Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 20:22   #1306
Senior - BHPian

VW still imports the whole engine. This is the main cause of the delay. They have plans for local sourcing and are speaking to suppliers. Till that happens i don't see the waiting period reducing.
Another thing is, engine spares will also be imported, so expect high costs, although the chances of a car requiring engine spares so fast will be rare (hopefully)..!
Old 18th May 2010, 20:25   #1307
BHPian

even i didnt get a concrete date but i got it mentioned that the car will be delivered within 3 months from the date of booking. a week or so here or there wont make a difference.
Old 18th May 2010, 23:12   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Hello Guys, my friend wants to buy Polo Trendline but Pune dealer is not ready to fillup any date on booking form. According to my friend the dealer is quite rude and not ready to listen anything.

Are you guys get any date on Booking form? or is it the same for everyone? Though my friend has written mail to VW but he did not get any reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The booking form obviously has the date and you get a booking receipt which specifies the same. Although, no delivery date has been promised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
even i didnt get a concrete date but i got it mentioned that the car will be delivered within 3 months from the date of booking. a week or so here or there wont make a difference.
Since the Dealers themselves are not sure about the car deliveries, they may not commit the date in writing. IMO the best thing is to talk to both the SP and the Sales Manager (decision maker) and then take your decision. If the committed date for Polo is 6 months, be prepared mentally for one extra month. This will help you in the end!!

Once you decide to change your car and have money ready - You just can not wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidkapur30 View Post
Just came back after seeing my White Polo TL at the showroom. Did the PDI at the showroom itself and signed the Form 20 ... The car's looking beautiful!!!!

Will add photographs just when i manage to figure out how...
Congratulations Sidharth! Better learn fast and post some pictures!!
Old 19th May 2010, 12:38   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
VW still imports the whole engine. This is the main cause of the delay. They have plans for local sourcing and are speaking to suppliers. Till that happens i don't see the waiting period reducing.
Another thing is, engine spares will also be imported, so expect high costs, although the chances of a car requiring engine spares so fast will be rare (hopefully)..!
In the long run, would a hatchback owner be able sustain the cost, time & service implications?

Also, Volkswagen with its subsidiary Skoda has a terrible reputation wrt service/care. They'll have to really clean up their act if they're looking to sell large numbers here. Maruti didn't get where they are today by screwing around with these factors.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:56   #1310
Senior - BHPian

The present low levels of localisation is also the main reason for the high difference in prices between the various trim levels (Especially the highline which is almost a lakh more than the comfortline). The amount they make on the higher trims must be offsetting the tight margin on the trendline...
Old 19th May 2010, 20:02   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finject View Post
In the long run, would a hatchback owner be able sustain the cost, time & service implications?

Also, Volkswagen with its subsidiary Skoda has a terrible reputation wrt service/care. They'll have to really clean up their act if they're looking to sell large numbers here. Maruti didn't get where they are today by screwing around with these factors.
Any new automobile entity would have taken some time. Well we now talk about maruti which is an incumbent player and has a 3 succesfull decades in its blanket as compared to VW which is just 3 months ( POLO's perspective) old. My inference....Cleaning up would be visible gradually.
Old 19th May 2010, 21:31   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Great News Friends!!

I am getting my Polo Highline Diesel Black by this month end (Or latest by next month 1st week) !!!!!!!

Infantarian, Gaurav, Xingamozon, Zero Cool - Thanks guys for your advice. It helped me a lot in being able to work with the dealer constructively, to achieve success! Complete settlement also helped. Even though the staff at the dealer were not ready to make any commitment last week, they were decent enough to live by their oral commitment, given to me at the time of booking.

Polo is definitely a good car to own if one can wait. But if it going to be 6 months - Only God can give us strength!!

Will be out of station (Chennai) for a couple of days. Will catch up during the week end.
Old 19th May 2010, 21:35   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, Did you get a chance to test drive Diesel Polo?
Old 19th May 2010, 23:35   #1314

@ chethan - congrats mate. The story here is also pretty much the same. I was to take the delivery tomorrow and I'm flying out in the morning it self. I think the delivery will have to wait till Sunday.
As for my experience, Kashyap motors was pretty 'by the book' in writing down the delivery day for me and living up to it. Actually they've delivered it sooner than expected. But again their staff is a true let down - they actually make you feel as if they're doing you a favour by selling you the car.
Congrats none the less.

Cheers
Siddharth
Old 20th May 2010, 10:33   #1315
BHPian

Dropped in at the VW dealer yesterday again. Had booked the Comfortline initially. Planning to change it and opt for the Highline as I believe the added features do justice to the additional lakh of rupees. Was especially impressed with the Multi Function Display which also shows the fuel efficiency so that I don't need the use the old full tank > empty tank method.

For those interested, there is a silver polo diesel available for TD at Vidyut Motors, Pune.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:51   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidkapur30 View Post
@ chethan - congrats mate. The story here is also pretty much the same. I was to take the delivery tomorrow and I'm flying out in the morning it self. I think the delivery will have to wait till Sunday.
As for my experience, Kashyap motors was pretty 'by the book' in writing down the delivery day for me and living up to it. Actually they've delivered it sooner than expected. But again their staff is a true let down - they actually make you feel as if they're doing you a favour by selling you the car.
Congrats none the less.

Cheers
Siddharth
Hi Siddharth,

I very well understand the agony of dealing with a dealer who has Take-It-Or-Leave-It attitude. If, however, you are talking about Kashyap Motors, Phase-II, Noida then I must say I had a surprisingly good experience with them. I was attended by Ujjawaldeep Singh and he was very courteous, well informed (knew Team-BHP very well) and prompt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
Dropped in at the VW dealer yesterday again. Had booked the Comfortline initially. Planning to change it and opt for the Highline as I believe the added features do justice to the additional lakh of rupees. Was especially impressed with the Multi Function Display which also shows the fuel efficiency so that I don't need the use the old full tank > empty tank method.

For those interested, there is a silver polo diesel available for TD at Vidyut Motors, Pune.
Congratulations on your booking mate. I'd, however, like to mention something that's been discussed at length on this forum; MIDs Fuel Efficieny figures are not very accurate, the traditional tank-full method is still a preferred choice to measure rather exact efficiency.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st May 2010 at 20:27. Reason: Merged on request
Old 20th May 2010, 11:20   #1317
BHPian

Hey guys I test drove the polo tdi yesterday. I felt it was more responsive than the petrol. Yes there is a bit of lag below 2000 rpm but once you hit that 2k it really pulls you fast. I currently drive a fabia tdi so I am quite used to a bit of lag, but the polo tdi is no slouch. Its 18kgm of torque really pulls well. For people who have been driving petrol cars you might find it a tad less responsive but diesel cars ought to be driven differently(this is purely my opinion). If you keep the car in the rev range its a pleasure to drive it.

The multi function display is a real treat. It shows outside temperature, averagre speed for trip, mileage for trip, distance to empty, clock etc.

Driving in traffic wasn't tough, gear changes were pretty smooth. Switches are of good quality, but i was dissappointed with the quality of the power window switches, because its the same type of switches as in the fabia but lesser quality i guess. The car does not lock all its doors after the car crosses 10kmph, thats also a dissappointment.

As an overall package I think the car is good.

Last edited by liner4u : 20th May 2010 at 11:24.
Old 21st May 2010, 19:11   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Are VW offering Corporate discount? One of my friends visited the VW showroom on Hosur road Bangalore last week. Dealer offered corporate discount of 8K. The waiting period was advised as 4 months.

Also, he advised that the test drive car has been sold off!
Old 21st May 2010, 19:21   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Yes, they are offering corporate discount. Test car also sold off..??Initially display cars were gone. What a pity.! VW will soon provide some scale models for the prospective cutomers to check out..

Last edited by poloman : 21st May 2010 at 19:22.
Old 21st May 2010, 20:49   #1320
BHPian

today i heard a known genuine source speaking that VW has lot of production constraints & the current production is not meeting up with the actuals numbers to be produced. even the suppliers are complaining of the hapazard prod planning
I felt the above news had a bit of truth as VW claims of 5000 Bookings of Polo & till date the delivery time after booking still stands as 3-4 months . inspite of starting production of polo 2 months prior of launch

Most Viewed