Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 13:16   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
My friend was looking for a car and waiting period for Swift Vxi ABS as quoted by FortPoint Thane is 4-5 months, for Zxi they were quoting 6 months. My friend is now planning for FIGO or Punto.

You guys are scaring me... .I was quoted 30-35 days when I booked my ZXi in Pune city. I hope I am not being taken for a ride. :(
Anyway, this is way OT.
Old 28th April 2010, 13:25   #227
BHPian

My friend cancelled FIGO booking due to 60 days waiting period and taking delivery of New Wager R on 2nd May.
FORD lost a potential customer due to long waiting period

Last edited by vvvinod : 28th April 2010 at 13:26.
Old 28th April 2010, 13:30   #228
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team BHP Support:

This thread is about the Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review.
Its not delivery issues.

Please stick to the topic.

Thanks,
Old 28th April 2010, 16:03   #229
BHPian

What is the waiting period for the WagonR in Bangalore? I hope it not more that a couple of weeks
Old 28th April 2010, 16:09   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar;185942

[B
WagonR Bangalore prise list[/b]

LX: 4,02,308 (NM) - 4,06,050 (M)
LXI: 4,31,318 (NM) - 4,35,063 (M)
VXI: 4,58,635 (NM) - 4,62,317 (M)
VXI (ABS and Airbags): 4,94,986 (NM) - 4,98,728 (M)

NM: Non-Metallic
M: Metallic

I called up other dealers. Same reply. To my surprise Mondovi said 6 months.

Wow! these prices are so comparable to the Beat and Figo!

Wonder how the market would react considering the hype around Figo and the Beat
Old 28th April 2010, 18:48   #231

need some rationale advice

People...own a 800 (AC - 2005 model) and now looking for an upgrade. Took a test drive of Polo and came back grinning ear to ear.

And then went through all the discussion here on Polo, Figo, Manza, Beat and now the new Wagon R. Bit confused now since the money that I will fork out is near about the same.

What do you guys suggest? Listen to my heart and go for Polo???
Sounak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2010, 19:38   #232
BHPian

Went for a test drive of the WagonR.
The sales guy i was interacting with had called up saying TD car was available.

The engine is very silent at idle but the vibrations of the 3 pot engine can be felt both from the steering
wheel as well as the door armrest even at idle which i found a little distracting after the super silent and
smooth Beat and Figo .

NVH levels are very low at idle. Gear shift is very good and precise as is the clutch which is not very long .
I found the positioning of the pedals very convenient.

The seating position and seat are very comfortable and you have a very good view .

As you start moving the engine responds well to the accelerator, both in the 1st and 2nd gears which a short .
But noise levels rise significantly as you raise the engine. You shift up fast and find yourself in 3rd gear in no
time. Pickup is low in 3rd gear at low rpms although the engine doesn't have any problems pulling even from 20-30 km/h.
Did go to 4th but couldnt find enough road to go to 5th. 4th and 5th are quite smooth. On the whole driving the
wagonR is much easier than the Beat and on same level as the Figo. The handling and feel of the steering in the
FIGO is at an altogether different level which is way ahead of the WagonR.

With ac blower at 2 and music on , engine noise is a distant murmer in normal driving conditions.

Apart from the engine vibrations being felt on the steering, you also feel every minute move the tire makes
tackling the road surface, on your steering which i found really irritating. I can imagine in long drives the
constant twitching of the steering tiring your wrist.

Car was comfortable and the shocks were doing a good job in tackling the road .

The knob for the electrical ORVMs feels good and does the job very well. The headlight/wiper/indicator
stalks feel good to operate and are very smooth and precise.

The handles both on the inside and outside are solid without any play and seem to be fitted well.

The overall apperance of the car(wagon) is not as displeasing to the eye when seen in person .

So overall it is a very good package with the only sore points being the 1L engine which is noisy,rattles
a bit as well as the steering letting you know the exact shape and size of every pothole and bump in
the road you go over.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 28th April 2010 at 19:41.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:02   #233
SCH
BHPian

Nut-case, You are the first one to do a test drive. How do you compare it to a Santro/i 10 with reference the engine noise and the vibrations you felt.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:24   #234
BHPian

I need a medal for being the first one!

Compared to the santro which i drive at present, the engine of the wagonr is more noisy and has more vibrations and my santro is nearly 10 years old. EDIT - The vibrations are felt only at idle and as rpm increases it smoothens out. But noise levels are significantly higher to a santros at higher rpms.

The i10 irde 1.1 is a better version of the older engine in my santro.

There is no comparision as far as noise levels and vibration is concerned between the wagon r and the i10 1.2 kappa engine. 1.2 Kappa is much more silent and smoother. The pickup and drivebilty of the wagonR engine is slightly better to the 1.2 K at city speeds but is not as good as the 1.1 irde of the santro.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 28th April 2010 at 20:40.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:30   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
What is the waiting period for the WagonR in Bangalore? I hope it not more that a couple of weeks
Well I inquired about VXI (ABS and Airbags). Sales person said he can give me white color right away. If I need different color, I have to wait for 20 to 30 days.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:36   #236
BHPian

One of the lesser discussed aspects (if not lesser known) on the thread is that, Wagon R is fairly sensitive to air pressure in the four wheels. If the pressure is not right, the car tends to feel less sprightly, noticeable difference in FE, ride becomes bumpy and one gets a feel of almost every thing on the road. I have found the Wagon R to be more sensitive compared to some of the other cars. During the course of the ownership, I have often wondered if this can be helped, by upsizing (rather right-sizing) the tyre on the Wagon R.

Experts feel free to opine !

Last edited by better4worse : 28th April 2010 at 20:38.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:47   #237
BHPian

I thought of the air pressure not being right but couldn't check the tire pressure.
I am no expert but i had the same idea of upsizing and did check for clearance in the wheel well. The spring of the shockabsorber seems to be just about clearing the inside sidewall of the current tyre in VXI (155/65 R14) .

So i guess you cannot go much beyond 160 or maybe 170 at the max.

All showrooms in chennai seem to have received the first shipment of cars. If your trim level and colour are available, you can get immediate delivery and if not i was told waiting period of around 1 month.

Am going in tomorrow for a back to back test drive of the WagonR and a Ritz ( Have to choose between a fully loaded Waggy or a Ritz Lxi petrol- both costs the same) . Guys please let me know if you need any specifics you need checked and i will try to do the same.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 28th April 2010 at 20:56.
Old 28th April 2010, 21:41   #238
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Am going in tomorrow for a back to back test drive of the WagonR and a Ritz ( Have to choose between a fully loaded Waggy or a Ritz Lxi petrol- both costs the same) . Guys please let me know if you need any specifics you need checked and i will try to do the same.
NUT - Case, 1 ) Kindly also check whether there is a drop in pick up when AC is switched ON in city condition. I mean in earlier MATIZ there was a big drop in pick up when AC was switched ON.

2) Kindly also check the distance between the radiator and the front bumper. I hope it is not like the FIGO where even a small hit would damage the condenser.

3) Kindly also comment on the driveability in terms of cornering and body roll at 60 km/hr between Ritz and Wagon R.

Thanks would await your response after your test ride of both the vehicles.

Last edited by SCH : 28th April 2010 at 21:43.
Old 28th April 2010, 21:49   #239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
NUT - Case, 1 ) Kindly also check whether there is a drop in pick up when AC is switched ON in city condition. I mean in earlier MATIZ there was a big drop in pick up when AC was switched ON.

It is noticeable but not too big a turn off. Quite ok in my books

2) Kindly also check the distance between the radiator and the front bumper. I hope it is not like the FIGO where even a small hit would damage the condenser.

I don't have a specific pic, but it is definitely better than the Figo.

3) Kindly also comment on the driveability in terms of cornering and body roll at 60 km/hr between Ritz and Wagon R.

Though the steering is easy to operate, there is significant body roll. Lets just say that this is not the car to be thrown into corners at 60 km/h. Haven't driven the Ritz so can't compare.

Thanks would await your response after your test ride of both the vehicles.
My responses in bold inline.
Old 28th April 2010, 22:34   #240
BHPian

Eddy has given the answer to your questions. Will check anyways.

Regarding the space between the radiator and front bumper , it is definitely better than the FIGO. I have posted a front shot on page 9 of this thread that might help you. Please take a look.

BTW the front grill could have been better in that the radiator is to one side of the grill and the other half is blocked off with plastic. It looks like half the grill is closed and half is open.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 28th April 2010 at 22:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks