 22:28   #1366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
5K if you want to sell it. 40K if you want to buy it!
Any body interested? I can give mine for 20K !!!

I am not eligible since I am in to business. Only bad thing about being self employed!

@Carfanatic 007 - Try to get the commitment in writing. That can help you to a great extent. Otherwise ..... IMHO forget it for this year if it is Highline.
@ Chethan et al, how will you get a written commitment from the dealer? My SP flatly refused that for polo they are giving no commitment. So please let me know if they are giving commitment to others then I will also go and fight out at Elite motors.

Regarding the audio system I heard they will pay 3k (yes paltry sum of 3k) and replace with other Kenwood options which you choose and pay for
Old 28th May 2010, 08:03   #1367

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Hey sid... white looks nice. Good seat covers too. Where did you get them ??
Just curious as to why your so particular about the cigarette lighter !! Please post more pics
The seat covers i got from the showroom itself, the were the sports one as listed in their accessories brochure.
And about the cigarette lighter, i was told by the old SP it will have it... also i had seen many TL cars with it, but now this new SP tells me that it use to come earlier but now it doesn't.... i want the cigarette lighter. i can get it from outside but why should i not get it when others have got it. besides the company one looks better than what i can get from outside.

Cheers
Siddharth
Old 28th May 2010, 08:16   #1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Hey Sid, Congrats!

Please start a new thread with your ownership review. We dont mind pics from your phone camera . There are very few Polo ownership threads and as crackingride rightly said, all of them have gone dry!
Thanks. About the new thread i think i'll need to click some more photographs before i get on with it. But it is on its way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Hey Sid Congrats, the car looks great, do let us know the FE you are getting
Thanks carfanatic, i will update on the FE in a day or two

Quote:
Congratulations Sidharth! Please start your own thread at the earliest.
Having bought a new TL, you are in a better position to inform us about cigarette lighter - Is it not? But why are you asking this? - Do you have any doubts on the integrity of the dealer?

Mine will add to the numbers by next week end!
Thanks Chetan, the lighter issue is the only one thing that is troubling me. the dealer, from what i know and felt, was an honest one, but then again the kinds who wants to get out of situations very easily, he isn't the kinds who'll fight with / request the company for my lighter. i clearly remember seeing it on other TLs. any how, let's not panter on a lighter for now, we all look forward to your POLO.

Cheers
Siddharth
Old 28th May 2010, 08:29   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
@ Chethan et al, how will you get a written commitment from the dealer? My SP flatly refused that for polo they are giving no commitment. So please let me know if they are giving commitment to others then I will also go and fight out at Elite motors.

Regarding the audio system I heard they will pay 3k (yes paltry sum of 3k) and replace with other Kenwood options which you choose and pay for
AFAIK they are not giving any written commitment anywhere in Bangalore. Try Palace road dealer also. If he is giving you in writing, even if it is 5 months for a highline, it will be better. Since your present booking is only 15 days old, you can cancel it also (if you get it right at palace road).

Highline is the most difficult one to get. If it is TL or CL, it is easier. You may get it in 4 months. This is because, the import component is higher in HL. Dealer told me that VW sales in Europe has increased a lot recently. Because of this, there is a crunch situation all over for delivery. As of today they are simply not in a position to commit. IMO all this price reduction rumors is to keep customers in hold until Oct. I think by then things will ease out.

By the way, I got to know that VW preponed Polo launch to support it's Dealers on there viability. Dealers did not have viability with only Beetle, Passat and Jetta in there kitty. So Dealers asked VW to launch Polo ahead of plan. They obviously did not except this response. So now they have a headache. But for them, it is a nice headache to have!!

You still have a lot of time to worry about Audio system!! Try to sell it directly to a TL/CL customer who is interested to have a factory fitment.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:32   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
I have some news for all you guys!

I went to the VW showroom yesterday, here in Hyd and the SP adviced me to book the car in October since they are launching the 'Polo Sedan' and that VW is considering a price correction of the Polo. He expects the Polo to be sold at about 1Lakh less than the current price. I found that hard to be believe but it came from a SP.
with around 50% localization VW is just "managing" to offer polo at competitive price, I dont see even a remote possibility that they would slash the price that too by almost 20% ! specially at the time when they would be actually getting into profit making zone.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:24   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, Are you sure of the delivery happening next week? Is the SP aware of the dispatch date from Pune? The written commitment and all doesn't have much face value. I have a written commitment to get the car delivered in May 3rd week. Still Waiting..!!

Last edited by poloman : 28th May 2010 at 12:34.
Old 28th May 2010, 12:28   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan, Are you sure of the delivery happening next week? Is the SP aware of the dispatch date from Pune? The written commitment and all don't have much face value. I have a written commitment to get the car delivered in May 3rd week. Still Waiting..!!
Poloman, which dealer did you book at ?

Till now SP is saying that it is on track and car is expected in 3-4 months but looking at all the inputs I am sure there will be additional 1-2 months delay
Old 28th May 2010, 12:45   #1373
Senior - BHPian

VW Down town. The SP is not aware of the status of my car which needs to be dispatched this week latest. Then how can he predict things 3-4 months down the lane. But there is chance that you will receive the car on time if VW increases the production and meet the demand.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:20   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan, Are you sure of the delivery happening next week? Is the SP aware of the dispatch date from Pune? The written commitment and all don't have much face value. I have a written commitment to get the car delivered in May 3rd week. Still Waiting..!!
Yes. I will get mine delivered by around Thursday. It is being dispatched from Pune today. Had a discussion with their GM yesterday. He has asked me to leave my old car on Monday (Spark - Exchange). So, I am sure that he is telling the truth.

Schedules are available with the Sales Manager. Meet him and get the update. Ask him if it is Invoiced. If it is so, you will get your car within 4 working days. I am sure that you will get your car at the earliest. All the best.

Written commitment does not mean that you will get the delivery on the same week. You can use that to push people. One should always be prepared for a grace period of 15 days in this kind of situations.

IMO for people who are booking the car now:
  • Book Polo only if you are prepared to wait.
  • Try to have a written commitment from the dealer on the month of delivery. (In my case the Dealer honored all his oral commitments. But without written commitment, pressure will be on our side)
  • Be prepared mentally to wait for 1 month extra!
  • 30 days before the committed date, deposit 100% money (If possible).
  • Start putting pressure 1 week before the committed date.
  • Keep your fingers crossed!!
Now, it is up to each one of us to decide whether Polo is worth all this!! IMHO go for it if you like it. It does not matter which car - What we like is more important. 4-6 months is fine if you can have the car you like for the next 5-7 years.

But waiting is like hell!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 28th May 2010 at 13:22.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:07   #1375
BHPian

called up my dealer to ask about status of deliveries and my committed delivery of next month. what do you expect guys? come on, take a guess and you shall find one more disappointed customer, yes thats me. Dealer is getting only TL and CL in red and silver. People who booked cars after me are getting deliveries, they have just not received any HL till now SP said in first week of June they shall get delivery schedule from VW and accordingly update. I think they should change the trim name from Highline to Longline

Last edited by formel_eins : 28th May 2010 at 14:09.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:49   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Polo Petrol high line is turning out hard to get. Nothing is more irritating than the sight of people booked after you getting the deliveries.All common parts in stock for petrol high lines are diverted to Diesel high lines it seems.
Quote:
[*]Keep your fingers crossed!![/list]Now, it is up to each one of us to decide whether Polo is worth all this!! IMHO go for it if you like it. It does not matter which car - What we like is more important. 4-6 months is fine if you can have the car you like for the next 5-7 years.

But waiting is like hell!
I tried hard but my mind is stuck on this car.

Last edited by poloman : 28th May 2010 at 14:53.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:51   #1377
BHPian

Chetan,
Can you please provide the number of the GM bangalore region. My car delivery has been deplayed by one month and now SP says one more month!!
Old 28th May 2010, 17:17   #1378
mkh
Senior - BHPian

I guess there is no use of complaining or fretting over delivery delays. This situation is not going to improve for anothe 4-5 months MINIMUM, such is the backlog. It all points to something- we are such a starved nation for cars, that we can wait for 1/2 a year to get a car!!! Whenever i see a polo on the road, start to understand the readiness for even such a long wait, but when i see other offerings, feel- whats the big deal!
Poor sales guys- will have to bear the brunt of this, but looking at their commissions, they will not mind. Added to that is the fact, they have people walking in, while the rest have to go out and seek business. The hyundai guy who i bot the i-10 from,told me, his sales are under pressure for the past 2 months, while the VW showroom i went to last sat, had a cool 30 mins wait for only the TD. The sales folks there were not even bothered to hold me back when i said, its too long and am going!!
With the new versions of the i20 and the new micra, VW may have to step up and not take the customer for granted.
Old 28th May 2010, 17:47   #1379
Senior - BHPian

The greatest challenge for any company is to sustain the sales once the initial euphoria is over.Look, what has happened to Punto. May be VW is having a well thought out strategy of attaching a hard to get image for Polo. People tend to fall for such items. The Polo success also proves that still there are lot of takers for conventional designs in a market flooded with buggish and alien looking designs.
Old 28th May 2010, 17:59   #1380
BHPian

Are we discussing the car or only its waiting periods - with mysterious "reasons" for the same? Or is it so that there's nothing more to say about the Polo anymore (including the handful of owners)?

Is it only the euphoria and anticipation that starts such a thread, because the discussion now is hardly bout the car itself!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks