Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 08:21   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Chethan,I am planning very minimal accessories.
1) VW original high quality textile mat.
2) VW original scuff plates.
3) Mud flaps if of good quality.
Though I am not very happy with the OEM ICE unit, for the moment I am going to live with it. Also I never put sun-film in my cars. But the first item on my accessories list would have been Euro spec smokened head lamps. Waiting for them being available in India.
Iam not for PVC stitching for the floor. To me it is poor aesthetics.This is my personal take

Last edited by poloman : 27th April 2010 at 08:28.
Old 27th April 2010, 09:03   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Why no sunfilm?

AFAIK Bangalore can be unforgiving in the peak summers.

You can go for a very light tint. They considerably reduce the load on your aircon.
Old 27th April 2010, 09:17   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Nothing major, mainly fear factor from a previous installation on my current car. After the installation the car was rattling like a rattle snake. I don't like a new car being stripped for any installation even at a dealership.Also don't know why, but I feel claustrophobic in a car with sun film particularly in the night and when it rains. Lastly sunfilms slowly develops minor scratches and looks odd after passage of time. These are my personal inhibitions. I prefer Sun blinds.Also AFIK Polo is having some form of tint to reduce green house effect.

Last edited by poloman : 27th April 2010 at 09:28.
Old 27th April 2010, 09:40   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
What is happening guys? People who have got delivery of Polo are vanishing in to thin air!? Axe effect!!!!?
First Khan75 and now Gaurav......
No Axe effect Darling! I use Ferrari. Will reply to all the posts later today. Busy in office.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th April 2010 at 09:43.
Old 27th April 2010, 10:59   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chethan,I am planning very minimal accessories.
1) VW original high quality textile mat.
2) VW original scuff plates.
3) Mud flaps if of good quality.
Though I am not very happy with the OEM ICE unit, for the moment I am going to live with it. Also I never put sun-film in my cars. But the first item on my accessories list would have been Euro spec smokened head lamps. Waiting for them being available in India.
Iam not for PVC stitching for the floor. To me it is poor aesthetics.This is my personal take
Textile mat and Scuff plates are a good idea. I will follow suit.

Mud flaps - How important are they? Can they be avoided? VW does not officially recommend it on any of there cars (SP told me). But seriously, does it protect the car in any way? Only thing I can think off is TAR. We we drive on brand new roads which is just tared, it can get on to the body. More so when we are driving in rural areas. The question is - will mud flaps prevent it? If not - it is a waste.

Sun-films are for privacy! and also improves AC effect. If it is put properly, you will not have a problem even for 5 years. do not have to remove glass to put them. Then as you said - it is individual choice.

PVC floor mats are removable ones. Only thing is these are large ones which will cover the floor. Daewoo dealers used to give black ones for Matiz. Color can be Baige also. Do not know if transparent ones are available. Floor does not get soiled, specially kids can be carefree. Gaurav's floor mats also looks good. Again this is individual choice.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 27th April 2010 at 11:05.
Old 27th April 2010, 11:15   #1071
BHPian

Hey, does anybody have any feedback on the optional sat nav you can get from the dealership.it's there on the indian polo website as an option. and also would it be a better option to wait for the body kit to come into the market or to order it with the car. i'm waiting for them to launch the 1.6. it's the only one i'm interested in
Old 27th April 2010, 11:48   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, I had a look at the service bay of VW downtown and was impressed. Though the bay was small, every thing was in order unlike the chaos you witness in Maruti and Hyundai service centers. As you had mentioned if the service is by appointments, I don't think there is any need for concern at the the moment.Also it is 1km from my office.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:14   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Hey, does anybody have any feedback on the optional sat nav you can get from the dealership.it's there on the indian polo website as an option. and also would it be a better option to wait for the body kit to come into the market or to order it with the car. i'm waiting for them to launch the 1.6. it's the only one i'm interested in
It will cost you 15K from VW. It can not be integrated on to the dashboard. Can be fixed on the windshield. Needs to be charged separately every day through 12V Aux provided in the car(4 hrs backup). Not at all practical with wires running everywhere haphazardly. Spoils the look.

Body kit? You mean sports kit? Kahn75 - has got it on his car. Practically on indian roads, it might hit the humps. Think twice....

1.6 Petrol would be great if you can afford and maintain (Fill Petrol). Nothing is there right now to beat it.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:27   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chetan, I had a look at the service bay of VW downtown and was impressed. Though the bay was small, every thing was in order unlike the chaos you witness in Maruti and Hyundai service centers. As you had mentioned if the service is by appointments, I don't think there is any need for concern at the the moment.Also it is 1km from my office.
Well if you are a low volume player, I guess this would be the scenario in all the service shop.

One should have a look at the same place post Polo goes full steam (read post diesel version launch). Then it would not similar to what you have seen now.

Nevertheless, a well maintained service center is sure a delight to watch.
Old 29th April 2010, 09:02   #1075
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Got the call from the dealer yesterday. The Polo highline (Red color) is ready for delivery. Uhh, finally I hope the wait is all the worth. Planning to for for PDI today, will keep you guys posted.

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Old 29th April 2010, 09:05   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Laxmi, Which Dealer is this? How come you got delivery so early. I booked in Feb and still not recived the car? What was your booking amount?
Old 29th April 2010, 10:47   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Laxmi, Which Dealer is this? How come you got delivery so early. I booked in Feb and still not recived the car? What was your booking amount?
I like this fighting sprit!

Seriously, booking amount should not matter if the dealer follows ethics. Try to speak to SP and findout. Some times a good releationship works better. Try to keep your cool! All the best!
Old 29th April 2010, 14:03   #1078
BHPian

@poloman, mate you really need to pull up your socks and crash land into your VW showroom. Its difficult to digest the fact that even after booking in Feb you are not getting the delivery.
Old 29th April 2010, 14:31   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Formel_eins done already. Crash landed in the showroom early morning and got the intended delivery date in writing from them.Called up VW helpline and blasted them for 1 hour. Normal delays I am willing to accept. But if the dealer tries to play unfair games then I will show the real self. No delivery was happening in the showroom. Probably Laxmi got it from the other showroom.We have 2-3 dealers here.

Last edited by poloman : 29th April 2010 at 14:32.
Old 29th April 2010, 15:25   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Formel_eins done already. Crash landed in the showroom early morning and got the intended delivery date in writing from them.Called up VW helpline and blasted them for 1 hour. Normal delays I am willing to accept. But if the dealer tries to play unfair games then I will show the real self. No delivery was happening in the showroom. Probably Laxmi got it from the other showroom.We have 2-3 dealers here.
Tipical Customer! I like your attitude! (just joking)

Seriously, you should have got your car by now. It hurts to wait. What is the date they gave you today? Are you satisfied with the date? You went to Downtown showroom, is it?

Last edited by Chethan B G : 29th April 2010 at 15:26.

Most Viewed