Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 18:34   #2761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchir911 View Post

You do love your car mate! My suggestion is not to worry... Polo is designed to take some amount of abuse.
=====
Again, just don't overdo it (3-6 months interval).
Yes Ruchir, I am in love with my Polo - My Shadowfax. Oh yes the build of Polo is awesome but this was my first such incident in my driving experience of 10 years so was a bit more worried. Anyways thanks a lot for the information.
Old 16th January 2013, 11:38   #2762
Senior - BHPian

Just a heads up to those looking to buy a Polo in Bangalore. I'd been to the showroom yesterday and the OTR after insurance is waived off comes to 8.3 lakhs for the highline and 7.8 for the comfortline.

I'm guessing these are 2012 manf models and one can get better discounts if you negotiate.

It has all 4 power window controls from the driver side, one-touch up/down and backlight even on the comfortline which is sadly missing on my car !

Last edited by shashank.nk : 16th January 2013 at 11:39.
Old 29th January 2013, 09:20   #2763
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

VW upgrades its products - Vento and Polo

The Polo Highline now comes with the new RCD 320 music system with USB, AUX and Bluetooth, while the lesser Comfortline variant gets the RCD 310 system with USB and AUX only.

Accordingly, VW has hiked the prices for these cars by about 2.27 percent. This should see an increase of about Rs 10,000-12,000 for the Polo and Rs 10,000-20,000 for the Vento.

Cheers!

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/330...ento-polo.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 21:15   #2764
BHPian

Hello guys,

Hope you're all doing well. I'm in the market searching for a hatchback. I did take a test drive of VW Polo and was sold by the build quality and the engine.
I do have a few queries before taking the jump into the VW family.

1. Maintenance cost of a polo. Is it high or medium ranged?
2. How expensive are spare parts e.g bumper and ORVM(as these may have to be replaced once in a while)?
3. I was told by the service advisor that he will give me a 2013 production model. Is there someway for me to check if it is true? maybe some engine block number or some manufacturing code
4. I'm looking for the Highline diesel Polo. I'm being offered insurance free and nothing more. Is there some tactic to peel of some more discounts
5. In the showroom price chart he has added "HANDLING/REGISTRATION" charges as 8000/-. Correct me if I'm wrong here but I read in detail about how dealers are not supposed to charge handling charges for the vehicle. Is this a valid charge?

Total on road price for the POLO Highline in Bangalore is: 8.77 Lakh
Old 31st January 2013, 00:31   #2765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_slow View Post
Hello guys,

Hope you're all doing well. I'm in the market searching for a hatchback. I did take a test drive of VW Polo and was sold by the build quality and the engine.
I do have a few queries before taking the jump into the VW family.
Quote:
1. Maintenance cost of a polo. Is it high or medium ranged?
Slightly on the higher side. With diesel,first service will set you back by 8-9k. Its once a year or 15k kms whichever is earlier.
Quote:
2. How expensive are spare parts e.g bumper and ORVM(as these may have to be replaced once in a while)?
IIRC, the rear bumper is 6k or so, the mirrors fold both ways so it may survive a few hits by 2 wheelers

Quote:
3. I was told by the service advisor that he will give me a 2013 production model. Is there someway for me to check if it is true? maybe some engine block number or some manufacturing code
You can ask him to give you the VIN no and post it on the VIN decoding thread on tbhp. You'll know the manf date with that. A simpler way is to see if you're getting the RCD 320 HU which comes with the 2013 models, it has AUX,Bluetooth and USB integrated. The RCD 310 on the 2012 models has only USB.

Quote:
5. In the showroom price chart he has added "HANDLING/REGISTRATION" charges as 8000/-. Correct me if I'm wrong here but I read in detail about how dealers are not supposed to charge handling charges for the vehicle. Is this a valid charge?
This is nothing but bribes they supposedly pay. I bargained hard but was still forced to pay up!
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 13:01   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Slightly on the higher side. With diesel,first service will set you back by 8-9k. Its once a year or 15k kms whichever is earlier.

IIRC, the rear bumper is 6k or so, the mirrors fold both ways so it may survive a few hits by 2 wheelers

You can ask him to give you the VIN no and post it on the VIN decoding thread on tbhp. You'll know the manf date with that. A simpler way is to see if you're getting the RCD 320 HU which comes with the 2013 models, it has AUX,Bluetooth and USB integrated. The RCD 310 on the 2012 models has only USB.

This is nothing but bribes they supposedly pay. I bargained hard but was still forced to pay up!
Thanks for the info Shashank. I'm going back for another test drive and having a few more negotiations (fingers crossed) being an entrepreneur I've picked up some skills negotiating let's see if they can be put to good use now
Old 1st February 2013, 13:41   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

A simpler way is to see if you're getting the RCD 320 HU which comes with the 2013 models, it has AUX,Bluetooth and USB integrated. The RCD 310 on the 2012 models has only USB.
Hi Shashank, how can I differentiate from a RCD 320 and a RCD 310 HU? Is it based on looks or are there some additional functionalities? Also is it customary to ask the SA if he can show me the vehicle being allotted to me before registration?

Mods: I could not edit the previous post, kindly take necessary action.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:53   #2768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shashank, how can I differentiate from a RCD 320 and a RCD 310 HU? Is it based on looks or are there some additional functionalities? Also is it customary to ask the SA if he can show me the vehicle being allotted to me before registration?

Mods: I could not edit the previous post, kindly take necessary action.
The RCD 310 AFAIK doesn't have USB and AUX on the HU itself, whereas the 320 has all these on the HU. This post should give you a better idea of how the new HU looks, if it looks any different safe to say its a 2012 model.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3028628

Yes you can ask the SA to show the car before registration, i'd done the same for my car but unfortunately they refused to move the car from their basement and so I couldn't spot a few fine scratches. If you do ask for SA to show you the car, make sure you inspect it under sun light.
Old 6th February 2013, 16:06   #2769
BHPian

Hey guys,

I'm about to book the VW Polo 1.2 Diesel Highline. The on road price in Bangalore is 8.77 lakhs which is quite expensive. Leaving this aside I've heard that VW is planning on launching new engines for the Polo.

1. should I wait for the launch of those engines?
2. 8.77 lakhs for a hatchback is high, if I take a wild guess can I say that with the launch of the 1.6 Diesel will there be a decrease in the 1.2 TDI prices or will they just increase the price for the 1.6 Diesel?

I would call myself as a sensible commuter and prefer a car that can soak out those harsh bumps, give me a soft plush ride and it must handle well. I would like the gadgets to work properly and the vehicle should be reliable. I have two Toyota cars that I use in terms of reliability they score well, can I expect the same from the Polo. Till date my Innova or my Corolla have never broken down, why I say this is I've read the reports from this forum about clutch breakdown, engine mounts problems etc. Are these quite common in the VW?
D'Artagnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 16:13   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm about to book the VW Polo 1.2 Diesel Highline. The on road price in Bangalore is 8.77 lakhs which is quite expensive. Leaving this aside I've heard that VW is planning on launching new engines for the Polo.

2. 8.77 lakhs for a hatchback is high, if I take a wild guess can I say that with the launch of the 1.6 Diesel will there be a decrease in the 1.2 TDI prices or will they just increase the price for the 1.6 Diesel?

I would call myself as a sensible commuter and prefer a car that can soak out those harsh bumps, give me a soft plush ride and it must handle well. I would like the gadgets to work properly and the vehicle should be reliable. I have two Toyota cars that I use in terms of reliability they score well, can I expect the same from the Polo. Till date my Innova or my Corolla have never broken down, why I say this is I've read the reports from this forum about clutch breakdown, engine mounts problems etc. Are these quite common in the VW?
take my words and buy the newest 2013 model which has Auto climate control and bluetooth integration.
there is no new engine coming except 1.2 TSi which is still 2-3 months away probably.
Old 6th February 2013, 16:18   #2771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Also take a look at Fabia Active Plus, which is same 1.2 TDI engine but ex-showroom of 6.2 may come upto 7.5 OTR which is a whole lac cheaper and has slightly higher ground clearance than Polo and a proper rough-road package and fibre skid plates for engine protection etc.
Old 7th February 2013, 06:03   #2772
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a polo in the blue color shade of vento. And I must say it looks really good !!! Classy! The car was driven from stockyard to dealer. Also noticed that the ground clearance has increased. I don't know if its my perception or what.
Old 7th February 2013, 20:07   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
take my words and buy the newest 2013 model which has Auto climate control and bluetooth integration.
there is no new engine coming except 1.2 TSi which is still 2-3 months away probably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Also take a look at Fabia Active Plus, which is same 1.2 TDI engine but ex-showroom of 6.2 may come upto 7.5 OTR which is a whole lac cheaper and has slightly higher ground clearance than Polo and a proper rough-road package and fibre skid plates for engine protection etc.

Hey Nicky, thanks for the info. Will the 1.2 Tsi be more expensive than the current range than the 1.2 Tdi? Is it a diesel? I'm already stretching my budget wouldn't want to spend more and I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast but a rather sedentary driver in city an on the highway. I have a friend of mine whose insisting on the Swift Zdi, although the car is brilliant in many ways the interior plastics are just rudimentary and 8.5L for a Maruti is just not worth it.

Hey Lurker, i've narrowed down my list to the new Swift or the VW Polo. Mostly it'll be the new Polo. I've noticed that not a lot of people have not updated this thread I hope the polo is riding strong in every owners home.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 7th February 2013 at 20:10. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 7th February 2013, 20:29   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Nicky, thanks for the info. Will the 1.2 Tsi be more expensive than the current range than the 1.2 Tdi? Is it a diesel?
No, its not a diesel rather 1.2 TSI is a turbo charged 4 cylinder petrol engine. And it will be expensive than the current 1.2 petrol variant because of added turbo and all other stuffs. 1.2 TSI is more fuel efficient and more powerful engine.

Quote:
I'm already stretching my budget wouldn't want to spend more and I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast but a rather sedentary driver in city an on the highway.
If you already liked the Polo 1.2 TDI than stick with it, its a nice rev friendly engine. Drives like a petrol car unlike most other engines which have very limited rev range. Power delivery is linear and predictable. Turbo doesn't behave like on/off switch which makes it easy to drive. It can't be called a 'fast' engine but still you can enjoy few spirited bursts once you get used to of the car and mange to figure out its power band.

Heard that VW also added auto climate control in the top end variant along with the already added features in 'refreshed' variants so Polo much more VFM now.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 7th February 2013 at 20:32.
Old 8th February 2013, 00:34   #2775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Unfortunately there are no clear timelines for the 1.6TDi launch, what we read is mere speculation though it may get launched sometime later this year. If you're in no hurry then you can wait for it.

Quote:
The 1.6 will certainly be more expensive than the 1.2TDI, whether they'll retain the existing prices for the 1.2 and sell the 1.6 at a premium, or reduce the prices is a tough one to guess. I think they will price the 1.6 at a 50k to 1 lakh premium over the 1.2TDI.

Quote:
why I say this is I've read the reports from this forum about clutch breakdown, engine mounts problems etc. Are these quite common in the VW?
Being an owner who's experienced a few problems initially, I can say that VW is not as reliable as the Japs. But fret not, the clutch problems you've read about might be the hard clutch which was fine after a clutch hose pipe replacement. Engine mounts were also replaced under warranty i believe.

The 2013 Polo has ACC too is it ? Even at 8.77 lakhs, its still a good buy my friend, you seem to like the engine so go ahead with it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks