Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 15:02   #1951
Distinguished - BHPian

Hats off to the guy for trying not to hit the dog. It cost him his car. Sad story.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:39   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
I was at VW downtown yesterday, getting my Polo (black, highline) number plates fitted (ownership thread coming soon). While I was there, I saw a brand new Polo, coming in on a tow truck - and it was completely lost in the accident. Apparently, it is one of the first 1.6 deliveries that happened in Bangalore (not the very first) - and it got totalled within two days. The owner was trying to avoid a dog, and hit a tree. Apparently, the owner's deposit is still with the company - and he has asked the dealership to book another car, he is so happy with the performance!

So, the 1.6 Polo certainly drives well (zippy), has great safety features, and inspires confidence. Anything else, lets see!
Which color was the 1.6?

By the way, did you make the full payment before registration? Just wanted to confirm how the payment process works. My Polo was invoiced by VW on Monday. Do they give the car out on temporary registration and do you have to take it back to fix the number plates? Thanks!
Old 25th August 2010, 17:43   #1953
Senior - BHPian

OT: this is what I saw today- a blueline bus with a VW polo wheel cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-photo0896.jpg  

Old 25th August 2010, 22:06   #1954
BHPian

Wow! thats a nice catch. But sad to see this picture, some dealer in Delhi (if I am not wrong) quoted the price for a single Wheel Cover for VW Polo at 1600/- and here it is
Old 26th August 2010, 11:48   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Which color was the 1.6?

By the way, did you make the full payment before registration? Just wanted to confirm how the payment process works. My Polo was invoiced by VW on Monday. Do they give the car out on temporary registration and do you have to take it back to fix the number plates? Thanks!

Yes, they do need the full payment before they take it fo registration - since the car is yours after it is registered. Typically, the number plates arrive one day after registration. So if you want the car on the same day that it is registered, you drive it for a day or so without the plates - they put in a paper saying 'Registered' on the front and back screens.

Good part about going back the next day for some accessories - I got a free car wash thrown in. The black colour looks really nice after a nice wash
Old 26th August 2010, 13:59   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
OT: this is what I saw today- a blueline bus with a VW polo wheel cover.
That was hilarious

Sorry for the poor owner of the wheelcover
Old 26th August 2010, 14:11   #1957
BHPian

Polo owners : I have a question which might be silly..

In the Polo HL, does the car sound an alarm when you tap on the car. ie., if some one leans or pushes the car. I have seen this in many other cars with a burgler alarm. Or do you have to install it separately as an accessory ?

The very reason am asking this is for the VW Badge! Last week, I saw a VW ( don't remember if its a jetta or a passat ) without a VW badge. I have seen a lot of Skodas without a badge.

Will the same happen for Polo too ? Is the VW badge 'steal-able' ?? Any thoughts ??
Old 26th August 2010, 15:50   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkrish View Post
Congrats Driver2000! All the very best and wishing you loads of happy miles with your black beauty!
Eagerly waiting for the pics!
A little bit , but responding to AlexKrish's request: Alex, posted some pics on my ownership post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-way-home.html.

Hope you like the colour as much as I did
Old 26th August 2010, 15:56   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In the Polo HL, does the car sound an alarm when you tap on the car. ie., if some one leans or pushes the car. I have seen this in many other cars with a burgler alarm. Or do you have to install it separately as an accessory ?

The very reason am asking this is for the VW Badge! Last week, I saw a VW ( don't remember if its a jetta or a passat ) without a VW badge. I have seen a lot of Skodas without a badge.

Will the same happen for Polo too ? Is the VW badge 'steal-able' ?? Any thoughts ??
I think you are talking about those motion/vibration sensing alarm systems. They are available in the aftermarket if you really want it, but there have been reports of the alarm going off very easily (loud horn near your car, crackers, etc)
Old 26th August 2010, 23:33   #1960
BHPian

Thats true. I have even heard some going off during thunder storms. But my question is still not answered ! Is it 'Steal-able' ?? Any ways of avoiding it ?

The car looks great with the badge. I don't want to lose that!
One of my friend lost his Octavia's Skoda badge and he had to get a duplicate one.

Thanks Driver2000,

Your black beauty looks awesome! I generally like white cars, but after looking at pics of yours and chetanbg's black polo, i have started loving it. Black with that Pearl effect really adds to its beauty!

More pics if you can! The more I see the Car, the more I long for it!

Now, we have another ownership thread to track.. Hope its as informative and detailed as Chetan's. Keep writing.

Last edited by GTO : 28th August 2010 at 11:51. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 27th August 2010, 07:36   #1961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Polo comes only with an engine immobilizer. It does not have a vibration sensor. This can be fitted, after-market. Sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted, so that - It does not come on during thunder storm...Etc.

Chrome on any car, either inside or outside - is only stuck with an adhesive. This holds good for chrome strips, Logo's, scripts, inserts...Etc. Any thing today is steal-able.

Only difference is - Owner will wish that his Car was stolen, instead of only the Logo!!
Old 27th August 2010, 15:15   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Polo comes only with an engine immobilizer. It does not have a vibration sensor. This can be fitted, after-market. Sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted, so that - It does not come on during thunder storm...Etc.

Chrome on any car, either inside or outside - is only stuck with an adhesive. This holds good for chrome strips, Logo's, scripts, inserts...Etc. Any thing today is steal-able.

Only difference is - Owner will wish that his Car was stolen, instead of only the Logo!!
Isn't the Logo covered in Insurance? If not, a better way to protect it is to remove it yourself and keep it safely in the drawer.

@Chethan: Now I am eagerly waiting for your friends 1.6 and its TD report
Old 27th August 2010, 15:30   #1963
Distinguished - BHPian

About 17 or 18 years ago there was a band with a logo that looked very much like the VW logo. There were many VWs to be seen in UK with empty circles in their radiator grills due to fans steeling the logos.

The problem got so bad that VW offered to give them free to the fans!
Old 6th September 2010, 11:14   #1964
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Any idea on a solution to the lack of locking mechanism in the polo?Is there a chance to install a separate locking kit that allows other than the driver to unlock and lock the doors?
Sorry if this is answered, did not have the patience to search all the thread pages and ownership threads as its a huge task.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:22   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Any idea on a solution to the lack of locking mechanism in the polo?Is there a chance to install a separate locking kit that allows other than the driver to unlock and lock the doors?
Sorry if this is answered, did not have the patience to search all the thread pages and ownership threads as its a huge task.
AFAIK, you cant install anything external for locking the doors in the Polo. Anything from the market might run into warranty issues as well - so this might not be very possible. Call it the german quirkiness or whatever - they seem to be teaching us a bit of a locking/unlocking lesson?

Most Viewed