Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 22:19   #1471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
I didn't even get any of these paper Cars, the dealer here in noida didn't bother to call up and update me about delivery. How did you get these letters were they post to you or you collect from dealer personally.

Does anyone know about kashyap Vehicle Works in Noida, they had just delivered only 17 Cars in the city. I doubt there credentials whether they will be able to deliver Car within this month which they have promised.

I got mine from Kashyap motors NOIDA, but i booked it pretty early, when did you book it?

Cheers
Siddharth
Old 12th June 2010, 16:10   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidkapur30 View Post
I got mine from Kashyap motors NOIDA, but i booked it pretty early, when did you book it?

Cheers
Siddharth
My Booking date was 28th March & I am hoping to get it delivered by the end of this month as what they have told me. I guess your car was delivered long back.
Old 14th June 2010, 00:25   #1473
Distinguished - BHPian

Was that a T-BHPian I saw on SP Road this afternoon, in a red Polo? (Foreign guy in a Swift who gave a thumbs-up to your car).

Whoever it was, thanks for my first glimpse of this car: it is a great looking car, and I'm practically sold. I was falling in love with the Micra, and a Polo swept me off my feet.
Old 14th June 2010, 08:50   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Starting to see a few of them on Delhi roads and looks like a spiritual successor to my Palio, more so than the Punto. The same classic hatchback styling with minimal curves but gorgeous overall.

P.S. The build quality is evident when you see it in person. It looks better screwed together than the segment benchmark Jazz. The shutlines all over are very tight.
Old 14th June 2010, 10:08   #1475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Was that a T-BHPian I saw on SP Road this afternoon, in a red Polo? (Foreign guy in a Swift who gave a thumbs-up to your car).

Whoever it was, thanks for my first glimpse of this car: it is a great looking car, and I'm practically sold. I was falling in love with the Micra, and a Polo swept me off my feet.
Yes indeed, the Polo does look very good. I think that it looks better in the lighter shades (red is an exception).

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Starting to see a few of them on Delhi roads and looks like a spiritual successor to my Palio, more so than the Punto. The same classic hatchback styling with minimal curves but gorgeous overall.

P.S. The build quality is evident when you see it in person. It looks better screwed together than the segment benchmark Jazz. The shutlines all over are very tight.
Right again, classic hatchback sums it up. Personally, I think the Punto looks better, and is the actual spiritual successor to the Palio (more so when the VGT version comes). Make no mistake, the Punto is built like a tank too.

But, it's great for the Indian consumer to have a choice between these two. I sometimes wonder if Skoda (a reason why I don't trust VW at all) had had good service, they probably had a real shot at making the Fabia all that the Polo is trying to be. Somehow, the Skoda fiasco (strong word, but I think it's true) just doesn't make sense; why would a company with a premium image, shoot itself in the foot with such business practices?

I would like the perspective of prospective and current Polo owners about why they trust VW service?
Old 14th June 2010, 14:11   #1476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Somehow, the Skoda fiasco (strong word, but I think it's true)
I think it is true too, and this is still worrying me about buying VW --- and I have both the Polo and the Jetta in my mind as possibles just now.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:13   #1477
BHPian

@Amartya, A*S*S plays a major role in deciding car. Just because Skodas service is bad makes no logic to say that VW should not be trusted. Would you doubt service of Jaguar because TATA is the parent company? Horror stories of Skoda haunt some of its customers, same cannot be said for VW owners. Lets take-up Punto for instance, which is being serviced by guys who treat Indicas and sumos, only a thought of it sent shivers down my spine and was a deal breaker for me. VW dealers have been satisfactorily servicing premium cars from their stable, this boosts confidence and makes you believe that a Polo would also be treated in a similar way. Well thats my take and reason of belief in VW.

Last edited by formel_eins : 14th June 2010 at 14:15.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:57   #1478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
Lets take-up Punto for instance, which is being serviced by guys who treat Indicas and sumos, only a thought of it sent shivers down my spine and was a deal breaker for me. VW dealers have been satisfactorily servicing premium cars from their stable, this boosts confidence and makes you believe that a Polo would also be treated in a similar way. Well thats my take and reason of belief in VW.
I am sorry but what sort of an argument is this. Are you being an elitist here? Mind you Indica Vista is a far better car than a lot of cars around.
Going by your same logic we should discount VW A$$ simply because they service 'only' premium cars and hence would charge exorbitant costs for the service.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:01   #1479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hence would charge exorbitant costs for the service
That is another of my worries.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:04   #1480
Senior - BHPian

I think people in India lose too much sleep thinking about the A.S and make wrong buying decisions. In India what I feel in terms of A.S is Maruti V/S rest. So if you are paranoid about A.S buy Maruti other wise which ever car you like not worrying about the brand. No one can match the availability of spares and mechanics for Maruti cars. This is the reality.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:45   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry but what sort of an argument is this. Are you being an elitist here? Mind you Indica Vista is a far better car than a lot of cars around.
Going by your same logic we should discount VW A$$ simply because they service 'only' premium cars and hence would charge exorbitant costs for the service.
How good is Vista is again an open argument which is OT, what I meant to say is the caliber of service people who treat a VFM product which is tortured beyond its limits. My doubts are on their skills and not the product.

Polo services at 15K and approx. costs including all actuals is between Rs.4-6K, exorbitant?
Old 14th June 2010, 15:50   #1482
BHPian

Quote:

ET, hold on to that little crush that you are developing for the Polo...and let it just be that..a crush. I thought on similar lines as well...until I took a test drive. Lets just say, its nowhere close to the drive you would be expecting. Infact, I'd go on to say that the decade old Palio is far better a car than the Polo, atleast in terms of being a driver's car. And I am not even talking about the engine performance here, which is satisfactory by the way. Will be posting my test drive report on the same.

All I can say is, just like you, I have been looking out for that perfect spiritual successor to the Palio, and the Polo may look like one, but is nowhere close to it...atleast not yet.

Last edited by roms : 14th June 2010 at 15:55.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:56   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How good is Vista is again an open argument which is OT, what I meant to say is the caliber of service people who treat a VFM product which is tortured beyond its limits. My doubts are on their skills and not the product.
And whats your assumption in this case?
1) The same people who work on Sumo will work on the Punto and new gen Indica Vista?
2) You think that someone who works on a Sumo doesnt have the skill to service newer car?

Either ways you would be wrong because its just your assumption.

FYI most of the taxi Indica's and Sumo rarely see the authorized service centers let alone regular servicing.

Quote:
Polo services at 15K and approx. costs including all actuals is between Rs.4-6K, exorbitant?
Absolutely not but my comment was an inference from your argument. I have absolutely no doubts that VW service will be light years ahead of Skoda but that doesnt mean that I have to deride other companies and their service standards.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:57   #1484
Senior - BHPian

If not on driving pleasure, I would be keen to know on what counts a decade old Palio is better than a Polo. Every one agrees Polo is not a driver's car.
Old 14th June 2010, 16:03   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
ET, hold on to that little crush that you are developing for the Polo...and let it just be that..a crush. I thought on similar lines as well...until I took a test drive. Lets just say, its nowhere close to the drive you would be expecting. Infact, I'd go on to say that the decade old Palio is far better a car than the Polo, atleast in terms of being a driver's car. And I am not even talking about the engine performance here, which is satisfactory by the way. Will be posting my test drive report on the same.

All I can say is, just like you, I have been looking out for that perfect spiritual successor to the Palio, and the Polo may look like one, but is nowhere close to it...atleast not yet.
Darn! Looks like I need to drive the Polo asap before I fall hopelessly in love with it in which case I would be blind folded :P
If it wasnt for the budget restriction, I would have bought the Fiesta 1.6S in a heart beat. Lovely car with a punchy free revving engine, nice suspension and heavenly steering... fuel average and no. of seconds to 100 be dammed. Its a hoot to drive, engaging like a car should be, not an appliance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks