Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 13:12   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
+1 to formel_eins .

I think we are just seeing the prices of the vehicle at the topend and comparing it with other hatches and coming to a conclusion . I definitely agree that the pricing of the top end variant with 15 inch tyres and alloys ( the best looking in any Hatch - atleast for me ) + rear defogger /wiper + music system ( not that great ) , ABS and Airbags , offered at 1L above the comfortline doesnt make much sense / justification .If it was atleast 20-25 K lesser than the current price , there wouldnt have been all these criticism against the polo .

But having said that we should not forget the fact that the lowest variant petrol is being offered at 4,34 and diesel at 5.4 ex showroom . They do have tilt and rake adjustable steering wheel with front power windows ! The pricing is quite comparable with Ritz / Swift for the features offered in those variants . And I think none of us would have a difference in opinion with the quality of plastics and the feel that the interiors give .

Comfortline , it do have height adjustable seat , all power windows split rear seat added to Trend Line features with almost 40 K extra ( pardon me if i have missed out any ) .
The tyres that are offered are decent looking 14 inch Appolo acceleres and not like those thin tyres in Ritz / Swift .

Coming to the rear seat , yes its not the best in class , and there is a raised floor at the middle of the rear seat similar to those rear drive cars .
But yea if we compare with Swift / Ritz its almost the same if not better !

If we look at Ford figo from a critics point of view , well it doesnt have power windows at the rear even for the topend variant , doesnt have rear headrest , doesnt have alloys , the tyres are 14inch , no steering adjustment , for tall guys reaching the gear lever would be a problem . The Seat rails are exposed , the door opener from inside feel so brittle . Door shuts with a irritating noise !!

I am not offending any ford owners / figo customers , but trying to look at different vehicles with a critics eye !

Well I think we are carried away with the High line pricing and may be not giving the required respect to what all offered in the other variants .
In the end , its mostly a compromise of one thing over other , no matter which ever vehicle one ends up with .

cheers
I agree with you, Polo is not at all overpriced. Look at the trendline and comfortline, it is cheaper than the i20, Fabia. Comparing it with Swift it gives you lot of features with huge boot and superb ride quality.
Old 19th March 2010, 13:38   #602
BHPian

Is this daylight robbery from VW?

I am getting my POLO (trendline red) delivered on Monday. very excited, but not happy with VW attitude so far

VW is charging Rs 5025 as handling charges. They quoted 21K for insurance and I wanted to get insured from externally for less than 12K. Here is the response from the sales manager about the insurance and handling charges.

"even before making the booking we had sent you the price list mentioning Insurance and full details, the insurance amount Rs. 21004, shown in price list is that of Bumper to Bumper coverage, and if you dont want Bumper to Bumper coverage we are ready to provide insurance at Rs.15815, for any other insurance we dont have any tie up and cannot extend cashless transactions in future.

Handling charge shown is inclusive of Vehicle unloading & Clearing + PDI expenses + Registration Expenses + Fuel"

Also I thought the accessories are atrociously priced. Any comments
Attached Files
File Type: xls Polo ACC.xls (29.5 KB, 3030 views)
Old 19th March 2010, 13:46   #603
Senior - BHPian

With safety playing a big role in our car buying decisions these days, we always look for the model with abs and airbags. At least some manufactures offer ABS as an option on the mid models. Here the Polo disappoints.
Most of the Punto's i see on the roads are all the Emotion pack versions (or does emotion also come with alloys ?). When this is your requirement i think i get more bang for buck with the i20 and the Punto
Old 19th March 2010, 13:47   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
I hope they wont make a fuss if we get the accessories (music system mainly) from outside....the Pioneer Headunits and JBL speakers surely are very overpriced..more than MRP I believe.

In between, I enquired about the cost of fog lights but they said they still dont have it.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 19th March 2010 at 13:54.
Old 19th March 2010, 13:52   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Completely agree with your views about the Figo (it looks like a Russian Lada from the 1980s) but I certainly wouldn't call the Polo as "aggressively styled". I've looked at mine parked in a huge parking lot and it doesn't stand out of the pack as say, a Punto would. It lacks the flair but makes up for it with a German zaz.
when I say aggression I primarily mean on the front, with those edgy lamps and sharpened bumper. had it been with smoked head lamps it would have definitely stood out of crowd but still the design does make heads turn
Old 19th March 2010, 14:05   #606
Senior - BHPian

The VW showroom at Annanagar says TDs are 'closed for now'. What does that mean? Are the bookings so high that they have sold off even their TD cars? I have heard of bookings being closed like in the case of the Fortuner, but never this. This was over the phone. I plan to land up at the dealership in person tomorrow.

Last edited by Gilead : 19th March 2010 at 14:07.
Old 19th March 2010, 14:05   #607
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting my POLO (trendline red) delivered on Monday. very excited, but not happy with VW attitude so far

VW is charging Rs 5025 as handling charges. They quoted 21K for insurance and I wanted to get insured from externally for less than 12K. Here is the response from the sales manager about the insurance and handling charges.

"even before making the booking we had sent you the price list mentioning Insurance and full details, the insurance amount Rs. 21004, shown in price list is that of Bumper to Bumper coverage, and if you dont want Bumper to Bumper coverage we are ready to provide insurance at Rs.15815, for any other insurance we dont have any tie up and cannot extend cashless transactions in future.

Handling charge shown is inclusive of Vehicle unloading & Clearing + PDI expenses + Registration Expenses + Fuel"

when I went to VW Pune showroom, I didnt like their adamant attitude. I said I dont want their insurance and would rather like to transfer insurance from my old car which I am going to sell. This will reduce my cost of insurance by almost 8K because of my no-claim bonus. But they directly refused my request, and said I have to buy the insurance from them. I inquired at the Kolhapur dealer and he was more cooperative and had no problems if I did not take insurance from them. Pune dealer got an overwhelming response, maybe thats why such attitude, I decided to book at Kolhapur.

Regarding acc, well the sports kit acc are quite expensive, but other I think are normal. I wont comment on prices of stereo or speakers, because I would always prefer to go to a local car acc shop and get a better deal.

Dont let the excitement down, most of the acc you can buy it in car shops (stereo, speakers, seat covers, filming), which color did u book?? I have booked petrol highline silver, but my delivery is in May
Old 19th March 2010, 14:09   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
With safety playing a big role in our car buying decisions these days, we always look for the model with abs and airbags. At least some manufactures offer ABS as an option on the mid models. Here the Polo disappoints.
Most of the Punto's i see on the roads are all the Emotion pack versions (or does emotion also come with alloys ?). When this is your requirement i think i get more bang for buck with the i20 and the Punto
polo also offers abs and airbags as option and they are available in highline variant. as far as bang for buck is considered, its another story and a lot has been discussed about it. As for me polo highline fulfills my requirement and I have booked one
Old 19th March 2010, 14:14   #609
Senior - BHPian

formel_eins, congrats! When is the delivery? Looks like you might be the first one to get it on TBHP
Old 19th March 2010, 14:19   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
formel_eins, congrats! When is the delivery? Looks like you might be the first one to get it on TBHP
thanx Gilead, actually I wanted pepper grey, but no one knows when the other colors will be launched. I heard it would be in June and delivery starts in july or August, well I am not ready to wait so long, so I went ahead with reflex silver. Dealer is saying delivery would be in May, but SP is trying out his contacts to get it quicker Our fellow Bhpian hpzone is getting his polo delivered on Monday, so I guess the crown of first polo shall go to him
Old 19th March 2010, 14:24   #611
BHPian

I think this is one of those threads where the rate of updation is quite high :-) Polo the talk of Cities .

Congrats formel_eins for booking the german chap !

@Gilead , well i remember seeing one polo in this thread delivered to someone from Chandigrah . I dint see any initial review by him though
Old 19th March 2010, 14:45   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Update from Cochin: No TD cars available. But we can book the car and it will be delivered. I don't know what the logic is. I will not book a car without TDing it. Be it VW or Merc. This is bad.

Shhhh: My friend has almost managed a TD with the same dealer. I think it might be a vehicle that is supposed to be delivered. He knows them personally.
Its funny with the TD car in Cochin. According to a SP, the TD car arrived two weeks back, they put all the accessories but a customer liked it so much and they sold it for a premium it seems.

Now booking over 200 and no TD yet. my car has arrived at the showroom and hope to get the delivery on Monday (trendline RED)
Old 19th March 2010, 14:48   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The VW showroom at Annanagar says TDs are 'closed for now'. What does that mean? Are the bookings so high that they have sold off even their TD cars? I have heard of bookings being closed like in the case of the Fortuner, but never this. This was over the phone. I plan to land up at the dealership in person tomorrow.
Saw 2 Polos at the Annanagar showroom. One is white and parked inside the showroom which is only for display. There is another red one always parked outside on the road with some white marking near the door handles. Guess that must be a test drive car.

Last edited by Daewood : 19th March 2010 at 14:51.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:00   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
thanx Gilead, actually I wanted pepper grey, but no one knows when the other colors will be launched. I heard it would be in June and delivery starts in july or August, well I am not ready to wait so long, so I went ahead with reflex silver. Dealer is saying delivery would be in May, but SP is trying out his contacts to get it quicker Our fellow Bhpian hpzone is getting his polo delivered on Monday, so I guess the crown of first polo shall go to him
Err I've had my Polo for 4 days already. Check post #568 on page 38.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:02   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They quoted 21K for insurance and I wanted to get insured from externally for less than 12K. Here is the response from the sales manager about the insurance and handling charges.

I had a word with a sales representative of World Class Automobile, Moti Nagar, West Delhi. I have been told that I cannot transfer my old insurance from the National Insurance Company which has 50% no claim bonus. I will have to stick to their regular insurance. I asked to talk to the manager but he seems to be not on his seat (or may be didnt want to talk regarding this). The lady took my number for the time being and said that she will ask the manager to get back to me on this. Forgot to ask about the music system installation from aftermarket.

I have reported the issue with VW helpline and a concerned person will give me a call on monday. Also reported that the customers should be allowed to get the music systems installed from after market...if not whats the point of giving a car from without music system, it should come as an OE fitment on all models, if VW Dealership wants to instal this. Lets see what happens. But, thats certainly not a professional attitude.

EDIT: had a call from the dealership, they apologised that the sales advisor didnot know about the insurance details. I was told that I can get the insurance from them or from outside..my wish. Also, they have no problem if I get the music system installed from after market..just that there should be no tampering with the wiring..else the warranty will go void.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 19th March 2010 at 15:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks