Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 16:17   #2686
Senior - BHPian

^^
Any non electrical cosmetic things buy from outside. This means things like side protectors, tyres, car covers, seat covers, any chrome treatment, key rings etc. You can also buy a GPS unit if you plan to do lot of highway runs. Buy a good car charger also for that.

However, electronic items like HU I would stick with the dealer. Reason being, the risk of poor installation outside and voiding of electrical warranties. You can also buy door sills at the dealership as those are pretty cheap.

Last edited by joslicx : 9th October 2012 at 16:20.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 19:17   #2687
BHPian

Hello BHPIans!
I just spoke to VW downtown and they are having cool discounts on Polo till 31st Oct. They are giving free insurance, cash discount of 15,000, corporate disc of 8,000 exchange bonus of 20,000 plus the value of the exchange car! So the total on road panvel registration comes to 539,909 (comfortline)without value of exchanged car.
I am planning to buy an additional car by year end and seems this is a sweet deal in fact better than swift vxi which is the one my brother recommends. Swift vxi on road panvel registration is coming to 555,000 minus loyalty bonus of 10,000 and cars value (i own M800).
What do u say guys? My heart says polo but head says swift!
Old 10th October 2012, 11:10   #2688
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Hello BHPIans!
I just spoke to VW downtown and they are having cool discounts on Polo till 31st Oct. They are giving free insurance, cash discount of 15,000, corporate disc of 8,000 exchange bonus of 20,000 plus the value of the exchange car! So the total on road panvel registration comes to 539,909 (comfortline)without value of exchanged car.

I am planning to buy an additional car by year end and seems this is a sweet deal in fact better than swift vxi which is the one my brother recommends. Swift vxi on road panvel registration is coming to 555,000 minus loyalty bonus of 10,000 and cars value (i own M800).
What do u say guys? My heart says polo but head says swift!
POLO all the way

Yesterday I asked for a quote of Trendline Petrol with the on-going discounts. Dealer here in Pune quoted 4.85L OTR

IMO, 4.85 beats all logic to go for a MSIL vehicle and gives an opportunity to the "Mango People" to own and drive a VW instead.

Totally worth it, IMHO.
Old 12th October 2012, 19:58   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
I want to know more about this. Has anybody tried changing the suspension bush? Is it worth it? Does it improve the ride quality/bump absorbtion?

Thanks
I know its late. But still better than never!
I had tried this.
I was in 2 minds whether to proceed with the change or not. The change was not carried out in any of the customer vehicle till then. As per the service center people, VW strictly warned them not to carry out suspension lift till it is tried and tested in the demo vehicles at service centers. Even some of the executives were not even aware of this option. But when my Polo's nose bottomed out again, I have decided to be a Guinea-pig.

Fixed an appointment of 4 hours, carried out the change, took back the car; now completed >1.5K after this. So I decided to express my opinion.

Only the front suspension is lifted, the rear part is untouched. I was also worried how it is going to affect the stability. The advantage is it will improve your confidence in bad road due to the higher GC. My Polo's nose never bottomed out after this. About disadvantages, it slightly affected the stability of the vehicle at high speeds (>100 KM/Hr). Well, not exactly the stability, but still I was more comfortable with the earlier stance of my Polo at high speed. May be some psychological effect as I was quite sure that the change will affect the stability (before decided to go ahead).

Will I recommend this?
Definitely NO for those who can live with the current setup. If your Polo is not bottoming out frequently and only occasionally, dont even think about this.
An YES to those who cannot see their vehicle is bottoming out every here and there.

Hope I could clarify.
Old 14th October 2012, 02:45   #2690
BHPian

Today I went and had a PDI before my Polo goes for registration. And oh my!! It has been a big struggle to let go off it at the warehouse and walk away... Just waiting for Dusshera when I would finally drive home the beauty.

The new smoked lamps look stunning on red body. I was skeptical about it at first but one look at it today, dispelled all doubts. I have also asked the dealer to remove Volkswagen badge and he said he would look into it. Fingers crossed. The wait is on.

Cheers!!
Old 14th October 2012, 07:05   #2691
Senior - BHPian

^^ sankdadevil

If your car is already available with the dealer why dont you just drive it home today itself! If you ask me, no day is more auspicious than today!

Dont you fear the dealer might use your car as test drive car for other customers? Dealers are known to indulge in these kind of (nefarious) activities and theres a thread here on TBHP on that. They disconnect the Odo so you would not even come to know about it! Think about it.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 10:10   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx
^^ sankdadevil
If your car is already available with the dealer why dont you just drive it home today itself! If you ask me, no day is more auspicious than today!
Agreed. But have strict instructions from home.

Anyways the car gets RTO passing this Tuesday so after that I might just anyways sneak out and get the car home hehehe...
Old 16th October 2012, 12:13   #2693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice29 View Post
Just wanted to update about a funny thing happened with my Polo TDi. Was that funny?
I was contemplating on buying a Polo TDi, but going through this thread I am not only skeptical but also now revisiting my alternatives of a Polo Petrol too. My line of thought is - for a car this expensive and from a renowned brand, safety issues like tyre pressure, oil check before stipulated time should be addressed. What say ?
Old 16th October 2012, 20:21   #2694
BHPian

Finally POLOrised!!! Booked white petrol comfortline for delivery on 24th Oct. Desperately awaiting for my dream car. Thanks to all BHPians for all the help in deciding.
Old 16th October 2012, 21:23   #2695
BHPian

the 1.2 TSI engine in polo has been spotted testing by indiancarbike. any news of any impending launch. could this be the reason for the fantastic discounts on offer currently?

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/v...pending-63704/
funkyp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 00:26   #2696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp
the 1.2 TSI engine in polo has been spotted testing by indiancarbike. any news of any impending launch. could this be the reason for the fantastic discounts on offer currently?

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/v...pending-63704/
I that's happening, anytime, I would definitely love to have it in my garage!! Wonderful news. Now let us all keep our fingers crossed that this car does see day light in India.
Old 17th October 2012, 18:42   #2697
BHPian

The marketing team has been revamped. The germans have realised that a premium product should offer some performance so they dont really have a choice because the competition (i10 and the new swift) have petrol engines feature variable valve technology.the TSI could come to india sooner than we think. In india paid service coupons are deemed a right for the new car buyer. VW needs to rethink about their policy here also.
Old 19th October 2012, 18:14   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremoo View Post
The marketing team has been revamped. The germans have realised that a premium product should offer some performance so they dont really have a choice because the competition (i10 and the new swift) have petrol engines feature variable valve technology.the TSI could come to india sooner than we think. In india paid service coupons are deemed a right for the new car buyer. VW needs to rethink about their policy here also.
If it was so, what was the reason behind discontinuing 1.6 from the market?
I would have not been surprised if this move occurred after introducing the TSI
Old 20th October 2012, 19:20   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
If it was so, what was the reason behind discontinuing 1.6 from the market?
I would have not been surprised if this move occurred after introducing the TSI
The 1.6L polo was not selling well anyway;lot of discounts were offered to get it sold, it dissapointed the car buyer on two counts A)power not comparable to the fiat 1.6. B)The fuel economy was nothing great to write home about.
The TSI is already powering many cars in the skoda and VW engines in india so it is only natural that the 1.2 follows the same path.
supremoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2012, 20:11   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremoo

The 1.6L polo was not selling well anyway;lot of discounts were offered to get it sold, it dissapointed the car buyer on two counts A)power not comparable to the fiat 1.6. B)The fuel economy was nothing great to write home about.
The TSI is already powering many cars in the skoda and VW engines in india so it is only natural that the 1.2 follows the same path.
I own a 1.6 and have no gripe with the fuel economy. Infact in my opinion, comparable to the 1.2. I am not light-footed as such yet manage 10-11kmpl in city usage with AC on at all times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks