Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2020, 16:30   #4111
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Can you share where in Delhi did you get the RCD 340 installed? I am looking to get the same installed in my car was well. Need the conventionally mounted backup camera as well. Would be much appreciated!
Sure, I'll attach a screenshot with name, address and the number. Just know that everything is good, the product is original, the installation took barely a few minutes for RCD 340 (camera took a lil longer) But this guy just don't answer calls, even if his does he's always too busy to entertain you properly, part of the reason is because he does ALOT of "base variant to top variant" conversion specially for Creta and honestly he's good at it, still not an excuse for not entertaining calls much.

So, anytime you plan to visit him just make sure you call before you go and be prepared to try to reach him over call/whatsapp more than once.

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-original.jpg
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 16:54   #4112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
In simple plug & play LEDs, I'd really recommend you Morimoto Stroke 2.0s, they're direct plug n play, very decent performance, comparatively light on your pocket and won't ruin the factory look.
Thanks. My only reason for going LED would be the same reason as using them in the house: more light, less watts. This is certainly a more realistic sort of price, but still, that 20k or more I have to spend on a new set of tyres is tapping me on the shoulder!
Old 13th August 2020, 14:22   #4113
BHPian

I own a Volkswagen Polo 1.2 MPFI Petrol Comfortline, December 2016 model. Can anyone please tell me what brand music system it is offered with ?? Is that DYNAUDIO ?? This question has been lingering in my mind since so long, somehow never posted it here. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st September 2020, 00:31   #4114
BHPian

6.5 years and 35000 kilometers later the car has been running perfectly(touch wood), no maintenance costs apart from the yearly service. 90 kmph is the sweet spot for the 1.2 mpi engine and more so for our unpredictable highways, gave an average fuel consumption of 20.3 kmpl on a 350 km journey which i regularly do with the ac at 24°
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20200831_132619.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 12:45   #4115
BHPian

There is a slight juddering on the right ORVM while electronically folding/opening it.

Could anybody guide me with the lubrication process for the same or is it something else that needs attention.

Regards
Old 26th September 2020, 17:58   #4116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
There is a slight juddering on the right ORVM while electronically folding/opening it.

Could anybody guide me with the lubrication process for the same or is it something else that needs attention.

Regards
Give it a good nice spray of wd40 and see how it results, if it's just lubrication issue that should fix it. Others may pitch in some ideas as well.
Old 27th September 2020, 00:27   #4117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Give it a good nice spray of wd40 and see how it results, if it's just lubrication issue that should fix it. Others may pitch in some ideas as well.
There is hardly any space for the liquid to go in between the base and the mirror body. Still, will give it a try. Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 13:30   #4118
BHPian

Gave my car a proper wash, cleaned the interiors thoroughly and then polished the surface, took some time and elbow grease, but at the end it was worth it.

The car would turn 7 this January but she's still a looker(to me at least) i just miss some new features otherwise it is perfect.

My dog accompanied me through the whole process and took a nap as well while i was buffing the polish.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20201101_231302__01.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20201101_230158.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20201101_223743.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_20201101_220013.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 09:28   #4119
KPR
BANNED

Any Tbhpian's review for the 1.0 MPI engine of Polo? Friends help me in knowing how good/bad that engine as compared to 1.2 mill ? All the online reviews start about MPI and ends the conclusion saying spend 2.5L more for 1.0 TSI. Asking this for a friend who is interested in Polo 1.0 MPI as his first car.
Old 6th November 2020, 11:51   #4120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Any Tbhpian's review for the 1.0 MPI engine of Polo?
Recently a bhpian had written a review of the polo 1.0 mpi, you can go through it. The engine is sufficient for city use, decent on highways upto 100 kmph, after that it feels strained. It all depends on how you drive, for a normal user it is sufficient.

I have the 1.2 mpi and for my driving style it is perfectly sufficient, i don't floor the pedal, i like to build speeds gradually, maintain around 90 kmph on the highways. Even during city use i don't complain, the engine has enough grunt for overtakes.

A turbo petrol has its own cons too, it has a noticeable turbo lag which many people have mentioned on the polo 1.0 tsi thread, where it shines is on the highways and open roads plus it costs a lot more too.

Altroz would be launching with a turbo petrol soon, unlike polo the turbo engine would be offered in the lower variants too, your friend can consider that too as well.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...xperience.html (Review: My 2020 Flash Red VW Polo Trendline 1.0 MPi comes home - Initial Ownership Experience)
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 18:30   #4121
BHPian

Hi all - we have a 2015 Polo 1.2 MPI in the family that's only been driven for 16000 km and is on stock 185/60/R15 Good Year. The car is only driven on short runs on decent quality roads here in Mumbai. We have gotten it serviced from the authorized service center for 4 years and from GoMechanic for the last year.

I haven't driven the car much but had the opportunity to drive it recently while waiting for my new car. The ride seems to be more harsh than the Rapid we have in the family, and way more than my new Civic. I could feel a lot of imperfections in the road as compared to the Rapid. I recently got wheel balancing and alignment / rotation done but the ride still seems harsh. Could it be the stock rubber gone hard?

Last edited by andafunda : 15th November 2020 at 18:34.
Old 15th November 2020, 18:39   #4122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
Could it be the stock rubber gone hard?
Sure sounds like the classic symptoms of brittle, almost 6yr old rubber to me. That car is due for all 5 new tyres (or 4 if the owner is in a pinch) as rubber tyres are recommended to be replaced after 6yrs due to age related wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
Don't want to spend too much on tyres - would Yoko Bluearth or Apollo Alnac do the job? (~4.5K per tyre).
The harsh weather conditions of Bombay, sure have taken its toll on the rubber compound.

If it’s that unbearable, buy the cheapest tyres you can find and drop the pressure by 2-3psi as it will soften the ride within the city, without affecting tyre wear (you wouldn’t even care with such low running).

I see the price of conticomfortcontact CC5 is similar to the above 2 options which you mentioned.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 15th November 2020 at 18:59.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 18:44   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Sure sounds like the classic symptoms of brittle, 6yr old rubber to me. That car is due for all 5 new tyres (or 4 if the owner is in a pinch) as rubber tyres are recommended to be replaced after 6yrs due to age related wear.
Thanks for your reply! The car was bought in Jan 2016 so 5 years are coming up soon. Since it is a MT and hardly driven, we want to keep it for a few more years.

Don't want to spend too much on tyres - would Yoko Bluearth or Apollo Alnac do the job? (~4.5K per tyre). The tyre shop guy suggested that the stock rubber will last another year but the ride quality seems very harsh (although it handles the bumps well so i guess the suspension isn't bad.)
andafunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 16:19   #4124
BHPian

Hi everyone, I own a 1.5 tdi polo 2015 model which is now primarily used on narrow lanes and bad to very bad roads. The low GC thus became such a headache that I decided to sell it off at a throw away price. Somehow, the deal did not go through and it was also time for tyre replacement. I decided to take a chance with a notch taller tyres because with the stock tyres the car had become practically useless for me.

The tyre shop did not have many options but he did have the R15 185/65. I decided to take a shot with them because the variation did not seem a lot. However, nearly a thousand kms later I haven’t been more happy with my polo ever! I don’t know how but the handling, comfort, performance and comfort of the car are still the same but there is a ton of improvement in the GC department. Not even once has the car scraped the underbelly since the tyre upgrade. A few days back three of my friends and I went to visit a tribal area near the Indo-Nepal border where we encountered an extremely bad road in the middle of a forest. It was so bad that I would have turned around any given day but just to test the efficacy of the new tyres I decided to go through. With my heart almost in my mouth and a bolero following us at crawling speed meandering all over the road weaving through potholes we managed to pass the 10km stretch without a single scraping sound with four people on board!

Therefore, I highly recommend the 185/65 R15s to everyone facing GC issues in Polo. Mine are MRF ZTX.

Warning: High speed breaking and hill driving are yet to be tested. There is slight variation is speedometer reading.
Malhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 17:20   #4125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malhi View Post
Hi everyone, I own a 1.5 tdi polo 2015 model which is now primarily used on narrow lanes and bad to very bad roads.
That's really good to know, i have a 2014 1.2 mpi and the tyres are due for replacement, will keep this in mind.

Most Viewed