Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:44   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinsumant View Post
Hello Guys.!!
Got my Polo TDI Delivered yesterday(Trendline) White.
Dealer had promised me a date of 1st Week of July.But delivered it in the first Diesel Lot.
Thanks to all Team BHP'ians for all your guidance.
Shall post extended reviews later.

Thanks,
Sachin.
Congratulations Sachin! Polo in White looks gorgeous!
Waiting for your review. Please try to elaborate on your driving experience below 2000 RPM.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:29   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congratulations Sachin! Polo in White looks gorgeous!
Waiting for your review. Please try to elaborate on your driving experience below 2000 RPM.
I just drove my new Polo Trendline (white) diesel from Bangalore to Mangalore, a distance of nearly 360 kms. It really took me some time to get adjusted to driving below that 2000 rpm (probably nervous that I was at the wheels of a spanking new car). Once I covered a distance of 50 kms, I got the hang of shifting gears at the right time and oh boy above 2100 rpm......you can feel the surge in power and the car simply moves. The air conditioning was quite effective with outside temperature ranging between 34 & 37 degrees celsius. The ride was excellent and I had a feeling of driving a sedan, what with the car nicely absorbing small humps and rough surfaces with considerable ease. The speed with which I drove was around 90 km. (max) and 75 to 80 on an average. The mileage returned was an astounding 19 km to a litre. This is a brief report on my experience with the Polo Trendline diesel. Thank you all guys who have provided me with lot of info/inputs on this car and made my choice a wise one.
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:59   #1428
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sachin,uvmallya
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
I just drove my new Polo Trendline (white) diesel from Bangalore to Mangalore, a distance of nearly 360 kms.
Now that is the way to take delivery of a new car.! Did you went through Shiradi Ghats?
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:08   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just drove my new Polo Trendline (white) diesel from Bangalore to Mangalore, a distance of nearly 360 kms. It really took me some time to get adjusted to driving below that 2000 rpm (probably nervous that I was at the wheels of a spanking new car). Once I covered a distance of 50 kms, I got the hang of shifting gears at the right time and oh boy above 2100 rpm......you can feel the surge in power and the car simply moves. The air conditioning was quite effective with outside temperature ranging between 34 & 37 degrees celsius. The ride was excellent and I had a feeling of driving a sedan, what with the car nicely absorbing small humps and rough surfaces with considerable ease. The speed with which I drove was around 90 km. (max) and 75 to 80 on an average. The mileage returned was an astounding 19 km to a litre. This is a brief report on my experience with the Polo Trendline diesel. Thank you all guys who have provided me with lot of info/inputs on this car and made my choice a wise one.
Congratulations! Please start your thread!!
What accessories did you purchase?
How do you find the drive below 2000 rpm WRT Indica?
Great to see 2 new Polo's on the same day!!!!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 2nd June 2010 at 22:13.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:15   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
This is a brief report on my experience with the Polo Trendline diesel. Thank you all guys who have provided me with lot of info/inputs on this car and made my choice a wise one.
Congrats on the new car! I noted how you are impressed by the mid - top range RPM, but how does it feel to get it away from a dead start? Or imagine city traffic conditions :- stop-starts, bumper to bumper driving & quick overtaking. I'm only asking because a friend of mine (he's what u can say a "lay" car user) test drove the diesel (he's probably never driven ANY diesel, and that's what's common with me; hence this query) and he was quite let down by the "performance" (in his own words) "of the 1st & 2nd gears".

However, the opinion of a T-BHPian on this issue would give more meaning to the same. Enjoy the car (do I even have to say that?)
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:51   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Congrats sachin,uvmallya

Now that is the way to take delivery of a new car.! Did you went through Shiradi Ghats?
Yes I did drive through Shiradi ghat section. The road is motorable as of now and may get bad to very bad with the onset of the monsoon.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:57   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congratulations! Please start your thread!!
What accessories did you purchase?
How do you find the drive below 2000 rpm WRT Indica?
Great to see 2 new Polo's on the same day!!!!
Thanks a lot Chethan for the best wishes. The accessories that I had purchased were:- Kenwood stereo system with 2 speakers+ 2 JBL speakers, Mud flaps, Rubber matting, Door strip & a Teflon coating for the body paint work. The remote locking system is not available at the moment. WRT Indica, I owned a petrol one and may not be able to answer that question of yours.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:10   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Congrats on the new car! I noted how you are impressed by the mid - top range RPM, but how does it feel to get it away from a dead start? Or imagine city traffic conditions :- stop-starts, bumper to bumper driving & quick overtaking. I'm only asking because a friend of mine (he's what u can say a "lay" car user) test drove the diesel (he's probably never driven ANY diesel, and that's what's common with me; hence this query) and he was quite let down by the "performance" (in his own words) "of the 1st & 2nd gears".

However, the opinion of a T-BHPian on this issue would give more meaning to the same. Enjoy the car (do I even have to say that?)
Thanks for the wishes expressed. Indeed I am impressed with the mid - top range RPM of the car. I was using a petrol car until recently but did have a diesel amby which is no comparison to the Polo. Yes, getting away from a dead start may be a problem initially. I am now slowly overcoming that problem by revving the engine slightly more than a normal petrol car and it is working fine with getting away from a dead start. Since I got the car yesterday and did only a long distance drive I am yet to get the experience of bumper to bumper city traffic. Regarding overtaking, if you are on the highway, with proper changing of the gears you can overtake comfortably. Will keep you posted about more info in the days to come.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:20   #1434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post

Usual questions that every one has in mind!

Discovered this new thread yesterday! Thought it will help.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...trendline.html

Guys! One request - Please post a link to your new thread once you start - Otherwise some of us may miss it. Please!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 3rd June 2010 at 10:37.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:56   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, Has your car arrived? Mine is in the stockyard.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:27   #1436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan, Has your car arrived? Mine is in the stockyard.
Great! how did you get to know? Which stockyard? Downtown or Hosur Road?

My car was in transit as of yesterday. It has to reach latest by today evening. Waiting for the same.

When will you get the delivery? PDI+Insurance+Registration might take 2 days?
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:38   #1437
Senior - BHPian

My first job in the morning is to call the dealer They told it is currently in hosur road stock yard. No jubilation till I see the car in flesh. Call them up and see. Most probably both cars might have come in the same batch. Yes, the formalities will take 2 more days.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:41   #1438
Senior - BHPian

Poloman and Chetan, when you do get your cars, will you be posting full fledged reviews with lot's of pics?

Please do so!
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:32   #1439
BHPian

Congrats UV, good to see Polo's increasing on T-BHP
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:40   #1440
BHPian

@uvmallya, Congrats mate i am so happy to see someone from Mangalore with the polo.are you starting a seperate ownership thread on your polo?i suggest you do but in the meantime can you answer some of my queries

1) From which dealer did you purchase the car?i contacted Palace cross VW but no response to my mails

2)What about service?i know regular service is at a gap of nearly 1 year but what about accident repair etc?is there a dealer coming up in Mangalore?

Most Viewed