Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 10:55   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

And their ad campaign is pretty poor as well... the one with the kid asking if he can book a car in advance? At no point does it ever cover the features of any of the cars or the history that VW has in it's Indian lineup. You think the average Indian consumer is as clued-in as people on this forum? Think again.
VW would have been much better served talking about them merits of the cars or the brand itself.
An ad campaign need not be like a power point presentation
with X no of bullet points highlighting the features/merits one by one.

That would make it boring.
Old 17th March 2010, 11:25   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Even i got a chance to drive the Polo and this is what i wrote in another thread

Which generation Honda city do you drive? It can only be the 77bhp NHC thats feels underpowered with 5 people onboard with AC on. OHC and ANHC have much superior power delivery than Polo 1.2.

Did you actually believe the salesman. Vtec also is a MPi(Multi point fuel injection, Just like any other petrol engine offered today.) engine. Vtec has variable valve lift which the VW lacks. Compared back to back Vtec is more advanced of the two. Even the basic Maruti 800 and Tata Nano come with a Mpi (or you can also call it MPFI) engine.
no no i didnt believe in him, because even though I got a different feeling from engine, i was not ready to digest his explanation, thats why posted here to get some insight
Old 17th March 2010, 11:32   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Just bought a Polo in Flash Red (I still hate red but bought it anyway to maintain a uniformity in my garage). Initial report along with comparisons with my Grande Punto coming soon.
Congratulations Khan, You already have a red Punto so what made you buy another car from the same segment?
Old 17th March 2010, 11:34   #574
BHPian

[quote=.anshuman;1786209]

Which generation Honda city do you drive? It can only be the 77bhp NHC thats feels underpowered with 5 people onboard with AC on. OHC and ANHC have much superior power delivery than Polo 1.2.

I drive 2007 model which gives excellent mileage but it feels underpowered with 5 onboard with AC on. Thats why when I compare it with polo, I was surprised how is a 3-cylinder engine pulling better
Old 17th March 2010, 11:51   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Nice!

You are on fire boss! Awaiting the report. Petrol or Diesel?
should be Petrol, diesel isn’t out yet and will be available only in May

Congrats Khan75. Awaiting Punto/Polo comparison
Old 17th March 2010, 12:09   #576
RGK
Senior - BHPian

In the review about VW polo (diesel & petrol) in today's The Hindu,
- Diesel engine goes easily all the way upto 5200rpm. It is refined and not smooth.
At the same time, need to shift gears to keep it in the power band (between 2k -4.5k rpm)

GTO - Based on the above review could you throw some light on the below

1. Will constantly shifting gears not affect FE?
2. How do you rate esp Swift DDis, Vista Quadra, Punto, Figo TDCi in these RPMs?
3. Each uses different Gear boxes - how it influences the pickup & performance of the above engines.
Old 17th March 2010, 12:26   #577
BHPian

Hyderabad - Test Drive only after 2 Months!!

Just called up the Dealership for a Test Drive(TD) and was informed that Test Drive will not be possible before 1.5 to 2 Months!

I told the person online that on my visit to the showroom some two weeks back, I was told that the TD will be available after 16th. He denied any knowledge of the same and pleaded helplessness on the TD. Said that "We have a waitlist for 2 months on booking. In such a situation a car cannot be wasted for TD!"

"In that case, I might have to go in for another vehicle," I said. "That's your choice Sir. I cannot help it!" was the response I got.

With so many Test Drive reports posted, I was puzzled with this response @ Hyderabad. Has anyone had a TD in Hyderabad?I don't know if this problem is there only with the Hyderabad Dealership or if this problem was faced only by me or if this is a problem only with the Sales person I happend to speak to.

With this kind of a response from the dealer (recount my earlier experience with this same dealer - posted in this thread itself), I don't quite feel like buying a polo...

In stark contrast to this was the experience of the TD with other hatchback launched recently. Everyone at the showroom went out of the way to make us comfortable inspite of a waitlist of 5 customers before me for the TD.

Last edited by SoundManiac : 17th March 2010 at 12:33.
Old 17th March 2010, 12:53   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac View Post
Just called up the Dealership for a Test Drive(TD) and was informed that Test Drive will not be possible before 1.5 to 2 Months!

I told the person online that on my visit to the showroom some two weeks back, I was told that the TD will be available after 16th. He denied any knowledge of the same and pleaded helplessness on the TD. Said that "We have a waitlist for 2 months on booking. In such a situation a car cannot be wasted for TD!"

"In that case, I might have to go in for another vehicle," I said. "That's your choice Sir. I cannot help it!" was the response I got.

With so many Test Drive reports posted, I was puzzled with this response @ Hyderabad. Has anyone had a TD in Hyderabad?I don't know if this problem is there only with the Hyderabad Dealership or if this problem was faced only by me or if this is a problem only with the Sales person I happend to speak to.

With this kind of a response from the dealer (recount my earlier experience with this same dealer - posted in this thread itself), I don't quite feel like buying a polo...

In stark contrast to this was the experience of the TD with other hatchback launched recently. Everyone at the showroom went out of the way to make us comfortable inspite of a waitlist of 5 customers before me for the TD.
What the....
This is bad...really bad. They launch a new car with a view to capturing a considerable market share of the most competitive segment in the industry, and then they put in an inept dealership.
This might really hurt as there are lots of folks out there who book/unbook cars simply by word-of-mouth.
The recent Skoda experience is an eye-opener, that VW should do well to revisit and educate their dealerships about.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:20   #579
BHPian

Quote:

ohhh thats crazyy, my experience with VW dealer in Kolhapur has been excellent. I had gone to showroom for TD on sunday. SP said since it is sunday they dont provide TD as the TD car was in workshop and they cannot open it, and I was like what!!!! I requested him to please arrange for one as we had travelled almost 30Kms just for TD. You know what, he went up to the Sales head, and arranged for a TD on the personal polo of Sales head !!!! That was really nice. Sad to hear about dealer response of Hyderabad, I think you should report his attitude to VW, because they need to hear how unprofessional their Hyderabad dealer is
Old 17th March 2010, 13:57   #580
Senior - BHPian

Have they started the deliveries for the POLO? My friends neighbour got one in his parking already. Silver color.

I told my friend he must be the dealer and a car must be parked at home, turns out he is a doctor and has nothing to do with dealership except that he is a customer
Old 17th March 2010, 14:06   #581
BHPian

some dealers have this attitude
its unfortunate that you had to face this problem
I think Volkswagen have to pull up their shoes

Quote:

Old 17th March 2010, 14:42   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
The 1.2 TSI may not make much moolah for VW in India.
Blow 1 - it will be obscenely priced, ex-showroom.
Blow 2 - expensive to maintain a turbocharged petrol mill - TSI engines have already earned a reputation for oil guzzling in its other avatars (about 500ml of synthetic engine oil every 5000 km or so). Eg. the 1.8 TSI in Laura.

VW better work on a brand-new 4-cyl engine for India and other emerging markets. And fast.
People want power, latest engine, great fuel efficiency, sporty car, snob value, low maintenance, in short an idealistic car at economical prices, God bless the Great Indian customer
Old 17th March 2010, 14:50   #583
BHPian

Quote:

I think that sales person has not yet come out of selling Jetta or Passat mode. He probably thinks anything smaller is waste of his time. VW must know that bad news travels faster.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:45   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Said that "We have a waitlist for 2 months on booking. In such a situation a car cannot be wasted for TD!"
I can't guess the queue count, but it is surprising that so many people booked the Polo without a TD. I mean, what prompted them to commit for one without driving it, just the VW badge? Though I guess it is not as bad in Bangalore, they said I can get an TD appointment by calling them before coming.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:56   #585
BHPian

Update from Cochin: No TD cars available. But we can book the car and it will be delivered. I don't know what the logic is. I will not book a car without TDing it. Be it VW or Merc. This is bad.

Shhhh: My friend has almost managed a TD with the same dealer. I think it might be a vehicle that is supposed to be delivered. He knows them personally.

Most Viewed