Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:16   #1441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
@uvmallya, Congrats mate i am so happy to see someone from Mangalore with the polo.are you starting a seperate ownership thread on your polo?i suggest you do but in the meantime can you answer some of my queries

1) From which dealer did you purchase the car?i contacted Palace cross VW but no response to my mails

2)What about service?i know regular service is at a gap of nearly 1 year but what about accident repair etc?is there a dealer coming up in Mangalore?
Thanks mate for the good wishes. I may not start an ownership thread separately at the moment but would be too happy to answer your queries. I bought my car from "Downtown Volkswagen" Bengaluru. Regarding service/repairs, at the moment it will be available only at Bangalore. I do believe that Mangalore will have a dealership in the next 8 to 10 months.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:13   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
My first job in the morning is to call the dealer They told it is currently in hosur road stock yard. No jubilation till I see the car in flesh. Call them up and see. Most probably both cars might have come in the same batch. Yes, the formalities will take 2 more days.
Yes Poloman - Both cars may have come in the same batch. I spoke to the manager and he has confirmed delivery of my car by tomorrow evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Poloman and Chetan, when you do get your cars, will you be posting full fledged reviews with lot's of pics?

Please do so!
Anekho! Let me have my car first! I will post as many pics as you want! And do not worry, I will not do a vanishing act either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
1) From which dealer did you purchase the car?i contacted Palace cross VW but no response to my mails

2)What about service?i know regular service is at a gap of nearly 1 year but what about accident repair etc?is there a dealer coming up in Mangalore?
1. Contact Mr. Sayed on Mob: 9900335335. he works for VW - downtown.

2. VW warranty also covers road side assistance any where in India free of charge. So, do not worry. Dealer in Mangalore - may take time IMO 6 months. But ultimately VW can not ignore Mangalore for sure!!
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:06   #1443
Senior - BHPian

VW Palace cross is pathetic. They are researching on how to dissuade a prospective customer from buying the car.KA will have atleast two more dealerships. Most probably Hubli and Mangalore.
Suddenly the count of Polos are going up on the forum.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:38   #1444
BHPian

[quote=Chethan B G;1919437]Yes Poloman - Both cars may have come in the same batch. I spoke to the manager and he has confirmed delivery of my car by tomorrow evening!

Congrats so 2 new additions expected over the weekend
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:59   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
Thanks mate for the good wishes. I may not start an ownership thread separately at the moment but would be too happy to answer your queries. I bought my car from "Downtown Volkswagen" Bengaluru. Regarding service/repairs, at the moment it will be available only at Bangalore. I do believe that Mangalore will have a dealership in the next 8 to 10 months.

Thank you very much for the info!!i am sure they cannot ignore Mangalore for too long as i am sure there are many in Mangalore who would want and can buy the Polo!!

I am also thinking of getting service in Calicut in case a service centre does not open in Mangalore in time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post

1. Contact Mr. Sayed on Mob: 9900335335. he works for VW - downtown.

2. VW warranty also covers road side assistance any where in India free of charge. So, do not worry. Dealer in Mangalore - may take time IMO 6 months. But ultimately VW can not ignore Mangalore for sure!!
Thank you Chettan for your help.like poloman said, i do not think palace cross is serious about selling cars!!no reply to my email after 2 days.this despite me even calling them and telling them to check my mail!!
Old 4th June 2010, 12:17   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Three and half months of waiting is over..! I just came after seeing the car in flesh. Did a small PDI. Everything is touchwood !! She has gone for registration. Planning to take delivery by 4PM. Will start an ownership thread soon.

Last edited by poloman : 4th June 2010 at 12:18.
Old 4th June 2010, 13:01   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Three and half months of waiting is over..! I just came after seeing the car in flesh. Did a small PDI. Everything is touchwood !! She has gone for registration. Planning to take delivery by 4PM. Will start an ownership thread soon.
Heartiest Congratulations mate!!

If you don't mind mentioning again, which color and variant did you go for?

Eagerly awaiting the ownership report and pics to drool
Old 4th June 2010, 13:31   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations poloman!! I will get my car delivered at 6 PM!
Old 4th June 2010, 14:03   #1449
BHPian

hey chetan and poloman, congratulations guys on your beauties, God I am so jealous and waiting period is killing me Guys we are expecting photoshoot and ownership thread, well actually you can start it right now. I got my delivery update, it would be in first week on July as against promised delivery in 3rd week of June
Old 4th June 2010, 14:05   #1450
BHPian

Poloman, Chethan.....Congrats buddies, awaiting your reviews, have 2 more months to write mine.

Chethan, do post some pics. Haven't yet had a close look at a Black one except for at the Polo Cup. Also please do let me know of the audio quality of the OEM system and whether there is any way to add a USB port.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:52   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
hey chetan and poloman, congratulations guys on your beauties, God I am so jealous and waiting period is killing me Guys we are expecting photoshoot and ownership thread, well actually you can start it right now. I got my delivery update, it would be in first week on July as against promised delivery in 3rd week of June
Formal_eins @ Do not worry. We will keep you engaged on our threads until then! Be prepared for an extra week as usual!!
By the way, I already started mine - But attracted attention since I had not completed my postings. I thought of spliting my entire posting in to 3 parts - But it backfired. Will request for a restart today night and post further proceedings.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1919946
Old 4th June 2010, 15:20   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
Same here formel_eins, I booked 3 weeks back,so another 3 months. Praying that some miracle will happen and dealership will say come this week and pick the car
Old 4th June 2010, 15:33   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys. Mine is a Petrol highline red. OTR Rs695417. More details in the ownership report.
Old 5th June 2010, 22:53   #1454
BHPian

Had been to VW Downtown to test drive Polo (3rd time), as always the car was busy with already few people waiting to test drive. There was one black TDi comfortline parked as display car. God knows which unlucky guy will get this car, people were banging the doors as hard as they could, moving gear lever from outside and punching the front bumper.

All the sales guys were busy with customers. Finally I found a man wearing VW id in one corner and I told him I am interested in a petrol trendline. He started explaining about the features giving me a photocopy of the price list. I asked him if I can get a music system outside of VW? He said NO. Autocop? NO. So if I buy a trendline, I have to drive without a system and keyless entry? YES. He said, if I buy anything outside VW, warranty is void and VW is very strict about this. I just walked away.
Old 5th June 2010, 23:33   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Taking a small break from this thread. Will update Polo experiences on my ownerhsip thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-arrived.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks