Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2015, 12:53   #3571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

@ lordvader - if the registration formalities have not commenced, you can always cancel the delivery and take from the fresh lot with updated features !

My friend has done this with VW, he moved from CL to HL and it was accommodated.
Old 17th August 2015, 14:07   #3572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
@ lordvader - if the registration formalities have not commenced, you can always cancel the delivery and take from the fresh lot with updated features !

My friend has done this with VW, he moved from CL to HL and it was accommodated.
Very true sir! Unfortunately, I have not only crossed that bridge but burnt and done with it as well.

Its just the delivery part which is left now. Honestly speaking, I'm happy with what I have now and though the new features seem enticing, I guess I can make do without them.
Old 17th August 2015, 15:11   #3573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Abhinandan for sharing the following information!
These were the common "negatives" reported in team bhp ownership report. Looks like VW is finally getting pulse of Indian customer and addressing the short comings

We must thank Hyundai for introducing features like turn indicator on ORVM, auto folding mirrors, start stop button etc even in a vehicle which is segment below premium hatches ( i10 Grand). Forget VW, If not for feature packed Hyundai hatches even Marti wouldn’t have introduced these features in Swift.
Old 17th August 2015, 18:43   #3574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice and needed updates. Cruise control is a surprise. If I am not wrong, the Polo will be the first car under 10L (On Road) to get cruise control. That is a pretty big addition to the segment. I think currently only the S Cross, City Vento and Rapid get cruise control.
Old 18th August 2015, 06:24   #3575
BHPian

When are they going to get rid of the three pot? I feel that a four cylinder NA 1.2 should be introduced as well.
Old 18th August 2015, 13:25   #3576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
When are they going to get rid of the three pot? I feel that a four cylinder NA 1.2 should be introduced as well.

They should seriously get rid of the 3 pot, I had bought it for city use and still i was disappointed. Diesal like clatter during startup, 15k bill for the first year servicing for a petrol car, Power was never on tap, ended up selling it just after the service.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 15:48   #3577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
They should seriously get rid of the 3 pot, I had bought it for city use and still i was disappointed. Diesal like clatter during startup, 15k bill for the first year servicing for a petrol car, Power was never on tap, ended up selling it just after the service.
All VW needs to do is remove the turbo and related parts from the GT TSI and sell it with the manual version. I am sure the power specs would increase as well in the process.

It is weird that overall the car is a good package, but has a 3 cylinder engine which in no way belongs under its hood.

My sister is waiting for the delivery of the Comfortline this week. I loved the interiors, especially the steering wheel and overall quality and the SA had mentioned this batch on would be with indicators on mirror, and has a cruise control as well on the CL.
Since she is not going to drive much or do trips , the engine is not an issue, but I still wished by now they would have upgraded.

Last edited by tharian : 18th August 2015 at 15:50.
Old 19th August 2015, 14:58   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
No problem buddy!

I booked a VW 1.5l TDI Highline today in Apple Auto, Whitefield Bangalore

I did not wait for the facelift though - the features being added did not seem to warrant losing discounts of ~60k.
Old 21st August 2015, 13:55   #3579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiIyengar View Post
No problem buddy!

I booked a VW 1.5l TDI Highline today in Apple Auto, Whitefield Bangalore

I did not wait for the facelift though - the features being added did not seem to warrant losing discounts of ~60k.
Thanks for confirming this.

My sister has booked the 1.2 Comfortline manual and waiting for delivery which should be in few days and the showroom guy had mentioned that the new cars have cruise control , indicators on the mirrors and cooled glove box .

He didn't mentioned the autofolding ORVM. Probably thats only for Highline.
Old 21st August 2015, 14:09   #3580
BHPian

Autofolding ovrm & cruise control are only for the Highline .. Cooled glovebox & indicators mounted on ovrm are I believe standard across all variants..
Old 21st August 2015, 23:36   #3581

Cruise Control is sweet! I wonder if there will be a way to retrofit cruise control on older models.
Old 23rd August 2015, 05:03   #3582
BHPian

Hi BHPians

I am thinking of trading in my old i10 1.1 iRDE with Polo 1.2 L Petrol. My budget restricts me to the Trendline but I find the tyres for TL to be 175/14 while the CL and HL get 185/15. How much of a difference does it make to the ride quality within city. In the Chennai roads where I drive, there are quite some potholes and the old i10 has notoriously bad ride quality in such conditions. That is the reason for this car exchange. However, unsure if CL is much better than TL in terms of ride quality. Please advise.
Thanks
Madhav
Old 24th August 2015, 09:52   #3583

I really wish that my Polo ( bought 3 months back ) can be upgraded to alteast the electronic OVRM. Any news on whether such retrofits are planned.
Old 24th August 2015, 10:42   #3584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Abhisek View Post
I really wish that my Polo ( bought 3 months back ) can be upgraded to alteast the electronic OVRM. Any news on whether such retrofits are planned.
Unfortunately dealers will not do these retrofits. Many of the retrofits are feasible, but will need to be done outside.

For example, the cruise control is a potentially simple retrofit if the car has the right version BCM (The HL Vento has it, so the Polo also should have it)

That is one problem of buying a VW Polo/Vento. They keep releasing refreshes/special editions at frequent intervals.
Old 24th August 2015, 12:30   #3585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Abhisek View Post
Yes I have planned this. May be next month. This retrofit kit is available from vagtune. Have a look at http://www.vagtune.in/volkswagen/vw-...-signal-detail.
Although expensive at 35 k still worth it.

Only cruise control is a substantial feature upgrade IMO. Gannu_1 is working on retrofitting cruise control to his polo gt tdi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks