Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2012, 19:38   #2446
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Agreed, but dealer level discounts are always at the OTR price. They obviously cannot discount on the ex-showroom price since its the price figure registered with the RTO's and hence cannot be changed.

I havent come across any case where discounts were issued on ex-showroom price, have you?
Yes in my case it was exactly what was done. I don't know how he handled the RTO, but discount was on the ex-showroom price and the road tax, insurance etc were re-computed based on the new price.

Due to this, i ended up saving an additional 10k.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 25th February 2012 at 19:39.
Old 26th February 2012, 14:55   #2447

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Yes in my case it was exactly what was done. I don't know how he handled the RTO, but discount was on the ex-showroom price and the road tax, insurance etc were re-computed based on the new price.

Due to this, i ended up saving an additional 10k.

Good you negotiated yourself into this. Can you tell me which the dealer from whom you bought your car?
Also if you can let me the know the name of the sales man, it should be great.
Old 27th February 2012, 13:06   #2448
BHPian

I am in the dilemma of choosing car between Swift ZDI / Dzire ZDI / Polo 1.2 Highline.

Just to put in a better perspective why these cars as options only is because I am looking for a car through company lease plan and the options within my budget would be possible for these only.

Just to let you know I own a swift VDI which has done 60k now after 4 years of ownership. This car I possibly will sell or keep in the family after some months.

What do you guys suggest me to go for considering following:

- I want out and out drivers car
- I want decent space better than my existing swift
- should offer good space in the rear for three passengers.
- the car being leased I would not like to invest extra in the car to add accessories so should give the most out of the standard car.

Thanks to help me make my decision as I have to finalise on one in 2 weeks time to book through lease plan.
Old 27th February 2012, 14:03   #2449
Distinguished - BHPian

2012 Volkswagen Polo Updated With New Features !

" Volkswagen Polo have been confirmed and all Polo diesel Highline variants come with the new RCD 310 audio system, USB and AUX port, audio controls on the steering wheel, leather wrapped steering wheel with chrome insert and reverse parking sensors as standard.
Volkswagen has also do a software upgrade to the Polo, which enable automatic door locking at 10 km/h, automatic door unlock on removing the key from the ignition, petrol tank lock at speed over 5 km/h and beep sound on locking/unlocking the doors. These features are being offered to owners of old Polo vehicles as well and the customer needs to visit their Volkswagen dealership for a free of cost software upgrade to their cars."

2012 Volkswagen Polo Updated With New Features | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews.

Though it says the dealership would offer the upgrade free of cost, most are charging 450 rupees per upgrade!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 18:07   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

" Volkswagen Polo have been confirmed and all Polo diesel Highline variants come with the new RCD 310 audio system, USB and AUX port, audio controls on the steering wheel, leather wrapped steering wheel with chrome insert and reverse parking sensors as standard.
Volkswagen has also do a software upgrade to the Polo, which enable automatic door locking at 10 km/h, automatic door unlock on removing the key from the ignition, petrol tank lock at speed over 5 km/h and beep sound on locking/unlocking the doors. These features are being offered to owners of old Polo vehicles as well and the customer needs to visit their Volkswagen dealership for a free of cost software upgrade to their cars."

Cheers!
Interesting. But only Diesels and no Petrols! And about the features like automatic door locking, is this available only in Highline? I recently bought a Polo TDI TL and curious to know whether these are available for my Trendline Polo.
Old 27th February 2012, 18:54   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
I am in the dilemma of choosing car between Swift ZDI / Dzire ZDI / Polo 1.2 Highline.

What do you guys suggest me to go for considering following:

- I want out and out drivers car
- I want decent space better than my existing swift
- should offer good space in the rear for three passengers.
- the car being leased I would not like to invest extra in the car to add accessories so should give the most out of the standard car.

Thanks to help me make my decision as I have to finalise on one in 2 weeks time to book through lease plan.
saurabh,

I was in a similar dilemma, with a never ending wait on the Swift ZDi after 3 months of waiting,i decided to go the Polo D way. A month and 1300kms later, do i regret my decision ? Hell no!

I'll restrict my post to what i like in my Polo.
  1. Big car like ride and handling
  2. Well built car. Inside out
  3. Noise is very well controlled inside the cabin. You don't hear the 3 cyl 'thrum' much.
  4. The engine is not as bad as made out to be. The in-gear acceleration is very impressive.

A few things i don't like are:
  1. If your stuck in the wrong gear, it takes forever to get to the turbo zone.
  2. A few basic features missing. USB/AUX input, steering controls
  3. Rear seat space could be better

In your case, the Dzire makes more sense since you'll be retaining your Swift. But let me warn you,8 month wait period is a real test of patience!

@dinesh: I don't think its appropriate to put up dealers name her, will try to PM you.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 27th February 2012 at 19:11.
Old 27th February 2012, 19:07   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Quote:
saurabh,

I was in a similar dilemma, with a never ending wait on the Swift ZDi after 3 months of waiting,i decided to go the Polo D way. A month and 1300kms later, do i regret my decision ? Hell no!

I'll restrict my post to what i like in my Polo.
  1. Big car like ride and handling
  2. Well built car. Inside out
  3. Noise is very well controlled inside the cabin. You don't hear the 3 cyl 'thrum' much.
  4. The engine is not as bad as made out to be.

A few things i don't like are:
  1. If your stuck in the wrong gear, it takes forever to get to the turbo zone.
  2. A few basic features missing. USB/AUX input, steering controls
  3. Rear seat space could be better

In your case, the Dzire makes more sense since you'll be retaining your Swift. But let me warn you,8 month wait period is a real test of patience!
May I add to the confusion. I agree with points Shashank made. DZire may be the car for you if you can wait that long, but owning POLO is a different experience. Saying this after 4 months & 8.7K KMs of driving. if you can handle turbo lag, this is THE car for you, but you won't have space for 3 Tall adults at rear bench, though suffices for medium height occupants(5'9" or less on all 5 seats, though middle hump at rear seat is incomvenient fro 5th passenger). Apart form this, it's a wonderful car to own. VW has also added some feature to 2012 line, which should make it even better deal.

Last edited by nawalsingal : 27th February 2012 at 19:09.
Old 27th February 2012, 19:18   #2453
Senior - BHPian

These arent anything new, they are available right from the day polo was released on the HL version. Only thing was these dealers werent activating these during PDI before delivering to the customers. Most of us came to know these features through this forum, and I'm sure the major chunk of users arent even aware of the availability of these till date.

Some dealers take this opportunity to make a quick buck which is , but this article is nothing but an extract of information that is already available on this forum. The person who wrote this obviously doesnt know what he was writing about as it is not really a software upgrade in the first place!

Quote:
Old 27th February 2012, 20:01   #2454
Senior - BHPian

Unable to edit my earlier post, hence creating a new one. Just came across this very useful post by bhpian "the nomad" and thought I can share it with you as well. This gives you the comprehensive list of all VAS features available for the car, as you see it in the VAS screen. Next time your SA claims ignorance, you can take a print out and encounter him

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2694613

Credit and thanks - the nomad.
Old 27th February 2012, 22:34   #2455
Senior - BHPian

Does the 2012 Polo also come with Remote locking of windows and drivers side control of rear power windows ?

The OP in this thread seems to suggest so:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rossed-us.html
Old 27th February 2012, 22:52   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk

saurabh,

I was in a similar dilemma, with a never ...

In your case, the Dzire makes more sense since you'll
Thanks Shashank, agree with your suggestion except that I also won't like to wait too long for the car and rear seat I just want it to be better than the old swift.

Overall Polo looks to be a better choice if I can live its three pot engine or can even look at 1.6 since my daily driving is around 40 Kms daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal

May I add to the confusion. ...5'9" or less on all 5 seats, though middle hump at rear seat is incomvenient fro 5th passenger). Apart form this, it's a wonderful car to own. VW has also added some feature to 2012 line, which should make it even better deal.
Indeed Nawal, I would like to have a car which offers better rear space and comfort compared to old swift I have. Do you think it is better than swift?

Are the additional features coming at no extra price? Is it also available on Petrol Polo 1.6?
Old 28th February 2012, 19:32   #2457
Senior - BHPian

Good catch, if true then it may also feature the one touch up/down, remote operation of PW and anti-pinch protection.

Member "rareone" has got a new 2012 polo, who can answer these questions. He doesnt seem to be active on this thread though.

Quote:
Does the 2012 Polo also come with Remote locking of windows and drivers side control of rear power windows ?

The OP in this thread seems to suggest so:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rossed-us.html
Old 28th February 2012, 20:56   #2458
BHPian

Quote:

I visited today VW for a test drive of 1.2 D & 1.6 P but they had only 1.2 D. The Sales Consultant (that's what VW Sales People are called with) when inquired about Polo 2012 coming with Parking Sensors, RCD 310 Audio system, Steering Mounted Control after checking with his seniors confirmed that the 2012 Polo is already with them and they dont have anything like that on offer. He also said there was nothing like this coming soon as they have no communication regarding that.

Now that's a bit of contradiction, but i did tell them that there is for sure a newer 2012 Polo is coming soon Do we have a confirmed news on this? As the VW website also doesn't say anything on this.

Sales Guy is giving a good deal on 1.6 Polo 2011, with discounts nearing 1 Lakh including 50 K cash discount. Also add to that they are providing VW loan at 6.27 for 5 year tenure or 2.25 for 3 year tenure.

Along with 50 K cash discount comes free Insurance worth Rs 26,276, AMC for 2 Years that they claim saves about 20K expense and finally corporate discount of 9K which sums up to Rs 106276. The effective Price comes out to be around 629000 which can be financed at a very nominal rate.

My daily driving is less than 40 Kms per day.Just to let you know i am looking for a car through lease plan so ultimately for me even if its a great deal it wont materialize to own this beauty.
Old 28th February 2012, 23:03   #2459
BHPian

Hi friends
@ saurabhdadhichi,even I inquired from my local VW dealer that no such features have been added to 2012 polo highline models.Although aux port is added in 2012 polo diesel comfortline models.

I wanted to pick 2011 polo diesel comfortline but they have sold all there stock.
Instead he was offering me Rs.110000.00 on 2011 polo 1.6 in which i'm not interested.
There are no discounts being offered on 2012 models and i'm not in a hurry to buy one.
It's wait and watch for me.

Rgds
Braveheart
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Toyota Innova VX 2009
Chevy Spark PS 2009
M.Zen 1997
Honda Unicorn 2006
Old 28th February 2012, 23:54   #2460
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Hi friends
@ saurabhdadhichi,even I inquired from my local VW dealer that no such features have been added to 2012 polo highline models.Although aux port is added in 2012 polo diesel comfortline models.

I wanted to pick 2011 polo diesel comfortline but they have sold all there stock.
Instead he was offering me Rs.110000.00 on 2011 polo 1.6 in which i'm not interested.
There are no discounts being offered on 2012 models and i'm not in a hurry to buy one.
It's wait and watch for me.

Rgds
Braveheart
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Toyota Innova VX 2009
Chevy Spark PS 2009
M.Zen 1997
Honda Unicorn 2006
how much it costing you on road mate 1.6 ? & 110k is cash discount ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks