Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 20:51   #2671
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

I did not find Polo 1.6 in the "Variants" section, neither in the e-brochure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Also the Polo1.6 with updated features are uploaded.
Old 11th September 2012, 22:11   #2672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
The normal goof up as usual, now they have removed the 1.6 variant!

Cheers!
Old 11th September 2012, 22:11   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
From the updated catalouge seen in VW website.

Also the Polo1.6 with updated features are uploaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
So its official now. The Polo 1.6 has been discontinued. Variants section doesn't list the Polo Highline 1.6 anymore.

Link:http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model..._overview.html
Old 13th September 2012, 11:46   #2674
Distinguished - BHPian

Should be alarming to VW how little interest the Polo 'refresh' has garnered amongst TBHP. While there is SOME interest in the Vento TDI, there is precious little in the Polo.

Will VW's service reach Skoda's unenviable standards? Today, most potential (TBHP or non-TBHP) buyers are quite aware of Skoda's service reputation. Am sure it scares off the professional classes who simply want a trouble-free car withour having to stress on huge service bills or outright negligience and/or fraud.

As a potential Polo TDI Trendline, Swift LDI/VDI or i20 CRDI Era buyer, service reputation is a make-or-break factor. Polo has a huge handicap here!
Old 13th September 2012, 15:36   #2675
BHPian

I own a polo and am quite repulsed by VW service centres especially KSM motors in Navi Mumbai. Had a suboptimal experience with them on my first service. Car was kept or over a day and returned with over 60km on the ODO. The service advisor said it was a 'post-service test drive' but 60km? Really? They charged me over 600 for a car wash and my seats were dirtier than when I had given it in. Later a local tire fellow tells me my tires had never been rotated on examining the tread despite KSM charging over the top for the same. Now after reading the story of the Jetta owner's suffering I really don't know where to send in my car for servicing. Last year in April I had met with an accident and must say at the time their 24x7 assistance was prompt and a flat bed reached the spot in 45mins. My car was taken for repair to the Lalbaug service centre. My experience with them was quite the contrast even though some parts didn't come in for about a month. The service advisor was very courteous, none of my calls went unanswered. Also the painting and touch-up was A1 in my book, as good as new. Can't comment how they're doing now however.

As for the facelift, the only thing that makes me jealous is the updated wiring harness which will make any accessories purchased from abroad plug and play including the RCD510 amongst others.
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 07:50   #2676
Distinguished - BHPian

So the official word from VW on the 1.5TDI, but ofcource date not revealed, tends to the 2014 release.

Quote:
group is developing a 1.5 litre diesel engine to be used across various models of Volkswagen and Skoda including Polo, Fabia, Vento and Rapid, instead of using multiple 1.6-litre and 1.2-litre engines.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16391147.cms
Old 14th September 2012, 09:08   #2677

Anyone from NCR tried the new Millenium Volkswagen service center in Gurgaon? I've been getting SMSs from them for the past few days. I have no idea how they know that my car is just a 1000kms from servicing :P
Old 14th September 2012, 12:51   #2678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
Anyone from NCR tried the new Millenium Volkswagen service center in Gurgaon? I've been getting SMSs from them for the past few days. I have no idea how they know that my car is just a 1000kms from servicing :P
I have been there few times. It is not crowded (good for us) but I feel they are not very skilled.

I have a minor sound coming from rear in my Polo. They spent whole day and could not find the source.

In my next visit (26-July), they spend few hours and told me that the shock absorber is defective and it is not covered not even in basic warranty. That time, I refused to pay for shock absorber and wanted to discuss it on T-BHP.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2852728

Next visit (21-August), I went there, willing to pay for the shock absorber. They changed it and the sound was still there. So, they put the old shock absorber back. Again, they spent whole day from 11:00AM to 5:00PM but were unable to find the source of the sound.

When I got a call from VW Mumbai, I told them I am not satisfied. So, Service Manager of VW Millenium called me on 10th Sep and requested me to allow them to pick the car up to solve the problem. I agreed for 12th Sep. She told me that someone will call on 11th to confirm and note down the address but no body called, nobody appeared to pick up the car.

The sound is not much, not worth spending more than 3 days to find the source. So, I am ignoring it till next service which is couple of months away and I am not going to VW Millennium for that.

They, might be ok if it is a routine service but if you have a list of problems to be fixed, I don't think it is a good place to go.
Old 28th September 2012, 03:01   #2679
Senior - BHPian

A lot of you might have read about the problems I faced with my 6 month old car, well i'd like to update you all on how its doing now.

Its been 1000 kms since the diesel leak and everything seems to be fine with the car. This included on a long drive to Tirupati and it was brilliant to experience the 'big-car' like ride in a hatch, except for the power and space I didn't miss my Octy. The other 500 kms were within the city.

A Fabia owner had experienced the very same problem with injector nut going lose resulting in a diesel leak, so I make it a point to open the engine cover and inspect for signs of leakage once in a week. Would suggest other (paranoid) owners to do the same

Polo also crossed 7k on the odo in 7 months of ownership, 1k a month on an average, not too bad eh
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 10:11   #2680
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the reccommended Kms for first service incase if the vehicle has not clocked 15k but crossed one year of ownership?

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th October 2012 at 10:18.
Old 5th October 2012, 10:29   #2681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the reccommended Kms for first service incase if the vehicle has not clocked 15k but crossed one year of ownership?

Cheers!
I'd say ASAP. Recommended interval is 1 year or 15000KM whichever is earlier.
Old 5th October 2012, 10:33   #2682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I'd say ASAP. Recommended interval is 1 year or 15000KM whichever is earlier.
True, but the service indicaton in the dash now flash as 8.5K km !

Cheers!
Old 5th October 2012, 15:05   #2683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True, but the service indicaton in the dash now flash as 8.5K km !
Cheers!
Doesnt the Polo have a "Days remaining for service" indicator just like Vento, just above the km's remaining? That 8.5k kms must be the remaining distance to 15,000 but since you already completed 1 year, you should go for service asap so that your warranty isnt void.

Its 15,000 or 1 year whichever is earlier
Old 5th October 2012, 15:16   #2684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Its 15,000 or 1 year whichever is earlier

Will get it done asap but confusion prevailed when the VW service insisted that it is not necessary to do it at a year's completion rather to do it at a 8500 km.

Cheers!
Old 9th October 2012, 14:42   #2685
BHPian

Read in the newspaper (Pune Times) about new discount offer of Rs 50K on Polo and Rs 70K on Vento. Called up my dealer and he adjusted my Polo Highline (P) booking to reflect the discount of Rs 30K. Reason being the 50K offer is only for Trendline and Comfortline. My updated OTR Pune (PMC) is 6.38L inclusive of Car Care Pkg (2yrs Extended Warranty and 1yr Zero Dep Insurance) and RTO. Sweet deal

No other goodies or accessories, but I may well spend the extra 30K to get some good accessories. Any ideas on accessories for Polo are welcome... Would appreciate if experienced buyers can share if it's worth going for purchasing accessories from dealer or to go for after-market ones?

Most Viewed