Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 23:46   #661
BHPian

How about some more dope on Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Ask your friend in Germany to get the tape measure out and line it up along the contours. I'll do the same on my Polo and report back.
How much are you getting them for? I'd be interested in pooling in for another set. PM if you want to discuss this further.
@Poloman - If I do manage to buy one (read Polo), I too would be interested in a pair from day one, those european lamps surely give this car some character. Wonder if they have saved the lamps for the Polo with a better engine Spec. Do share the cost of the German makes, hoping that the cost isn't too prohibitive !

@ Khan75 - How about you start a VW Polo ownership thread ? I'm very sure prospective hatch buyers would benefit immensely from your experience of the vehicle. Also I see, you have a Grande Punto too in your garage, your first hand take on the two ( Polo & Punto ), stuff you like/dislike about either. I feel comparisons should come easy to you considering you have petrol versions for both.

- B4W
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:23   #662
Senior - BHPian

@better4worse, the headlamp swap is not easy as we thought, As per the experts German headlamps may not suit the illumination pattern required for India. So it can be imported only from RHD countries.Go through previous page for explanation. I strongly feel VW may offer these as an accessory in the near future.
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:26   #663
BHPian

Initial ownership report coming tonight.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:06   #664
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Red Polo Highline yesterday near the VW showroom in Moti Nagar, New Delhi. Apparently the customer had taken delivery of the car couple of minutes ago.

It had a red spoiler at the rear, which was complementing its look. Must say the car looked handsome.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:37   #665
BHPian

@ Khan , all ears to your initial ownership report .

@ GTO , one question , you have driven the Diesel Polo also right , any clue on the mileage that it offered ?Or any secret data from the people concerned.
I am sorry if it was already mentioned and i missed it
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:22   #666
Senior - BHPian

A question to all who have booked Polo. Is there a way to track the order queue of the dealer. The dealer told me that I will get preferential treatment if I make the full payment. Does this mean if some one come and make a full payment, some one who has made the nominal booking amount long back will be pushed down the line.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:06   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
@ Khan , all ears to your initial ownership report .
It is up in another new thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-my-house.html
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:43   #668
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ GTO , one question , you have driven the Diesel Polo also right , any clue on the mileage that it offered
Well, it's a turbo 3 cylinder unit. VW's diesel 15 lakh sedans are rather fuel efficient and I don't expect the Polo to be any different. I'd say it will be in the ballpark of a Swift diesel.
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:26   #669
BHPian

@ Daewoo , thanks for the link, I did check out his initial report .

@ GTO , thanks again for the information .

Unfortunately , i had typed a long post with some figures in it , but couldnt post it , internet connection screwd up!
Well in summary , i was trying to justify the extra money spend on a Diesel polo compared to its Petrol sibling . Did some raw math , and found that if it offers 20 Km/ l as an average mileage the break even would happen at 67K kilometers. Well I havent added the extra maintenace that Diesel would demand ( I am not sure how is it for vw compared to Suzuki diesel ) .

Swift diesel's run away success was mainly because of this mileage factor , enormous torque figures ( 190 Nm compared to 110 Nm for the Petrol ) which made it easy for city and highway users . The affect of ac in the vehicles performance was also negligible .

I was trying to put similar thoughts into the Polo diesel and Petrol .
Dreaming myself owning it one day ..and preparing myself for what decision shall I be making comparing the petrol and diesel .
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:25   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well in summary , i was trying to justify the extra money spend on a Diesel polo compared to its Petrol sibling . Did some raw math , and found that if it offers 20 Km/ l as an average mileage the break even would happen at 67K kilometers. Well I havent added the extra maintenace that Diesel would demand ( I am not sure how is it for vw compared to Suzuki diesel ) .
Please also do consider the Resale values. Diesel cars here in north India are very easy to re-sell and fetch very good value compared to their Petrol siblings.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:04   #671
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Please also do consider the Resale values. Diesel cars here in north India are very easy to re-sell and fetch very good value compared to their Petrol siblings.
Yes. It is also the same in South India. Good resale values are seen especially for Swift DDiS & Ford Fiesta TDCi as they are doing good in the new segment as well.
Old 24th March 2010, 16:06   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'd say those differences are worth 20K, but we all know what happens to the numbers when you bring in OEM pricing. For shorter drivers, the height adjustable seat is a must.
what about tall persons (6' 3") ? Would they be able to get in and out comfortably ?
Old 24th March 2010, 22:49   #673
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I would like to see more ownership reviews about this car, Polo seems to be looking good as a whole, but why are there no ownership reviews other than Khan75, or is it that I am missing from seeing them..
Old 25th March 2010, 14:27   #674
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well in summary , i was trying to justify the extra money spend on a Diesel polo compared to its Petrol sibling .
Numbers are important, yes. You also have to consider how the car's going to be to live with. In that respect, the 1.2 liter petrol is better. No turbo-lag, good driveability and quite peppy too.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:28   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Numbers are important, yes. You also have to consider how the car's going to be to live with. In that respect, the 1.2 liter petrol is better. No turbo-lag, good driveability and quite peppy too.
Not to forget the 3+ month wait time for a diesel Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi, I would like to see more ownership reviews about this car, Polo seems to be looking good as a whole, but why are there no ownership reviews other than Khan75, or is it that I am missing from seeing them..
I believe hpzone was going to pick up his Polo on Monday (post #601 in this thread). I wonder what happened?

Last edited by khan75 : 25th March 2010 at 14:31.

Most Viewed