Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 15:05   #616
BHPian

Insurance wasn't a problem at the place I bought it from - Bhasin Motors VW in South Ex (Delhi). They were like - "take ours or take it from some place else, we couldn't care less."

Last edited by khan75 : 19th March 2010 at 15:06.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:05   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
I think this is one of those threads where the rate of updation is quite high :-) Polo the talk of Cities .

Congrats formel_eins for booking the german chap !

@Gilead , well i remember seeing one polo in this thread delivered to someone from Chandigrah . I dint see any initial review by him though
Khan75 got his Polo sometime back and he's in Delhi not Chd.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:09   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It's called the Polo Bluemotion in Europe/Germany. It has this same new 1.2L CRDi engine.
You are confusing me even more.
GTO's post said 1.2L Petrol engine. The Bluemotion 1.2 is TDI.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:18   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Insurance wasn't a problem at the place I bought it from - Bhasin Motors VW in South Ex (Delhi). They were like - "take ours or take it from some place else, we couldn't care less."
Congrats on the POLO.

Could you give a quick ownership report and on the road price split?

How was the buying experiece from Dealer? Did u get any accessories from VW? any freebies?
Old 19th March 2010, 15:25   #620
BHPian

I'm still writing a semi-detailed report on the Polo as well as how it compares with my Punto EmoPack and will post it over the weekend. Fuel economy is pretty good at 14kpl in city traffic (versus 11-12kpl in my Punto). Front seats are pretty comfortable, the A/C does it's job decently in this weather and the boot is spacious enough for a kid to sleep in. Headlights don't seem powerful enough (a necessity on the Mehrauli Gurgaon highway) and the fogs didn't seem to make a major difference to the illumination the other night so maybe they might need better bulbs (or projectors).

OTD Price: 5.82L (ex-showroom) + 15K (insurance) + 37K (RTO) = 6.34L

Buying experience was excellent. No pressure tactics but since I was one of the first in line for the Polo, they didn't budge from the price. Freebies weren't supposed to be a part of the deal until the last moment but they threw in a set of mats that are pretty average I must say.

Accessories aren't supposed to be available until mid-April so I'm not sure if you can buy any right now. I've already told them to put me in line for the sport bumpers and side skirtings, if and when they become available but they don't have a price sheet at the moment.

If I could change just one thing about the car, it would be getting the car in Emotion Blue. Sadly, it seems that's the launch color for oil burner variants.

EDIT: Insurance from my dealer on the basic trendline variant is 14K so 21K is obviously a major rip off.

Last edited by khan75 : 19th March 2010 at 15:33.
Old 19th March 2010, 15:33   #621
BHPian

Quote:
I'm still writing a semi-detailed report on the Polo as well as how it compares with my Punto EmoPack and will post it over the weekend. Fuel economy is pretty good at 14kpl in city traffic (versus 11-12kpl in my Punto). Front seats are pretty comfortable, the A/C does it's job decently in this weather and the boot is spacious enough for a kid to sleep in. Headlights don't seem powerful enough (a necessity on the Mehrauli Gurgaon highway) and the fogs didn't seem to make a major difference to the illumination the other night so maybe they might need better bulbs (or projectors).

OTD Price: 5.82L (ex-showroom) + 15K (insurance) + 37K (RTO) = 6.34L

Buying experience was excellent. No pressure tactics but since I was one of the first in line for the Polo, they didn't budge from the price. Freebies weren't supposed to be a part of the deal until the last moment but they threw in a set of mats that are pretty average I must say.

Accessories aren't supposed to be available until mid-April so I'm not sure if you can buy any right now. I've already told them to put me in line for the sport bumpers and side skirtings, if and when they become available but they don't have a price sheet at the moment.

If I could change just one thing about the car, it would be getting the car in Emotion Blue. Sadly, it seems that's the launch color for oil burner variants.
here is the pricing from VW Cochin. I thought the 5025 handling charges are very high for a 4.3L car
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-polo-price.jpg  

Old 19th March 2010, 15:45   #622
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
You are confusing me even more.
GTO's post said 1.2L Petrol engine. The Bluemotion 1.2 is TDI.
Here you go:

Volkswagen Polo 1.2 SE - Autocar.co.uk
Old 19th March 2010, 16:09   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Ah ok. Now i see.
Thanks!
Now i will sit back and dream about 1.2 TSI. We are not getting that, are we?
Old 19th March 2010, 16:31   #624
Senior - BHPian

Booked Polo highline on 25 Feb. Delivery expected by last week of April. I would like to post my initial impressions and clear some misconceptions about the car in the process.
Some predefined notions and my experience.
3 Cyl engine is not good enough and not refined: Surprisingly I found this to be not true. The car is quite refined at idle but turn a bit coarse if revved to high rpms. I found this to be the case in some of the free revving cars like Fiesta 1.6 which I test drove. The 1.2, 3 pot engine is peppier than most of the similar 1.2 4 cyl engines like 120 and will be good enough for most of the city and highway usage. Also you are rewarded with better mileage as from Khan75’s post. So this is a cleaner and greener option but still good enough unless you are having racing DNA.

Rear space and comfort is less: I am 5’ 11” and my wife is 5’8”. When I was seated comfortably at the front she could feel enough space and legroom at the back. The space would be good enough for a family of 5.Husband, wife, parents and one kid. This also is rare in cities where I find mostly nuclear families with only the front seat of the cars occupied. So in such cases the back seat space can be compromised for a bigger boot which will add more value in long drives and vacation trips. This is a mental block for most of the reviewers that the backseat comfort of a hatch back should be comparable to a chauffer driven executive sedan. To me the seating position, recline and the sitting comfort matters at the back. The back seat of i20 I test drove was as hard as a rock.
Now some major irritants for me.

The Indianised headlamp cluster. Planning to get a blackened one if it is a direct fit.
The back door window rolling only 60% down.
Pathetic show rooms. The two show rooms I went on McGrath road and Hosur road were lacking space on all fronts. If you park two or three Passats and Jettas the full parking bay is full. No designated parking for visitors also. Not sure how they are going to manage once they start servicing Polos in volumes.
Unacceptable waiting periods of 2-3 months. How can a newly launched car have waiting period of 2-3 months? What is going on in the so called multimillion VW production lines?
Old 19th March 2010, 16:44   #625
BHPian

Quote:
EssYouWe
Khan75 got his Polo sometime back and he's in Delhi not Chd.
Thanks Essyouwe , for the info .
@ Khan75 Congrats on your buy .

Are you planning for the tyre upgrade ?Eagerly looking forward for your review

The above statement becomes invalid , as i assume that you got a Highline ( looking at the total cost of your vehicle )

Last edited by rejoycjohn : 19th March 2010 at 16:58.
Old 19th March 2010, 20:34   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
polo also offers abs and airbags as option and they are available in highline variant. as far as bang for buck is considered, its another story and a lot has been discussed about it. As for me polo highline fulfills my requirement and I have booked one
What i was trying to say is that it is available only in the highline. So if i want these extra safety features i have to spend the 1L more to get the highline. There should have been an option for ABS & airbags or atleast ABS on the trendline because i find the highline overpriced.
The highline suited your requirement and you booked it. Each individual has different requirements. Congrats on the booking by the way

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 19th March 2010 at 20:35.
Old 19th March 2010, 21:29   #627
BHPian

Hi All, Is there anyone out here who has gone booked polo in Mumbai yet ? Because when I called ( downtown motors, prabhadevi ) them for a test drive, the bloke said they have a booking for 100 cars and the delivery, if you book now, would be scheduled only in August , unless VW deliver us more cars sooner.

Well I intend TD in couple of days. Hope they can deliver earlier or might have to look at other (i20) readily available options.
Old 19th March 2010, 21:31   #628
cLJ
BHPian

Quote:
Just bought a Polo in Flash Red (I still hate red but bought it anyway to maintain a uniformity in my garage). Initial report along with comparisons with my Grande Punto coming soon.

This will be interesting. Owner is comparing both the cars and I am looking forward to it. This should be an unbiased report and will help the buyers.

CLJ
Old 19th March 2010, 21:41   #629
Senior - BHPian

Polo 1.2 short Test Drive report :
After hearing all the appreciation I was eagerly waiting to see the car in flesh! The demo car was in trademark Red, and boy, it surely is the best looking hatchback in the country. It's got the best QUARTER profile. The sporty chin and the muscled arches along with the shoulder-line gives it a purposeful SPORTY stance.
Under the hood,the engine bay looks pretty empty.
Now, come inside and one's greeted with good built quality. The doors have that particular heavy feel and the 3 stage mechanism. Seats at front are well shaped and are comfortable, though they are just a little tight on thigh support. The plastic quality all around is perfect, though not as good as a Fabia, but still way ahead of the competition. I liked the mechanism of steering columns adjustment. It's pretty smooth and free flowing. The dials lite up nice, the switch gear has a good tactile feel.
Moving back to rear bench, the legroom is quite similar to the Punto, but the angle and overall comfort is better. Again the thigh support is tight, but the angle makes perfectly for it.
The boot is similar in size to that of Figo. The boot opener in the Logo is just fantastic.
Coming back to the driver's seat, the view is pretty clear from the driver's seat and one can judge pretty easily. The gear-box is a treat and simply the best in class. The performance is satisfactory and bottom end and mid-range is pretty strong.
The ride quality is good and keeps all the bumps away!
The steering has a heavy feel, but it's pretty light being an electronic one.
All through the review I spoken only Good things, but here's a little dampener. After spending close to 5L on a base model an owner expect's the engine to be silent, leaving every thing aside. But for me the engine was a tad on the louder scale. The refinement levels are acceptable and the smoothness is good,but the 3-pot clatter is a dampener. As you gain momentum, the motor becomes a little silent, but i think the engine bay needs a little more dampening.
Now, the prices:
Trendline costs 4.92 L on road
Comfortline - 5.48 L on road
Highline- - 6.47 L on road
Old 19th March 2010, 22:16   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horabonny View Post
Hi All, Is there anyone out here who has gone booked polo in Mumbai yet ? Because when I called ( downtown motors, prabhadevi ) them for a test drive, the bloke said they have a booking for 100 cars and the delivery, if you book now, would be scheduled only in August , unless VW deliver us more cars sooner.

Well I intend TD in couple of days. Hope they can deliver earlier or might have to look at other (i20) readily available options.
Some dealers are saying 200 booking without even a test drive!

VW chakan plant is new and i think they are ramping up teh production capacity. Only three colors available now (Red White and Silver). Wonder what would be teh scene with Diesel launch

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks